Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that 4/$20 promo isn't limit one. I have a few groups of 4 that I would like to trade in.

Surprised people aren't talking about this promo, it's pretty awesome and much better than gamestop's 3/$10 promo. $5 bonus on $5 TIV games is awesome.

[quote name='jer7583']I hope that 4/$20 promo isn't limit one. I have a few groups of 4 that I would like to trade in.

Surprised people aren't talking about this promo, it's pretty awesome and much better than gamestop's 3/$10 promo. $5 bonus on $5 TIV games is awesome.[/QUOTE]

i think gamestop usually has a $2 min value for trades which makes it easier to work with

[quote name='Japakneez']i think gamestop usually has a $2 min value for trades which makes it easier to work with[/QUOTE]

^^^ this. $5-$8 TiV games seem to be a dead zone in my researching with only a few gems for used games that are more obscure. Could also be that there aren't any great sales going on at other stores to coincide it with also.

[quote name='mgford11']So the math on that is;
*Any game above $9 benefits from the 2k12/rage 60% bonus ($5.40 and up vs flat $5)
*Any game below $9 ($8) benefits from the 4/$20 bonus ($5 vs $3-$4.80)[/QUOTE]

$5 to $10 is the range where the 4/$20 is better. $10 and upwards is the range where 50% bonus is better. They are exactly the same at $10.

[quote name='Toss']It's pretty good for blockbuster b1g1 left overs.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I have a set of 4 I'm bringing in that are from there. It's not stuff I intended to trade in, but stuff I just have sitting around and decided I wouldn't have any use for. A lot of the games from there are right in that $5-$9 range.

I do still have some stuff for the 40% bonus though - guess I need to get in there soon for that.

[quote name='io']Bingo. I have a set of 4 I'm bringing in that are from there. It's not stuff I intended to trade in, but stuff I just have sitting around and decided I wouldn't have any use for. A lot of the games from there are right in that $5-$9 range.

I do still have some stuff for the 40% bonus though - guess I need to get in there soon for that.[/QUOTE]

Same I have 3 games I ran through quickly that I got from BBV, but need to snag a 4th. But from a flipping standpoint this seems like a tougher than normal promo. Because to maximize profit you are probably going to have games bordering the $5 TiV mark and if they drop below it it's a massive hit in profit. I think that's why it hasn't been talked about a ton.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Same I have 3 games I ran through quickly that I got from BBV, but need to snag a 4th. But from a flipping standpoint this seems like a tougher than normal promo. Because to maximize profit you are probably going to have games bordering the $5 TiV mark and if they drop below it it's a massive hit in profit. I think that's why it hasn't been talked about a ton.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it isn't the free money bonanza that people were hoping for (being able to trade 99 cent PS2 games for $6 each ;)) but it is still good for mid-range stuff you have laying around - which is probably more their intention.

Personally I'm glad not to be tempted to flip so much.

I did get a few games in today and will package those up with my last 2 PS2 games and do the trade 3 get 30% promo one last time either today or tomorrow. Then I'll have to return Sunday to do the $20 deal on one set - then I think I'm done for a while...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']^^^ this. $5-$8 TiV games seem to be a dead zone in my researching with only a few gems for used games that are more obscure. Could also be that there aren't any great sales going on at other stores to coincide it with also.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's an hour of my life I could take back :) Found like 1 game per 100 games I put into the search. Skipping this sale unless somebody does more legwork and posts it at SD :)

[quote name='Jimmienoman']They tried to pull the state law thing on me after a horrible trade in wait. It pushed me over the edge as a manager said she would be happy to take them all, but state law prohibits since they are considered a pawn shop.

So while they were botching up my return I just brought up the state pawn ordinances and asked them to show me where it said that. I then said she could deny my trade ins for any reason if she chose. Then stated it's BBY policy of 1 per title per day. So called corporate and 1 hour after closing I finally got it done.

I didn't care if she denied my trade but making up false reasons why after botching up a bunch of other stuff just put me over the edge that night. All she had to do was tell me that they have the right to refuse and while I would be annoyed I would have to take it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah im back in here because the the rep forgot to trade 3 of my games which was 67 and some change.so bb calls me last nite to let me know this.i come back today to take care of it and get my 10 % from last nites trade...long story I have to wait next week to get the 57 sent out or whatever. No biggie just the most incomplete expience for me but its! all good.i think the state law stuff is bs but whatever...cnt wait til rage! At least I get to combine my gictcards

Just got back from BB and finally decided to sign up for Unlocked. There was a different guy at the trade-in kiosk but he was easily one of the most knowledgeable people in their game department. He was very thorough, made sure it was connected to the right RZ account and made sure I got my extra 10% bonus with my trade-in. Seeing some of the problems others have had, I'm just glad it went smoothly.

if you just have to flip and got plenty of GS credit. here are the best i could come up with

two worlds 2 ps3
bioshock 2 xbox
pure fulbal ps3
wii games
dragon quest swords
batallion wars 2
maimim racing gp classic and drag and stock
redneck racing
sushi go round
secret files : tunguska
storybook workshop

most are about 30% profit if you have powerup rewards and games club unlocked

[quote name='Ramandur']if you just have to flip and got plenty of GS credit. here are the best i could come up with

two worlds 2 ps3
bioshock 2 xbox
pure fulbal ps3
wii games
dragon quest swords
batallion wars 2
redneck racing
sushi go round
storybook workshop

most are about 30% profit if you have powerup rewards and games club unlocked[/QUOTE]

how about from best buy/amazon TO gamestop
(i know you're thinking why in the world i'd want gamestop credit but i have a b2g1 coupon)

so, if I go in there with 3 copies of the same game, and another title will the give me 4 for 20 deal? Or will they look at me all crazy and refuse?

[quote name='akuma77']how about from best buy/amazon TO gamestop
(i know you're thinking why in the world i'd want gamestop credit but i have a b2g1 coupon)[/QUOTE]

i have the same problem. there trade in values lag behind so i never end up trading there. if you have plenty of credit with best buy might buy one of the prepaid visas and eat the 6 dollar fee.

Just got back from bb and their trade in rep said they would be doing the 40% towards a pre-order for the rest of the year. He also said that if I came in sometime in October he could erase my trade in history so that I could move more ps2 games from gamestop to convert gamestop credit to best buy credit.

[quote name='KtMack23']Just got back from bb and their trade in rep said they would be doing the 40% towards a pre-order for the rest of the year. He also said that if I came in sometime in October he could erase my trade in history so that I could move more ps2 games from gamestop to convert gamestop credit to best buy credit.[/QUOTE]

i feel like i'ma get banned at the rate i cancel pre-orders >.>

[quote name='cjtiger300']so, if I go in there with 3 copies of the same game, and another title will the give me 4 for 20 deal? Or will they look at me all crazy and refuse?[/QUOTE]

You're technically under their guidelines, but they can refuse any trade for any reason. Majority of the time you will be perfectly fine trading in 3. Once in a while they will say no due to ignorance, stubbornness or powertripped employee/manager.

I have been denied 3x for multiples. It's their right. Once they kept telling me lies about trade in laws as they are a pawn shop, then that it was their policy etc. Normally I keep my head down and am easy going, but this time they pissed me off way too much. So I fought it and they made it right (although the cops were called on me for suspicion of stolen games). Though that was a long horrible story and out of the 50+ other times I have traded in, it's gone smooth and very easy.

BTW those that read my story in the other thread, the manager is still there. In fact she moved the cashier over to check me out at the midnight release of GoW3. She was very kind this time and apologized immensely for the past. Gave me a story about she had a bad day etc and took it way too serious that night. She even stated that she was happy that corporate helped with a GC for her actions, as I shouldn't have had to go through that. Overall it felt sincere and I really don't hold it against her as everyone has those days.

So a good ending to a bad story.

[quote name='Ramandur']if you just have to flip and got plenty of GS credit. here are the best i could come up with

two worlds 2 ps3
bioshock 2 xbox
pure fulbal ps3
wii games
dragon quest swords
batallion wars 2
redneck racing
sushi go round
storybook workshop

most are about 30% profit if you have powerup rewards and games club unlocked[/QUOTE]

uh, it might be best to wait until at least Sunday to post, BB changes prices daily...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You're technically under their guidelines, but they can refuse any trade for any reason. Majority of the time you will be perfectly fine trading in 3. Once in a while they will say no due to ignorance, stubbornness or powertripped employee/manager.

I have been denied 3x for multiples. It's their right. Once they kept telling me lies about trade in laws as they are a pawn shop, then that it was their policy etc. Normally I keep my head down and am easy going, but this time they pissed me off way too much. So I fought it and they made it right (although the cops were called on me for suspicion of stolen games). Though that was a long horrible story and out of the 50+ other times I have traded in, it's gone smooth and very easy.

BTW those that read my story in the other thread, the manager is still there. In fact she moved the cashier over to check me out at the midnight release of GoW3. She was very kind this time and apologized immensely for the past. Gave me a story about she had a bad day etc and took it way too serious that night. She even stated that she was happy that corporate helped with a GC for her actions, as I shouldn't have had to go through that. Overall it felt sincere and I really don't hold it against her as everyone has those days.

So a good ending to a bad story.[/QUOTE]

wow! good for you! what happened was just crazy....

Went in yesterday to trade in some games. The girl at customer service gave me the extra 10% for the Unlocked thing, but I never signed up or paid for it. So pretty awesome if I got it signed up for free. Even if not and just that one time it was an extra $6 or 7. She also gave me the 50% bonus with out preordering Rage because she remembered me from the last few times I've been in there trading in games. Is that bad when the best buy employees remember you because you are in there too much? I think my wife would say yes.

[quote name='thejnc']Went in yesterday to trade in some games. The girl at customer service gave me the extra 10% for the Unlocked thing, but I never signed up or paid for it. So pretty awesome if I got it signed up for free. Even if not and just that one time it was an extra $6 or 7. She also gave me the 50% bonus with out preordering Rage because she remembered me from the last few times I've been in there trading in games. Is that bad when the best buy employees remember you because you are in there too much? I think my wife would say yes.[/QUOTE]

No it's good. The more they know you, the more they think of you as a returning customer (you know the type they want to keep at their store). I have 4 BBY close to me. I use 2 for flipping specifically in which i keep my head down and draw no attention to myself and the other 2 for buying/PMing along with flipping small amounts of games.

At the latter store I am as personable as can be. Multiple times they said that they allowed the PM just because they knew I would be in later to trade it back in or spend the money on something else. So I would say that them knowing you is a great thing.

Ugh. My normal go-to store just refused my disc-only trade ins and I don't want to hold onto them for a future pre-order (picked up about 7 PS2 games for $7 that almost all trade for $2, so with the 60% bonus it's a nice little addition to the trade-in I was already planning to do). Got the new guy in the trade-in department who didn't know you could do disc only and the GM said no. So now I'm debating going to the store I can't stand, or printing off the post from corporate on the Best Buy forums stating they accept disc-only going back and shoving it in his face. Wasting time and gas by not knowing his own damn store's procedures (and not looking it up when he didn't know).

Update, okay guys. Got some possibly bad news. I just got off the phone with someone from corporate, and according to them, they no longer take disc-only games. At first he said thought they did and then after a moment of inquiring he said that they don't. I even specifically asked, "So the policy has changed in the last 30 days." to which he responded, "Yes, unfortunately."

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Update, okay guys. Got some possibly bad news. I just got off the phone with someone from corporate, and according to them, they no longer take disc-only games. At first he said thought they did and then after a moment of inquiring he said that they don't. I even specifically asked, "So the policy has changed in the last 30 days." to which he responded, "Yes, unfortunately."[/QUOTE]

i just flipped 3 homefronts with no case (i kept the cases for personal use)
like 2 days ago.
sounds like u just have a prude bb store

trade in 2 copies of two worlds 2 and 2 copies of red faction. Yesterday I pre-order RAge and the stupid BBY employee wouldn't give me the 50% bonus unless i pre-order again. I even show his dumbass the reciept. Guy is such a douche that i told him to use the balance on giftcard and was told "acording to BBY policy, the giftcard cannot be use for the pre-order to get the bonus and I cannot hand you your giftcard until you pay for the pre-order." DumbEFFinAss.

This is why i hat BBY so much. just b/c of this, going back tomorrow to return the stupid pre-orders.

Not to mention, took him over 30 min to trade in 4 games.

[quote name='akuma77']i just flipped 3 homefronts with no case (i kept the cases for personal use)
like 2 days ago.
sounds like u just have a prude bb store[/QUOTE]

I've done it in the past as well, to this very store.

I've been told no to disc-only trade-ins by a store GM and a Best Buy corporate rep on the phone today. This policy change, if it exists, would had to of been very recent. I've posted something on the Best Buy forums asking for clarification, especially since the rep on the phone was mistaken about something else (initially claimed that you would get a lower value for a game that was disc-only).

Any of our regulars to the thread who are also Best Buy employees confirm or deny an official change in policy or have I just gotten two idiots in a row?

Well, if they really sit on games for 30 days before mailing them back, it should be right about now that they are buried in ps2 games. I wish I had done more (I did 8 of the ps2 games) now looking back on it. In the end, it probably is not a bad thing to stop giving out money for worthless games though.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Update, okay guys. Got some possibly bad news. I just got off the phone with someone from corporate, and according to them, they no longer take disc-only games. At first he said thought they did and then after a moment of inquiring he said that they don't. I even specifically asked, "So the policy has changed in the last 30 days." to which he responded, "Yes, unfortunately."[/QUOTE]

hmmm if this is true for ds games, they will have a harder time building inventory..........

I did a trade about 2 hours ago that included 2 disc only games. I have the double case with Pure and Lego Batman that was trading in for $3.

I checked their value separate and Pure is $2.00 and Batman is $4.00. I wasn't going to take $3 when I could have $6.00, so I traded disc only.

Funny thing was the guy saw the lower for the combo and asked if that was why I didn't bring the case. I go there a lot and wasn't worried about them denying my trade, so I told him yeah.

Yeah, I'm honestly hoping and kind of expecting that the manager was dumb and that the corporate rep had bad info but unfortunately the manager in the video game department at the store I like won't be working till next week.

Still debating my plans for tonight, but need to get moving since it is already 7.

[quote name='donut']uh, it might be best to wait until at least Sunday to post, BB changes prices daily...[/QUOTE]

yeah. but planning is good. if people dont verify current values on sunday then thats their own fault.

[quote name='karyadi']If I go tomorrow to trade-in, do I still get the bonus of 50%?[/QUOTE]

use your bonus to buy a calender. end date is posted in thread title

[quote name='Ramandur']yeah. but planning is good. if people dont verify current values on sunday then thats their own fault.[/QUOTE]

nooooo I'm researching just like you but see no reason to give BB info to lower TIVs! :wall:

I'm just clarifying on if it's the last day to do it on that date or if it ends on that date, was never to sure about this. Btw, thanks for still leaving me in confusion. Yep, thanks a lot.

[quote name='karyadi']I'm just clarifying on if it's the last day to do it on that date or if it ends on that date, was never to sure about this. Btw, thanks for still leaving me in confusion. Yep, thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

Ads run Sunday to Saturday; this promotion, and similar ones like it, run in the same duration.

So I moved $70 from Gamestop to $90 at Best Buy with 2 ps3 and 2 360 copies of Two worlds II. Best buy is really happy to hear that you're moving credit over from GS. I'll tell them that more often lol

They refused to give me the 50% saying that the deal is only for an extra 40%. When I argued, she said I can just take my business elsewhere if need be. First time I've had any trouble.

[quote name='brauma']They refused to give me the 50% saying that the deal is only for an extra 40%. When I argued, she said I can just take my business elsewhere if need be. First time I've had any trouble.[/QUOTE]

Where you pre ordering rage or NBA 2k12?

good day today. flipped 2/per title per platform rfa and tw2. woot.
also platted both gow origins and flipped that back for 33, bout $2 more then i paid for it. woot

[quote name='Ramandur']use your bonus to buy a calender. end date is posted in thread title[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause:

Classic. Thank you for putting a smile on my face.

Now onto MY BB trade-in nonsense story for tonight.

I went in to use my Hunted/Brink coupon from this month to get another copy for $10(to trade to BBV for $19;)), so while there I check the :ds: section.

Lo and behold they have Transformers: Dark Of The Moon(Autobots version) in stock. It's $10 this week. So I pick that and Hunted up, go out to the car and take out TF: DOTM to bring back in to trade(gets $14 before any bonuses:lol:) cart only.

So I'm bsing with the trade rep and I keep saying I want to put $5 down on RAGE in a pre-order.

Long story short, my GCU status is still NOT updated AND to top it off I didn't get the $7 bonus. Then again, I didn't really press the 50% promo or my 10% GCU bonus.

So in the end he had to take my name and number and the head gaming rep is supposed to call me tomorrow regarding getting me the $8.40 I'm owed for the trade in of TF: DOTM.:roll:

This is the first time I've missed out on a trade bonus or even the 10% bump since I started trading to BB. Hopefully this gets rectified tomorrow without much of a hassle.;)

[quote name='KtMack23']Where you pre ordering rage or NBA 2k12?[/QUOTE]

I already had Rage preordered and offered to preorder NBA 2k12 if they wouldn't accept the Rage preorder. Either way, I felt like i got screwed.

i totally forgot to look for transformers. oh well. i could have got another hunted but totally forgot bbv had a good tiv on it. oh wellz.

fuck. Went into BB to price adjust my kindle tonight and when I got home I remembered I forgot to use my last 3 coupons to get brink or hunted. I guess I can do it tomorrow, but meh.

[quote name='brauma']They refused to give me the 50% saying that the deal is only for an extra 40%. When I argued, she said I can just take my business elsewhere if need be. First time I've had any trouble.[/QUOTE]

Same thing almost happened to me. I told him I wanted to pre-order Rage, here are the games I wanted to trade in, and I understand there's a bonus if I do this. And he says, yup, 40% extra. I looked him in the eye and said straight up, you mean 50%, that's what it says on your website. He holds my gaze for a sec, then pretends to look at his screen, and goes oh yeah 50%. :booty:

Traded some games too tonight as well for really good values. I was worried because the employee who ended up helping me was from the customer service department, and she didn't really know how to add the bonus %. She told me to just bare with her which I did. Thankfully everything went through just fine, and she even managed to correct my status to gamers unlocked.

[quote name='CaseX']Same thing almost happened to me. I told him I wanted to pre-order Rage, here are the games I wanted to trade in, and I understand there's a bonus if I do this. And he says, yup, 40% extra. I looked him in the eye and said straight up, you mean 50%, that's what it says on your website. He holds my gaze for a sec, then pretends to look at his screen, and goes oh yeah 50%. :booty:[/QUOTE]
I always grab a weekly ad on my way in the door to shove in their face if they want to play dumb.

bread's done
Back