Best Buy trade-in deal: trade 6 games, get 1 new game up to $59.99

sonarrat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I spent my Sunday morning cleaning out the Eastridge CC of their (unmarked) clearance games, and after that went to dispose of them at the Gilroy BB. There I found out that they had a deal going: trade in 6 games (minimum trade-in value $5.00), and get a coupon for a free game up to $59.99. Limits: two coupons per customer, multiples of titles are OK up to the usual limit of 3 (or at least they were for my guy). Coupons are valid until 2/25/06. Unfortunately, this is in lieu of the trade-in value, not in addition to it, so don't load up on $30 games for this.

I walked in with 32 games, having spent a total of $110, and walked out with Dragon Quest VIII, an extra coupon for a free game, and $65 on my gift card.

[quote name='sonarrat']I spent my Sunday morning cleaning out the Eastridge CC of their (unmarked) clearance games, and after that went to dispose of them at the Gilroy BB. There I found out that they had a deal going: trade in 6 games (minimum trade-in value $5.00), and get a coupon for a free game up to $59.99. Limits: two coupons per customer, multiples of titles are OK up to the usual limit of 3 (or at least they were for my guy). Coupons are valid until 2/25/06.

I walked in with 32 games, having spent a total of $110, and walked out with Dragon Quest VIII, an extra coupon for a free game, and $65 on my gift card.[/QUOTE]

I wish my BB took trade-ins, that'd be sweet.

Wait, so it's trade in 6 games (with at least a value of $5) and get the coupon for a FREE GAME, on TOP of the store credit you get for trading them in?

[quote name='djkunai']Wait, so it's trade in 6 games (with at least a value of $5) and get the coupon for a FREE GAME, on TOP of the store credit you get for trading them in?[/QUOTE]

No, you get the coupon instead of the trade-in credit. It's tricky, but if you get lucky and use the CC clearance just right (like I did), you can trade in $20 worth of crap and get a coupon which would be good for anything all the way up to an Xbox 360 game. The reason why it's a bit tricky is because all the games have to be worth at least $5.00 in trade-in value.

[quote name='Vyrtigo']Using 12 cheap games for 2 360 games is pretty good, but the other 20 games only got you $65?[/QUOTE]

They were mostly old sports games. I should have left them on the shelf to rot.. or returned them. But oh well.

Dang - I won't be back in town until after this offer is over.

Hopefully, BB will do something like this again in the near future.

Geez, look up. Along the way you'll see the link.

It's a pretty sweet deal because you can use the list of games in that thread to find out what gives you that qualifying $5 and then go and get your free game.

I can see the stands at the Bes Buy in Gilroy overflowing with your "used" games. I've already seen a bunch of your stuff there. :) You might've seen mine there, too.

[quote name='baddtm']any BB in Illinois doing this?[/QUOTE]
Stores that are doing trade-ins:
Bloomingdale, IL Store 304
Countryside, IL Store 324
Joliet, IL Store 307
Orland Park, IL Store 308

Taken from the trade-in thread. Here are the stores that accept trades in Illinois.

bread's done
Back