Best Buy Trade-In Program - Online option

It has. The TIVs are so terrible that it faded real quick. I looked up some stuff just now and its still bad. No promos either :(

[quote name='Magikarp830']Bad? The TIV isn't half as bad as GS!!! Depending on the game, you can get more or less.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I looked up a few titles such as Halo 3 and its +/- $1-3 dollars most of the time. Its good for those that want BB credit, just another option. Should note the Online option in the title.

these trade in values are higher than amazon and gamestop. If you have less than $60 of games to trade in and dont care where you're getting the credit, I would say Best buy is the better choice right now.

I traded in my original Xbox with two controllers, a game, and component cables and got an estimate for $54. That's probably the most I would have received.

Hmmm..80 bucks for my PSP on Best Buy...wonder what it would fetch at GS...I doubt as much!

Crap! nvm, mine is Modded :( thats a burn for me. Duh me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Their TIVs might be a bit better but that little extra you make will be lost due to BB games being generally more expensive than Amazon's.

I traded in some old beat up laptops back when someone posted about this a few weeks ago. Got decent value for them considering they were in horrible cosmetic condition. It took about 2 weeks to get the gift card, overall decent experience...they even gave me more money then my estimates because i mistakenly marked the comps had cdr's instead of dvdr drives.

[quote name='Aysion']Their TIVs might be a bit better but that little extra you make will be lost due to BB games being generally more expensive than Amazon's.[/QUOTE]

QFT

Not only does amazon have better bonuses and promotions (ECA, lower average price, gold box, trade in specials) they have release day shipping and Amazon Black Friday destroys BB from the comfort of your home. I really see no reason to send trades Best Buy.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']uhhh, why is mario kart worth more without the wheel?[/QUOTE]

Wheel takes up space.... but good lord only 14 for Mario Kart Wii but 15 for Mario Kart DS!

Do they sell these traded in games only in certain areas? Cause I got to at least 3 different BB and have never seen any used games for sale. Im in Philly so I guess they dont do it around here.

And am I the only one noticing that all the TIV give less for the SE, CE and whatnot? I understand space, but youd think the collectors are worth at least the same as the regular game. Shit if thats how they do it, ill just keep the swag and send in the game only. Most CE/SEs are just packaging around the regular editions of the games anyway.

$19 for a gamecube...I think Gamestop only offers $10 nowadays, despite offering $7 just for a single controller.

btw, Gamestop (depending on the model of psp) the trade in is only like 35/40 bucks...

and on top of that they would never know if it was modded or not.

unless u have to turn it on a funky way

Just be aware guys that if you're trading in anything else besides a game (iPod, old cell phone, etc.) that this service kinda sucks.

I traded in an old iPod that was mint, only to have it be downgraded to "fair". I questioned them on why it got downgraded so drastically and they simply responded that there were a few "hairline" scratches on the BACK of the unit. This downgrade took my value down by $18.

I don't think any "item" will receive a value other than "fair" by this service.

[quote name='tylerdurden689']Just be aware guys that if you're trading in anything else besides a game (iPod, old cell phone, etc.) that this service kinda sucks.

I traded in an old iPod that was mint, only to have it be downgraded to "fair". I questioned them on why it got downgraded so drastically and they simply responded that there were a few "hairline" scratches on the BACK of the unit. This downgrade took my value down by $18.

I don't think any "item" will receive a value other than "fair" by this service.[/QUOTE]

QFT I traded an old digital camera and the gift card I recieved was much less than quoted.

bread's done
Back