Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At nearly 300 pages it was time for a new thread. You can view the previous thread here!

THIS THREAD OP IS NO LONGER ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH NEW PROMOS.

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!

Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers, and it definitely does stack despite what some employees will say.

Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

General video game promotions link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page (Promotions are listed at the bottom of the page)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE & VALUE ESTIMATOR

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades may be done in the Gaming Dept or at customer service depending on the store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the **% bonus TIV work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150.

How does the 10% Gamers Club Unlocked bonus work?
The 10% bonus for Gamers Club Unlocked members is calculated from the base trade in value. So in the above example, a $100 trade would get an extra $10 with the GCU membership bonus. So if there was a 50% trade in bonus it would be $100 base, $10 Gamers Club Unlocked bonus and $50 TIV bonus for a grand total of $160.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine (which typically has a couple of great coupons every month). It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

I didn't get my 10% bonus or the employee said it doesn't stack, what gives?
As of September 2012 the trade in system at Best Buy was updated, and employees seem to be having a hard time making sure that they add the GCU bonus. It should be added immediately after they scan your games, and before they take your personal information. You also should always try to know your full trade in value with bonuses before going to the store so that if the price is different you can identify it immediately. The 10% bonus definitely does stack with any TIV promo (100%, 50%, it doesn't matter). All the Gamers Club Unlocked pamphlets say so, as does the website, and are a great place to point to if an employee or a manager tells you otherwise.

Do we get Reward Zone points for trade-ins??
Yes. You get one point for every pre-bonus dollar traded in. So if your TIV was $100 before bonuses, you get 100 Reward Zone points. Gamers Club Unlocked members (and possibly standard Gamers Club members) get double points for everything gaming, including trade-ins. So in the same example you would wind up with 200 Reward Zone points. To get Reward Zone points you must have them include your Reward Zone membership information (easiest to look up by phone number) with your trade-in (this is required for the Gamers Club Unlocked bonus anyway).

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. Some states, or even localities (county, city, etc.) may not allow the sale of Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone/Android app is way off, why?
The app often sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it if you don't have to.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case (as in, it is possible that has never been the case). When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

How come the GOTY/complete version doesn't show up in the estimator?
Best Buy doesn't differentiate between the vanilla and GOTY/complete versions of a game 99% of the time. This is largely a cover-all policy due to the fact that many GOTY editions include the game's DLC and bonus content as one-time use codes; meaning that the game has no extra value on the 2nd hand market and honestly, Best Buy probably doesn't trust their employees to make sure all the extra content is included. So no extra TIV for your GOTY games. The plus side is that GOTY and vanilla versions sell at the same price, so if the DLC is located on disc and you find a GOTY version in-store it will be the same price as the vanilla one.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but updates can and do happen at any time. Sometimes an update will happen at an atypical time, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Lately some people have been told the policy is 1 game per system (i.e. you could trade in 1 copy of a game for Xbox, 1 for PS3 and 1 for Wii), and have been actively turned down when trading in more than one copy. Whether this is actually something they are banning for or if it is just what employees are being told to follow to limit multiples is unknown. Trade multiples at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually. Yes, this also applies to DS, 3DS, PSP, etc. If you have the manual and artwork you should trade it in though anyway to improve the quality of the selection for people who may want to buy the game in the future (you can't know if the game will be complete when you buy online for example).

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only. Employees have gotten much better about knowing this policy though, and busier stores are more likely to have employees that have done more trade ins and know the rules.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but some stores apparently accept consoles as well. Call ahead before bringing it in. That said, the TIV for most hardware is lower than competitors.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or even city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll need a government issued ID (passport, drivers license, military ID, etc.).

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return. You might even be flat out denied by the employee or manager despite the official rule. It is their right to do so.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracked on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

Remember, all trades are technically at the discretion of Best Buy and they can refuse to accept a game for whatever reason they want (outside of you being black, woman, Jewish, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
worked with no effort about an hour ago...
dunno, i had the girl put in my rewardzone it said gamers club unlocked on the screen and just wouldnt give the 10% and this was twice. Same exact way i've had them do it for years now.

10% worked fine for me about 10 minutes ago.

Once again have to thank those who contributed to this thread.
Working towards a laptop for my son for Xmas, and will be able to get the better one that we picked out.

I finally got receipt confirmation email for my 3 self defense and 3 happy feet which were delivered Monday the 16th.  I was already more than worried it wasn't gonna get processed, maybe because I shipped it Priority with hope of it arriving and getting processed before the majority of others.  5 bucks wasted but in the end, insignificant.

Also, they rejected one of my two Bodycounts for "irreparable damage/could not be refurbished."  I'm curious about that one because I made sure to polish all the questionable discs on my bench grinder, and that works very well to remove any noticeable scratches.  I wonder if they actually check the discs for readability and that one failed or something?

dunno, i had the girl put in my rewardzone it said gamers club unlocked on the screen and just wouldnt give the 10% and this was twice. Same exact way i've had them do it for years now.
dunno either, but there is a button that needs to be clicked on the bottom of the screen...

sometimes staff are unaware and need a peer to show them

just don't end the transaction until you get the 10% as they will call for assistance...

op - perhaps you could ad a sentence or two about this... the comments, complaints and questions are quite redundant..

if added, members could simply write read the op...

From the op -

I didn't get my 10% bonus or the employee said it doesn't stack, what gives?
As of September 2012 the trade in system at Best Buy was updated, and employees seem to be having a hard time making sure that they add the GCU bonus. It should be added immediately after they scan your games, and before they take your personal information. You also should always try to know your full trade in value with bonuses before going to the store so that if the price is different you can identify it immediately. The 10% bonus definitely does stack with any TIV promo (100%, 50%, it doesn't matter). All the Gamers Club Unlocked pamphlets say so, as does the website, and are a great place to point to if an employee or a manager tells you otherwise.

perhaps ad something like (lol - definitely needs editing) -

Trades are now handled by the store's geek squad at Customer Service. If you encounter a staff member that is unable to verify your 10% is activated, ask the staff member to get a manager for assistance. Do not let the transaction end before you verify the 10% has been added.

I also PMed 007 Legends at Best Buy then went outside opened them up and walked back in. I had the trade in to the point were they give you giftcard and the store pickup person calls me a scammer when he noticed what games I was trading in. I am thinking about doing the survey I recieved for buying the games and mentioning he called me a scammer.
This was a long time ago, but to give you an idea of the origin of the culture of best buy employment:

during my employment orientation, I was told that if I suspected someone of stealing, I should try to physically stop them up to tackling if needed. This was because each store had a shared 'loss prevention' budget that was depleted for every missing inventory item's value - whatever was left of the budget at year's end was split by the employees as a bonus.

this was also the heyday of telling everyone you didn't get commission but then on the back end getting reamed if you didn't sell x service plans a day.

hopefully it isn't like that anymore, but I know the store I worked at 10 years ago still treats customers like criminals.

Any ray you want it... Ok, I'll show myself out.
Really? Because that's the ray I need it!

....Ok.....follows you out.

I also PMed 007 Legends at Best Buy then went outside opened them up and walked back in. I had the trade in to the point were they give you giftcard and the store pickup person calls me a scammer when he noticed what games I was trading in. I am thinking about doing the survey I recieved for buying the games and mentioning he called me a scammer.
You can NOT, seriously........SERIOUSLY, be pissed. OMG. Of all the 'boomerang' talk I've read on this board, I've only seen that 1 other time.,,,,,and I'm, STILL, not over it.

Ok to clear some things up the 10% did NOT go away, I guided a BB employee through a trade in just an hour or two ago... Here is the info with the specific details. OK, so on the main page of the trade in, the "cart" so to speak, about half way down the page there are the words "Look up member by number" or something like that. It is a link and have them click it, they then will be asked to sign in, and it will bring them to a page that asks for your phone number, so idk what you guys have been doing, but unless they near the end of the trade in ask for your phone number, than you are not getting your 10%. OK so once they find your info, your # having brought you up, they will need to click 'select', it will NOT change the page, that is normal and they just need to keep clicking it, like alot, just for safety sake, their system sucks.
After that, have them go back to the cart (this is where you will see it apply, it won't show in the upper right hand "total")
Have them scroll down to the bottom, say you traded in $74 base, if there isn't a little blurb saying "Gamers club unlocked 10% $7.40" than you didn't get it and they need to look you up AGAIN... yes that is stupid, but they will have to do it anyway.
ALWAYS ask to see that you are getting the 10%, ALWAYS.
Otherwise you lose out on your 10%, your reward zone points, and your $ towards Elite/Elite Plus. (The trade in's from the FIRST sunday that values went nuts have brought me up the $500 I needed for elite... So yeah, it may seem insignificant but it isn't).

So to sum things up, the "look up member by number" is on the left side around the middle of the page once they scroll down in the cart, they will have to sign in, and then look up your phone number. It does NOT always work on the first try, a employee once had to look up my number like five times. Have them SPAM THE HECK out of clicking "select" and even if they clicked it make sure to tell them that it doesn't always work the first time, and ask politely if you could see that it gave you the 10%. Some reps might see the 100% bonus for this week and think that's it, or that you get one or the other, that is wrong, you damn well get both.

DO NOT SETTLE for 10% off of a purchase you are making because they can't figure out their own system. Sure you may end up saving the extra money you miss out on, but you do NOT get the reward zone points (2 points for every $1 base trade in value) and you will NOT get the $ towards your Elite/Elite Plus ($1 for every $1 in base tiv for the games).

I once had a manager come over when it was taking too long and they had to redo it because I didn't get my 10% and wouldn't sign it, they even said to me "Between you and me, do you really care about the $x.xx" (it was like $2.40) but seriously? WTF? You don't ask a customer that, especially as a MANAGER. So yes, don't have them complete the transaction unless you get your 10%.
I tried to over explain it, but that is just because I don't want anyone to miss out on the rewards you get for the $15 a year.

This was a long time ago, but to give you an idea of the origin of the culture of best buy employment:

during my employment orientation, I was told that if I suspected someone of stealing, I should try to physically stop them up to tackling if needed. This was because each store had a shared 'loss prevention' budget that was depleted for every missing inventory item's value - whatever was left of the budget at year's end was split by the employees as a bonus.

this was also the heyday of telling everyone you didn't get commission but then on the back end getting reamed if you didn't sell x service plans a day.

hopefully it isn't like that anymore, but I know the store I worked at 10 years ago still treats customers like criminals.
That's interesting. These days, I think most stores don't encourage you to physically stop someone you think is stealing because as dumb as it sounds, the person getting tackled could sue. I think most stores will make the potential thief aware that they are being watched to discourage them from trying to steal. I only have 1 local Best Buy and they have a loss prevention guy standing by the door who watches cameras. He is clearly visible to make people aware they are being watched.

Ok to clear some things up the 10% did NOT go away, I guided a BB employee through a trade in just an hour or two ago... Here is the info with the specific details. OK, so on the main page of the trade in, the "cart" so to speak, about half way down the page there are the words "Look up member by number" or something like that. It is a link and have them click it, they then will be asked to sign in, and it will bring them to a page that asks for your phone number, so idk what you guys have been doing, but unless they near the end of the trade in ask for your phone number, than you are not getting your 10%. OK so once they find your info, your # having brought you up, they will need to click 'select', it will NOT change the page, that is normal and they just need to keep clicking it, like alot, just for safety sake, their system sucks.
After that, have them go back to the cart (this is where you will see it apply, it won't show in the upper right hand "total")
Have them scroll down to the bottom, say you traded in $74 base, if there isn't a little blurb saying "Gamers club unlocked 10% $7.40" than you didn't get it and they need to look you up AGAIN... yes that is stupid, but they will have to do it anyway.
ALWAYS ask to see that you are getting the 10%, ALWAYS.
Otherwise you lose out on your 10%, your reward zone points, and your $ towards Elite/Elite Plus. (The trade in's from the FIRST sunday that values went nuts have brought me up the $500 I needed for elite... So yeah, it may seem insignificant but it isn't).

So to sum things up, the "look up member by number" is on the left side around the middle of the page once they scroll down in the cart, they will have to sign in, and then look up your phone number. It does NOT always work on the first try, a employee once had to look up my number like five times. Have them SPAM THE HECK out of clicking "select" and even if they clicked it make sure to tell them that it doesn't always work the first time, and ask politely if you could see that it gave you the 10%. Some reps might see the 100% bonus for this week and think that's it, or that you get one or the other, that is wrong, you damn well get both.

DO NOT SETTLE for 10% off of a purchase you are making because they can't figure out their own system. Sure you may end up saving the extra money you miss out on, but you do NOT get the reward zone points (2 points for every $1 base trade in value) and you will NOT get the $ towards your Elite/Elite Plus ($1 for every $1 in base tiv for the games).

I once had a manager come over when it was taking too long and they had to redo it because I didn't get my 10% and wouldn't sign it, they even said to me "Between you and me, do you really care about the $x.xx" (it was like $2.40) but seriously? WTF? You don't ask a customer that, especially as a MANAGER. So yes, don't have them complete the transaction unless you get your 10%.
I tried to over explain it, but that is just because I don't want anyone to miss out on the rewards you get for the $15 a year.
After that post, it's hopeless for those not getting their 10%.......because they CHOOSE to let incompetent employees tell them otherwise. Those RZ certs, from trading, will come in handy if BB does those $5 games, again! With new consoles coming out, I can see it for the current gen stuff.

Ok so you are going to mention how after you picked up the games, you opened them and than traded them back in for a profit, and the store pick up person saw and called you a scammer... I'm gonna be perfectly honest and say yes I have "boomeranged" but I really would wait a day between pick up, and trade in, or at least a few hours... Doing it literally minutes apart, it just feels like that crosses the line that I so thinly walk. I dunno, maybe I am being hypocritical, and you don't need to listen to me at all, but I mean, with what we are doing, I kind of give them a free pass, If I walk out those doors with my gift-card, than I am happy.

anyone know the sku for renewing. Just about to go out and I might as well. or which booklet is the one that works?
Posted by yours truly in this thread but it is buried now some pages back so here you go:

Post # 3460 Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

This will help you guys out. I renewed my GCU membership today (confirmed my membership extended to 2014 by going into My Rewards page and checking status) and did it using the print out from the kiosk in the gaming department. If you have problem finding it, search "Gamer". It will give you 2 options. One for Gamer@Mag Sub and one for Reward Zone GCU. Both are listed as $14.99 but only the GCU one is valid. SKU for the valid one is: 3081375. Here is the snapshot of it as well if anyone needs it.

BB_GCU_SKU.png

My BB wouldnt let me pricematch Frys.com because they aren't in NC.

Also seems my goodwill with them is low. People used to treat me good because I was a regular, and spent a lot with them (elite plus $3500 requirement) After the one time I tried to buy a Visa card and the manager ran up to cancel the transaction even though it went through, people have been acting funny towards me lately.

Instead of a valued customer, I'm treated like a thief or con man. Had to fight for a legit amazon PM because they didn't have a retail presence in our state.

After telling her that's not what the policy states

She says "oh you want to do it like this"

I said "I'm not trying to start a fight or anything just that's what the website says and I thought that was the policy. If it changed then I apologize for bringing it up"

I swear the manager now has something against me and does her best to deny any type of pricematch I bring up.

Apparently my BB has a limit of 5 games per day. And doesn't have prepaid visas.

Seeing as I went in for my first trade in with 11 I was kind of worried.  Luckily I got my gf to come in and trade in 5, so I left with just my copy of Red Dead and 50 extra bucks.

So you tackle people with GS stickers. I approve.

I tackled an old lady once...I ended up with a Werther's up my ass and an 87 year old girlfriend.

EDIT: That is why I would make a great mod, stopped this thread dead in its tracks. ;)

My BB wouldnt let me pricematch Frys.com because they aren't in NC.

Also seems my goodwill with them is low. People used to treat me good because I was a regular, and spent a lot with them (elite plus $3500 requirement) After the one time I tried to buy a Visa card and the manager ran up to cancel the transaction even though it went through, people have been acting funny towards me lately.

Instead of a valued customer, I'm treated like a thief or con man. Had to fight for a legit amazon PM because they didn't have a retail presence in our state.

After telling her that's not what the policy states

She says "oh you want to do it like this"

I said "I'm not trying to start a fight or anything just that's what the website says and I thought that was the policy. If it changed then I apologize for bringing it up"

I swear the manager now has something against me and does her best to deny any type of pricematch I bring up.
If you dint mind sharing, what NC store is this? My local Arden store has been giving me the same issues and I'm curious.

If any thread that should be looked at by a mod, it should be this one. Cheapy is not making any money at all from all this flipping talk.

as an FYI, the button for Rewardzone doesn't always work.  When it doesn't work, they need to suspend the sale and use a different register.  At my closest Bestbuy the only register that works is the one by the Samsung display.  At another one, its the one by the mobile phones.  Its a software glitch.

This is not only liable for lawsuit (the person being tackled and the employee told to tackle the customer could both sue), but is borderline illegal (technically that is assault and "belief of possible theft" is not a legal reason to assault someone, well except maybe in Florida).

Probably cause you were scamming them.

I am pretty sure the 10% just doesn't work anymore.Today, I guided an employee step by step through it and watched the monitor and it just wasn't applying.

did you get the 10% extra assuming your gcu, i did not get mine, the guy said it's only showing points not 10 % extra.
10% still works. Got it twice today. The biggest thing is that they need to enter your information before they get to the screen where it ask them for the info from your ID. The problem is that it isn't super obvious on that screen and the next screen allows you to add RZ information but this doesn't add the GCU bonus. My 2nd trade today the girl almost missed it, but I saw that she picked up my ID and started typing and I went, "I"m sorry, what is the total." She told me and I knew that was missing the 10% so I told her that. She was confused at first and then I said, "Go back a page and look towards the bottom and you'll see a spot to enter in my information. It's screwy, but that's where you have to add it." She then listened to me, added it correctly, laughed and suggested I apply for a job since I was training her how to do it right when no one else ever had.

Also, my ban is lifted, I can trade again!

Someone posted steps on how you can guide an employee to properly apply the 10% GCU bonus. It's somewhere several pages back...
I thought I had this in the OP honestly, in the last thread it was posted in some detail like every 5 post so maybe that's where I'm getting it from.

Oh, and these aren't "flips" necessarily, but if you have any of these on your shelf these prices are totally worth trading them in at:

Xbox 360:

Mayhem 3D = $8 base

Ninja Blade = $5 base

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole = $5 base

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon rising = $5 base

3DS

Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle = $8 base (I seriously thought I'd be stuck with this game forever after getting it for like $5 on clearance at Best Buy).

If you dint mind sharing, what NC store is this? My local Arden store has been giving me the same issues and I'm curious.
The Greensboro location. It's gotten so bad that, normal employees run to get a mangers approval to sell me a PSN card or kindle card, because I'm using a gift card .

Denied me the psn card because I can't "buy credit, with credit".

So I walked outside and placed an online order for In store pickup. Went back inside got my cards, smiled and walked back out.

I really don't feel comfortable shopping there anymore. It's always a hassle.

The Greensboro location. It's gotten so bad that, normal employees run to get a mangers approval to sell me a PSN card or kindle card, because I'm using a gift card .

So I walked outside and placed an online order for In store pickup. Went back inside got my cards, smiled and walked back out.

I would report the store to best buy.

They are being assholes for no reason.

Well everytime I just try to get them to add my reward zone info they give me attitude. They say there is no where to enter it and then treat me like shit for trying to show them where to enter it.

That is ridiculous. If I were you, I would contact corporate and let them know how you are treated, especially as an Elite+ member. Send an e-mail or call the dedicated Elite+ customer service line and let them know how you are treated when you go in there.

Well everytime I just try to get them to add my reward zone info they give me attitude. They say there is no where to enter it and then treat me like shit for trying to show them where to enter it.
same here, even when i'm trying to help them to look for the title of the game. You can clearly see it in their face that they're having trouble during the trde and when I was suggesting something, they just give me a mean look and ignore my suggestion. In the end, they'll do exactly what I told them. My time is limited so arguing over 10% is not worth it.

same here, even when i'm trying to help them to look for the title of the game. You can clearly see it in their face that they're having trouble during the trde and when I was suggesting something, they just give me a mean look and ignore my suggestion. In the end, they'll do exactly what I told them. My time is limited so arguing over 10% is not worth it.

Give them a bad review you can call rewards zone and they will make a report for you, while your getting your missing points ect. I missed out on my 10% for months at a bb because they didn't know how to add it. So I just took it but you can only take so much.. After giving them a negative review they now know what gcu is and know how to appropriately add the member number. Correcting them once won't fix it, it takes manager training to insure they know how to properly do it. Even though it shouldn't be that hard to us it seems, don't be surprised if you go back and they still don't know how to do it.

Posted by yours truly in this thread but it is buried now some pages back so here you go:

I have bad news for you Dwayne, that 3081375 sku is now worth jack shit.

I tried 3 things.

1. The booklet with Castlevania on the cover. It would not ring up.

2. Printed out from kiosk sign up for sku 3081375 Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked]. It said it was $14.99. Did not work.

3. Printed out from kiosk sign up for sku 3312234 Reward Zone Gamers Club. It said it was free. That did work.

So i doubt i'll get the 10% since I don't think the free one gives you anything. Looks like they killed that sku.

Oh, and these aren't "flips" necessarily, but if you have any of these on your shelf these prices are totally worth trading them in at:

Xbox 360:
Mayhem 3D = $8 base
Ninja Blade = $5 base
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole = $5 base
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon rising = $5 base

3DS
Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle = $8 base (I seriously thought I'd be stuck with this game forever after getting it for like $5 on clearance at Best Buy).
Ninja blade 5$ base = music to my ears lol

I tried 3 things.

2. Printed out from kiosk sign up for sku 3081375 Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked]. It said it was $14.99. Did not work.

3. Printed out from kiosk sign up for sku 3312234 Reward Zone Gamers Club. It said it was free. That did work.

So i doubt i'll get the 10% since I don't think the free one gives you anything. Looks like they killed that sku.
I upgraded fine yesterday.

They have to refresh 2 or 3 times when doing the transaction but it worked for me.

to lazy to take a picture but I still have the pamphlet that they used to upgrade me.

UPC: 400030813753

I tried 3 things.

It worked fine for me 3 hours ago at the Aiea, HI Best Buy. I went up to the gaming kiosk upstairs and printed out the GCU receipt with SKU 3081375 and took it to the registers.

They have to enter your RZ # or Phone# to bring up your account, THEN scan the barcode or enter the SKU and it worked for me.
If they scan the barcode THEN enter your RZ info it will give a error.

I just verified that my extra year was added when I checked earlier.

I tried 3 things.

Like DudeImGodly said they will need to refresh it from what others have reported. In my case the guy scanned the barcode and it prompted for him to scan my reward zone card. He cleared the screen and then scanned my reward zone card and then scanned the barcode again to activate it. It prompted him to verify my e-mail address and after that I was all set.

It worked fine for me 3 hours ago at the Aiea, HI Best Buy. I went up to the gaming kiosk upstairs and printed out the GCU receipt with SKU 3081375 and took it to the registers.

They have to enter your RZ # or Phone# to bring up your account, THEN scan the barcode or enter the SKU and it worked for me.
If they scan the barcode THEN enter your RZ info it will give a error.

I just verified that my extra year was added when I checked earlier.
^ Exactly!

Ok, will try again tomorrow.

How soon will this work so i can get my 10% boost? Do I need to wait an hour or what.
It should work as soon as it is activated. Heck, my membership was exteneded instantaneously and the coupons were emailed to me the next day.

Guitar hero warriors of Rock ps3 , I payed 7$ at GameStop but goes for 10$ after 100% at best buy , prob won't play it anyway ... Just saying stoned

I'm so confused with GCU, does it still exist or not anymore? I trust the people here more than the clueless BB workers that tell me that they no longer have the program anymore.

bread's done
Back