Best Buy Trade-in 5.0 - see FAQ in OP!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just seemed like a good time for a new thread. You can view the previous thread here!

THIS THREAD OP WILL NOT BE ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH NEW PROMOS - THIS IS PRIMARILY AN FAQ.

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!

Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers, and it definitely does stack despite what some employees will say.

Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Flip discussion is allowed on CAG, but begging for list of games to flip is not only obnoxious but doesn't help the community in any way; don't be surprised if some users are only interested in trading information with other users who regularly contribute to the thread.

General video game promotions link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page (Promotions are listed at the bottom of the page)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE & VALUE ESTIMATOR

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades may be done in the Gaming Dept or at customer service depending on the store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the **% bonus TIV work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150.

How does the 10% Gamers Club Unlocked bonus work?
The 10% bonus for Gamers Club Unlocked members is calculated from the base trade in value. So in the above example, a $100 trade would get an extra $10 with the GCU membership bonus. So if there was a 50% trade in bonus it would be $100 base, $10 Gamers Club Unlocked bonus and $50 TIV bonus for a grand total of $160. 

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership (should being the key word). The program has undergone some serious changes in the last couple of months. The program now cost $120  for two years and comes with a subscription of @Gamer magazine until May 2014 (which typically has a couple of great coupons every month). It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins, 20% off new games and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your My Best Buy membership. Current GCU members have been upgraded to the new program for no extra charge and should have received a coupon to extend their membership for an additional 2 years at a cost of $30 ($15 a year). Members who had their subscription run out within a couple months of November 2013 will also get this coupon. 

I can't find the pamphlet or barcode to sign up for GCU!

Employees by and large seem ignorant of the program and probably won't be much help so here is what you need to do. There may be pamphlets around various areas of the store and if you can not find that try the touch kiosk. 

I didn't get my 10% bonus or the employee said it doesn't stack, what gives?
As of September 2012 the trade in system at Best Buy was updated, and employees seem to be having a hard time making sure that they add the GCU bonus. It should be added immediately after they scan your games, and before they take your personal information. You also should always try to know your full trade in value with bonuses before going to the store so that if the price is different you can identify it immediately. The 10% bonus definitely does stack with any TIV promo (100%, 50%, it doesn't matter). All the Gamers Club Unlocked pamphlets say so, as does the website, and are a great place to point to if an employee or a manager tells you otherwise.

For a full break down of when and how to help make sure your 10% was applied look in the spoiler.

How to get your 10% bonus

For some reason this is incredibly difficult for employees to get right. Following this process should work, but there is no accounting for the occasional very-bad-at-their-job employee.  

The 10% requires that they add your member information at a very specific point. The best way to describe it is that it must be entered along with your games, as it is on the same page. So immediately after they enter your games, but before navigating to the next page on their computer, the Best Buy employee has to enter your information, typically using your phone number, to find your account. It is on the same page as all of the games and if they are asking for your ID it is too late!  The big problem is that the next page also looking up your member information, but in a brilliant move of programming on Best Buy's part, it will not apply the membership bonus at this stage. An easy way to see if the bonus has been applied is to ask for the trade in total at this point as well, as the 10% (and any other bonuses) would already be applied; so if the numbers are off you know they need to go back a page and enter the information. Otherwise, that being done, it should work just fine.

Things to know/help you make sure the bonus is applied:

• Always know your trade total, including bonuses, before going in. This will help you catch issues.
  • Hold onto your ID until they ask for it, that way you know that they are on that page. Before handing them the ID is a great time to ask them what the total was if they haven't already told you because you can still catch the issue now. 
  • Be polite and helpful. Try to not get frustrated if they didn't enter the information at first, and politely mention that last time you had this issue the employee had to go back a page. In the event the issue isn't being resolved it never hurts to ask if maybe someone from gaming could help.  MOST employees will be friendly and work with you. 
  • Lastly, be persistent. Some employees will take it personally when you try to help, some will just be difficult because lets face it, retail jobs suck and you're probably the 900th person to ask them for something today. Giving up though not only makes you lose out on the 10% bonus, and the Reward Zone points (as well as credit towards your Elite Plus status), all it does is make sure the employee doesn't know what they are doing for the next customer either.  You paid for the bonus, make sure you get it. 

Do we get MyBestBuy (Reward Zone) points for trade-ins??
Yes. You get one point for every pre-bonus dollar traded in. So if your TIV was $100 before bonuses, you get 100 Reward Zone points. Gamers Club Unlocked members (and possibly standard Gamers Club members) get double points for everything gaming, including trade-ins. So in the same example you would wind up with 200 Reward Zone points. To get Reward Zone points you must have them include your Reward Zone membership information (easiest to look up by phone number) with your trade-in (this is required for the Gamers Club Unlocked bonus anyway).

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. Some states, or even localities (county, city, etc.) may not allow the sale of Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone/Android app is way off, why?
The app often sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it if you don't have to.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case (as in, it is possible that has never been the case). When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

How come the GOTY/complete version doesn't show up in the estimator?
Best Buy doesn't differentiate between the vanilla and GOTY/complete versions of a game 99% of the time. This is largely a cover-all policy due to the fact that many GOTY editions include the game's DLC and bonus content as one-time use codes; meaning that the game has no extra value on the 2nd hand market and honestly, Best Buy probably doesn't trust their employees to make sure all the extra content is included. So no extra TIV for your GOTY games. The plus side is that GOTY and vanilla versions sell at the same price, so if the DLC is located on disc and you find a GOTY version in-store it will be the same price as the vanilla one.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but updates can and do happen at any time. Sometimes an update will happen at an atypical time, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as). Again, the item MUST BE RECEIVED within 14 days. It is not enough to simply ship it within the 14 day time period (like Amazon). Be mindful of this if you are trying to trade in a game that you are waiting to ship/arrive from an online store. If you miss the receiving deadline and then complain about it in the thread you will probably be made fun of. You have been warned.

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No. Online and in-store are completely separate in every way but their base trade in values.

Do I get the XX% bonus or my 10% GCU bonus when trading online?

No. All bonuses, including GCU member bonus only work in-store.  The value listed on the website is the value you will receive, nothing more.

How do I get my giftcard for online trades?

Online trades will receive a E-Giftcard.  E-Giftcards can be printed and used in store, you can also go in store and ask a cashier to "transfer" it to a real giftcard, i.e. buy a real giftcard with the E-Giftcard funds if you wish. Apparently the online system states they will mail a giftcard but this is not accurate. 

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy recently changed their policy on this then changed it back. You can trade up to 3 copies of a title per platform. The system will not automatically stop you from trading in more than 3 copies of a game, some have done so frequently without issue but many others have been banned for trading over the limit in the past so it is not recommended if you wish to keep Best Buy as a trade in option in the future. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk. If you regularly re-buy games at lower prices and trade in a lot it may be wise to keep track of all that you trade in.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually. Yes, this also applies to DS, 3DS, PSP, etc. If you have the manual and artwork you should trade it in though anyway to improve the quality of the selection for people who may want to buy the game in the future (you can't know if the game will be complete when you buy online for example).

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only. Employees have gotten much better about knowing this policy though, and busier stores are more likely to have employees that have done more trade ins and know the rules.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but some stores apparently accept consoles as well. Call ahead before bringing it in. That said, the TIV for most hardware is lower than competitors.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or even city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll need a government issued ID (passport, drivers license, military ID, etc.).

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF? 
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return. You might even be flat out denied by the employee or manager despite the official rule. It is their right to do so.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracked on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

Remember, all trades are technically at the discretion of Best Buy and they can refuse to accept a game for whatever reason they want (outside of you being black, woman, Jewish, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question just to clarify. So Best buy does a limit 3 of each game PER CONSOLE right? So I would be ok trading in for example, 2 copies of Diablo 3 for xbox 360 and 2 copies of Diablo 3 for ps3? Thanks for the reply. I don't want to randomly get banned if they only do a limit 3 for each title regardless of which console it is.
Yes, you're fine doing that. You might get some funny looks from the employee processing your trade-in, but you're not technically breaking any rules.

Are online trades separate from store trades? Can I trade three in store and one online? Three online and one in store? When does the limit reset? Is it at the start of the year or 365 days later?

So I went to trade in a extra copy of AC3 which was a gamestop edtion and they wouldn't except it.  The lady kept telling me it wasn't ringing up or showing in the system and then she said that it had to match exactly what what on the SKU.  I know this had not been a issue before because i have traded in target editions of AC Black Flag with no problem.  Has anyone else had this problem lately?

I have a feeling that shop wouldnt be around for very long, lol.
You clearly haven`t been paying attention I`m amazing with numbers/money etc

Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week, I do this in my sleep.
I ain`t a businessman I`m a BUSINESS MAN let me handle my business damn

Just off South park purchased 4 copies for $191.96 no tax on DE
Sold them to my regs for $50 each $200 total cash
Got $80 in pre-order credit +($5) 431 rz pts(elite plus, 2x)
Took me about 90 minutes to buy, meet up & return home.
End result I knocked off close to $200 from $3500 needed for elite plus got $85 in free credit using $5 worth of gas on a trip that I was making anyways. But here`s the kicker all of my regs have re-upped GCU subs for $30 too but they don`t always have the time & knowledge to research deals. BB get 8 GCU subs, I made $80 pure profit & all 4 of my customers are happy.
Win, Win, Win everybody happy

I cannot take someone seriously that says ain't and rhymes in a post. You sure do boast about how much money you make from flipping. I assume you think people are going to be impressed.

And yet, he doesnt own his own business.

isn't it odd to be so good at business that you don't own your own or even have a job in business management? lol

And yet, he doesnt own his own business.

isn't it odd to be so good at business that you don't own your own or even have a job in business management? lol
what doesn't make sense to me is he said they have there own account which he used there's right? So techinally if he used there's the $20 preorder bonus would post to there account instead his. And if he did use his instead then buying 4 put him over the 3 limit leading to a ban? Lol

what doesn't make sense to me is he said they have there own account which he used there's right? So techinally if he used there's the $20 preorder bonus would post to there account instead his. And if he did use his instead then buying 4 put him over the 3 limit leading to a ban? Lol
The dude has like 4-8 GCU accounts. So he pre-ordered a game on 4 different accounts. How he got the $200 to go toward his 3,500 elite plus is beyond me since you can't link different GCU accounts to one reward zone account unless he means he got $200 split between his 4 accounts.

I don't know who his "regs" are but they sound like morons. I don't buy "they don't have time" when you can just pre-order and get the game sent to you for free lol.

I cannot take someone seriously that says ain't and rhymes in a post. You sure do boast about how much money you make from flipping. I assume you think people are going to be impressed.
I put the #`s out because people are so quick to say "it`s not worth it, takes to much time" blah blah blah. Other times like when BB did the 5x rz point promo alot of people missed out early b/c they really didn`t believe that BB would give you enough points to score a free XB1 or PS4.
And with the exception of the last post you`ll be hard pressed to find flips totals from me. Go back 30 pages in this thread you won`t find 5 poat of me saying anything like "I just turn $500 to $1300" I do alot of damage thru CL thus there`s no "flip" to post.

I laugh when people say GCU isn`t worth it @ $120 when I could show em how to get that back in a hour & enjoy GCU for free for 2 yrs no muss mo fuss.

But there`s been alot of non deal talk in this thread so I`ll give you a free gems
TRU easter sale titanfall XB1 2 copies for $60 trade one to BB for $43.20 get titanfall(or theif) for $17 or trade 2 titanfalls for $24ish profit.
Or depending on how the kmart promo works $80 credit for a PS3, $70 for 3DS XL, $160 + $80 credit for 4 3DS games.

You do realize that

1) Value is subject.

2) You have no idea what the trade in value will be by next weekend.

3) You are still "flipping" even if its not from one store to another lol.

Stay in school kids or this is how you spend your time making chump change when a yearly bonus at a decent paying job can earn you 15 thousand easily.

4 subs my own, my moms, my sisters & my girlfriends thus no ban. You only get 1 pre-order bonus per sub

The dude has like 4-8 GCU accounts. So he pre-ordered a game on 4 different accounts. How he got the $200 to go toward his 3,500 elite plus is beyond me since you can't link different GCU accounts to one reward zone account unless he means he got $200 split between his 4 accounts.

I don't know who his "regs" are but they sound like morons. I don't buy "they don't have time" when you can just pre-order and get the game sent to you for free lol.
@Aircobra this is exactly why I post #`s
$48 is $200 spend across each account it I don`t care that it`s split up it still counts. I want all 4 accounts to be elite plus in the event BB offers something to elite plus members 1 per acccount I`d be covered.
I think big picture technically I got $400 towards elite plus since I can take the $200 cash buy a visa & use that for gas. And I do better this way vs business managment since ALL of my money is tax free. I don`t forsee uncle sam auditting my videogame collection even if they did it`ll take their best years just to understand all the promos.

FYI, I worked at the IRS, both of my parents owned their own businesses & I worked in retail. I just soaked up alot of knowledge in the process which pays off now.

My regs are normal people just not the best shoppers plus the have kids, jobs, wife & husband...remember there`s alot of people who pay $60 day 1 with no promos and/or trade ins at places like Target, Gamestop, Walmart. Even us CAG`s did everyone here buy the same way before joining CAG? I see people hear say they missed a deal b/c they didn`t have time what`s the difference?

You do realize that

1) Value is subject.

2) You have no idea what the trade in value will be by next weekend.

3) You are still "flipping" even if its not from one store to another lol.
1-Everything is subjective just on CAG`s there`s a thread where a dude was like Halle Berry is "just Ok"
2-I`m no fool you buy 2 copies NOW & trade then return/rebuy. Only a rookie/newbie would wait 2 weeks.
3- But there`s no point of consistanly stating the CL values here since only I have access to my regs. which up until the last post I haven`t done since the actual GS to BB flip thread.

Stay in school kids or this is how you spend your time making chump change when a yearly bonus at a decent paying job can earn you 15 thousand easily.
My friend
C.R.E.A.M. dollar dollar bills ya`ll
With the way I do things I get more than $15,000. $3,500 x 4= $14,000 remember tax free plus the items that I buy plus since I already drive for a living the gas is being spent(and written off I`m an IC). I can meet a person at a mall that I'm delivering to making money from my job AND on the side classic double dip. Get paid from the games on the spot & get my paycheck in two weeks.

How does the math work out where you get a $5 cert for buying a $60 game. Seems like I'm only getting around 100 points where a $5 GC is 250

I just think he invests too much time on his posts here and into best buy. Unless I have stock in a company I would never put that much effort into one.

How does the math work out where you get a $5 cert for buying a $60 game. Seems like I'm only getting around 100 points where a $5 GC is 250

I think that's if you use a BBY credit card.

60 base points

60 points for Gamer's Club

120 points for using the BBY credit card

And 6 points or 15 extra points for Elite or Elite Plus

I'm impressed.

4 subs my own, my moms, my sisters & my girlfriends thus no ban. You only get 1 pre-order bonus per sub@Aircobra this is exactly why I post #`s
$48 is $200 spend across each account it I don`t care that it`s split up it still counts. I want all 4 accounts to be elite plus in the event BB offers something to elite plus members 1 per acccount I`d be covered.
I think big picture technically I got $400 towards elite plus since I can take the $200 cash buy a visa & use that for gas. And I do better this way vs business managment since ALL of my money is tax free. I don`t forsee uncle sam auditting my videogame collection even if they did it`ll take their best years just to understand all the promos.
FYI, I worked at the IRS, both of my parents owned their own businesses & I worked in retail. I just soaked up alot of knowledge in the process which pays off now.
My regs are normal people just not the best shoppers plus the have kids, jobs, wife & husband...remember there`s alot of people who pay $60 day 1 with no promos and/or trade ins at places like Target, Gamestop, Walmart. Even us CAG`s did everyone here buy the same way before joining CAG? I see people hear say they missed a deal b/c they didn`t have time what`s the difference?
1-Everything is subjective just on CAG`s there`s a thread where a dude was like Halle Berry is "just Ok"
2-I`m no fool you buy 2 copies NOW & trade then return/rebuy. Only a rookie/newbie would wait 2 weeks.
3- But there`s no point of consistanly stating the CL values here since only I have access to my regs. which up until the last post I haven`t done since the actual GS to BB flip thread.
My friend
C.R.E.A.M. dollar dollar bills ya`ll
With the way I do things I get more than $15,000. $3,500 x 4= $14,000 remember tax free plus the items that I buy plus since I already drive for a living the gas is being spent(and written off I`m an IC). I can meet a person at a mall that I'm delivering to making money from my job AND on the side classic double dip. Get paid from the games on the spot & get my paycheck in two weeks.

lol, have fun doing that for the rest of your life lol while I sit back and play games and not worry about how I'm going to make my next flip.

I think that's if you use a BBY credit card.

60 base points
60 points for Gamer's Club
120 points for using the BBY credit card
And 6 points or 15 extra points for Elite or Elite Plus
Didn't know about the bestbuy card, thanks for the heads up

Enuf, what other strategies do you have for flipping games? What other suggestions should Best Buy make to improve GCU? How many hours do you devote per day between CAG and the Best Buy forums?

4 games $48 each + 2x pts & 25% elite plus

I just think he invests too much time on his posts here and into best buy. Unless I have stock in a company I would never put that much effort into one.
I owned stock did quite well last yr in fact it`s $25 something per share now too much risk a diet company like nutrisystem does well for me though.

lol, have fun doing that for the rest of your life lol while I sit back and play games and not worry about how I'm going to make my next flip.
Again with the time stuff I can do stuff while I work maybe 5-6 hrs a week extra to get games, tablets, tvs basically anything BB sells for super cheap.
I can post on here/forums pages while waiting for a delivery, signature, pickup, loading dock space, parking etc. Companies aren`t effcient timewise same with employees I spend just much time waiting while working as I do driving to/from each job.

Real talk if I spend 5 hours on BB`s site & that opens up deals for people on CAG to save time well spent IMHO
I know for a fact tons of people have done quite well with @gamer couoons online & back then I was one of the only people on CAG really repping BB hard. Their weekly ads didn`t even get stickied like the are now. This threads OP, htz & maybe 4-5 others have really gotten the BB deals out there.

127814606985.jpg

I'll end it with this
Since joining CAG I've saved over $20,000 at least.
So if I spend 10-15 hours in a month helping to get BB to offer a better deal, a service, a trade in offer or other promotional that allows the CAG community to save more money, get a better trade in value or get a cheap/free game what's wrong with that? I've paid my dues by posting solid deals for a long time not just taking deals by just lurking or posting on SD.

If a person chooses to take 5 minutes of their time to support my idea(s) which are very CAG friendly I put the effort in to see it thru because I value/respect YOUR time.
If you guys feel I'm wrong for that then maybe you're on the wrong site, I thought the whole point of CAG is to work together to help as many members save money getting the best deals on stuff. If my time saves YOU money or gets YOU more trade in credit that's a bad thing?

I can't believe anyone on here would be against

1- BB offering 20% off videogame accessories
2- @Gamer coupons moving to mybb vs ending totally
3- Online sign ups for GCU subs
4- BB discounting digital games when physical ones go on sale or offering 20% off digital games, PSN/XBL cards
5- Mario Kart 8 getting added to the $10 pre-order list along with other Nintendo titles
6- Better welcome kit coupons
7- A Last of Us PS3 trade in offer towards the PS4 version
8- RZ points posting instantly
9- Pre-order bonuses being printed directly on your receipt
10- A copycat GCU style program that applies to DVDs, Blu Rays, CDs & other media

Had an interesting experience trading tonight.

I traded in a copy of Ghosts WiiU(already traded two yesterday) and they didn't have to take a picture of my license or have me sign the pad.  They just entered my license info and I signed the piece of paper.

Do those extra things vary by locale also? (I was in a different state fwiw)

That's the way it is for me type in id info and sign a paper. Different rules are due to different pawn laws in cities/state's

Had an interesting experience trading tonight.

I traded in a copy of Ghosts WiiU(already traded two yesterday) and they didn't have to take a picture of my license or have me sign the pad. They just entered my license info and I signed the piece of paper.

Do those extra things vary by locale also? (I was in a different state fwiw)
yes it very by state depending on the local laws in the store area since trade ins usually go by a lot the same laws that pawn shops do

That's the way it is for me type in id info and sign a paper. Different rules are due to different pawn laws in cities/state's

yes it very by state depending on the local laws in the store area since trade ins usually go by a lot the same laws that pawn shops do
I was guessing as much. I'm just used to the ID picture/signing the pad since all the stores I've been to in Ohio do it that I thought it was weird. (some minor things still vary, like needing a license plate number or something)

I hope there is either some kind of bonus in the morning or these prices really aren't what they were minus 50%. Oh well, should've taken some stuff earlier.

As far as whether there's a bonus or not there's 3 possible scenarios . 1 no bonus this week , 2 values page hasn't updated yet , or 3 50% bonus again this week . If I was a betting man (which I am) I'd send my purple stacks in on 50% bonus again . My reasons are the trade in value page are usually updated by this time of night and it's a stretch for best buy to only give 27 $ for games such as titanfall and infamous . Yet since they are running b2g1 this week lower than average trade values aren't out of the realm of possibility . The last time they had a b2g1 promo newer titles were a disappointing 30 $ or so . At the same time 27 $ base for a game with no bonus isn't like bestbuy , if anything it would be a 30 $ base . So 50 % bonus it is boys and girls ... unless they haven't updated the trade value page yet . If that's the case I apologize for my wall of text and xfiles like conspiracy theories . Also I send my purple chips away with a smile .

As far as whether there's a bonus or not there's 3 possible scenarios . 1 no bonus this week , 2 values page hasn't updated yet , or 3 50% bonus again this week . If I was a betting man (which I am) I'd send my purple stacks in on 50% bonus again . My reasons are the trade in value page are usually updated by this time of night and it's a stretch for best buy to only give 27 $ for games such as titanfall and infamous . Yet since they are running b2g1 this week lower than average trade values aren't out of the realm of possibility . The last time they had a b2g1 promo newer titles were a disappointing 30 $ or so . At the same time 27 $ base for a game with no bonus isn't like bestbuy , if anything it would be a 30 $ base . So 50 % bonus it is boys and girls ... unless they haven't updated the trade value page yet . If that's the case I apologize for my wall of text and xfiles like conspiracy theories . Also I send my purple chips away with a smile .
or its possible that best buy trade in is just going to go back to being irrelevant again

If anyone is going to BB today, please post if there is a bonus or not. I don't want to run through destroy all humans and game of thrones if there isn't

My money is on their site and their systems haven't updated yet either way! Whether that be a 50% bonus or higher base amounts....Now as for my prediction, I say they will raise base amounts, but clearly to a point that is lower that the combined value with the 50% bonus.

On a week where there is B2G1 free, from my experience they rarely also run any type of 50/100% TIV bonus... So with a little patience, in a couple hours when the dude in charge of updating system prices decides to make it in to work, he will up the base prices. I just fear with all the sales going on, all the games we are looking to dump as a whole (Titanfall/Infamous/Ghosts/South Park,etc.) take a $5 fall each.

BEST POINT I CAN MAKE: Use this time on a Sunday morning to actually PLAY some games! That's what this debacle has lead me to :)

bread's done
Back