Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of cool BB clerks, 2 weeks ago I was in BB trading in a couple of games. WE got to talking to the clerk about all of the new game releases coming out. Before he did my trade-ins he asked me if I knew about the extra 40% in trade value for pre-ordering a game. I told him that I already had MW3 pre-ordered at Amazon, but that I might consider doing a pre-order of another game at BB in the future. He scans my game to trade-in and says "I'll go ahead and give you the extra 40% anyway because I see you in here and no you're a gamer". It does pay to talk it up with the clerks, even if you are literally just making conversation. In my case I had no clue about the extra trade-in value and got it without having to do anything

[quote name='Japakneez']Listen to musicjunkie. Nothing wrong with the truth. My local stores know me and my game. My trades are silky smooth. They tell me about upcoming deals and other tips. I got the Dark Souls CE held for me while everyone else with a pre-order missed out. All because I have a good relationship with my stores :cool:[/QUOTE]
Seriously. I bet anything if you said exactly what you were doing 'B2G2 PS2 games at GS' or 'B2G1 at TRU' they would be more than happy to convert those games into Bestbuy money for you.

In all honestly the sealed thing will probably set off a red flag but just having 3 of the same game should never be a problem. If it gets heated with a manager just tell there was a deal at store X and it got you more money for trade-in at bestbuy. Shouldn't have to be any more complex than that. When you start making shit up that's when you're asking for trouble. There is fine print everywhere so you can't be too surprised if a trade-in is refused.

[quote name='ceve2001']Most of the time I trade in 3 of the same game. I never get any bad looks, but I've made it a point to get to know the employee's in the gaming department, so it's easy going back. Sometimes I'd get ask why I have so many, but they don't make a big deal out of it. Other times they'd have to just ask the manager for approval, but THANKFULLY the managers at my BB are on top of things.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. If you act shady and almost as if you're trying to get rid of the games ASAP someone might suspect. There was one night about 30min before close where two dudes came and took about 5 steps into the store and just yelled toward me 'yo I need an iPod'. Didn't want anything with it. Didn't want to tell me who it was for (Just trying to make conversation). So I get to the cage they are locked up in an his buddy all of a sudden comes up and wants to grab one too. They paid with pre-paid visas and basically were rushing me to get the fuck out of there. Well the Walmart is right across the street and I've been told its common practice for people to steal credit cards, buy pre-paid visas at Walmart, spend it on a big name item (ipod or something) and sell it on CL for cash.

Was not able to get the TRU B2B1 PM at my local BB. Guess it is off to TRU this week
On that note, being able to buy new-release games for $30 sure has its perks. I was able to purchase a new HP laptop with the extra trade in credit this weekend

While I was trading in some TRU sale games, a guy came up and asked about trading in some game that was still sealed. The 2 clerks told him he has to open it before bringing it in because "it could be stolen if it is sealed". So, yes, it does raise suspicions and could get your trades denied.

I try not to trade more than 2 of any game at once. If I have 3, I just bring the third one in the next time with other games.

The clerk tonight kept commenting on how the games looked brand new. I told him they were from the TRU sale and his biggest concern was that he had to work and couldn't go buy some and trade them himself.

Traded Red Faction:Armageddon, Dead Rising 2, Two Worlds II, Dragon Age 2, and Castlevania:LoS for $100.50 after 40% +10% for picking up Batman:AC today. I think I have traded Two Worlds 5 times, DR2 6 times, and Dragon Age 2 4 times since these promos started. I have never really bought them to flip but I keep finding them cheap and their TIV have remained attractive so I just do it every time I go to BB to buy something. I mean to play them but I never get to it. Eventually I will buy them to play :)

[quote name='iRandom']Was not able to get the TRU B2B1 PM at my local BB.[/QUOTE]

I was denied a pm on the sale when picking up my Batman preorder at the CS desk, but later the gaming supervisor said he could do it for me. I did not want to try a return/rebuy and chance messing up the buy 5 deal so luckily I found another game to make 3. It still took a while for it to get approved though and almost didn't work.

Buy 2 get 1 type of sales are always YMMV for price matching, anywhere.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I remember trading in 3 copies of PS Move Heroes (When it was still near its peak value). The guy kept asking me "Is there a reason why you are trading in 3 copies of the same game?"

Had no idea what to say

[quote name='spatenfloot']I was denied a pm on the sale when picking up my Batman preorder at the CS desk, but later the gaming supervisor said he could do it for me. I did not want to try a return/rebuy and chance messing up the buy 5 deal so luckily I found another game to make 3. It still took a while for it to get approved though and almost didn't work.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I'll come back in a few days to trade in more games.
BTW

Singularity xbox 360 $13 at Amazon from the AWD thanks to cancerman
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...U53NWQ&qid=1318979455&sr=1-479&condition=used

TIV base value is $11
50% TIV for MW3 pre-order + 10% TIV Unlock bonus adds an additional $6.6 which totals to $17.6 which is a $4.6 profit

Another idea for finding what a TIV for a game is in store is to leave the games in your car, walk to the pc department and go to the bestbuy website and check the TIV's. Then you can walk out and decide if it is worth it to trade the games back in or return them to the store you bought them.

I took my 4 pre-orders slip of batman to the CS counter. I was trying to get them to match K-mart deal or at least TRU buy 2 get 1 free. I even told them I'm picking up 4 and if they don't match, I'll just return it. They denied me anyways. :lol:

[quote name='musicjunkie']
It's been said before but flipping is a dangerous game. Gamefly taking one extra day to ship your games can mean maybe breaking even instead of a 200% profit or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and breaking even is basically a loss since you've spent time and gas doing the trade and you've also exchanged money for credit.

If you're having Best Buy problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but trade ins ain't one.

Seriously all 3 of the gaming department people know me and know I'm a flipper. Heck, so do two of the managers, one of them even offered me a job because I knew so much about tablets. I've only not traded in 3 copies of a game once (the 4 for $20 deal) and I've never gotten a strange look lol.

[quote name='DerClaw']I think it freaks some people out and it increases the chances of having problems, such that the "benefit" of being able to return them is outweighed by the fact that they might chose to "any reason" you and refuse to take the games because they are sealed. So you are increasing your % chance of needing to return the games anyway.

It's allowed, so if people want to do it, then go ahead, I just think that people are making it harder on themselves, unless they have a store where they know the manager is on board with sealed trade ins.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts... No chance in hell i'ma bring in seal copies of a game and then be accuse of stealing. the embarrassment is not worth it. And unless your trading in more than 3 copies, why worry that they will reject your trade in.

Look what i started on the thread with the my newb mistake on my first flip. I even had the TRU receipt with me. Good thing the manager was cool about it.

My experience:
So I just came back from Best Buy Store 528 (Stockton, CA)

Tried to do a flip.

3 x J D 3
3 x MX
3 x MJ: E
2 DS games

Got to the trading station and an employee had to call someone to do a trade in. Called 3 times and finally someone named Ana came over.

Once she looked at my games she said that she wouldn't accept them. I said why not? She said that mulitples of the same game and platform are flagged in the system. She kept on refering to the policy "Limit: We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer ". and since MX and MJ were on the same platform and more than 3 she wouldn't accept any of them.

I told Ana she wasn't making any sense. That I traded multiple games in the past and had no issue. They get my info, fingerprint, picture for every trade in. "What if someone tried to trade in 6 different games on PS3??? you wont accept them cause there are more than 3 on the same platform? She was like "Uhhhhhhh no." and referred to that policy again.

then she says well im the Gaming Supervisor. So I knew it wasn't gonna happen and just took my games and left. I guess I try again tomorrow when ANA the Gaming Supervisor isn't there.

Rant over!

Kind of Hilarious now that I think back on it.

[quote name='ewiz06']Speaking of cool BB clerks, 2 weeks ago I was in BB trading in a couple of games. WE got to talking to the clerk about all of the new game releases coming out. Before he did my trade-ins he asked me if I knew about the extra 40% in trade value for pre-ordering a game. I told him that I already had MW3 pre-ordered at Amazon, but that I might consider doing a pre-order of another game at BB in the future. He scans my game to trade-in and says "I'll go ahead and give you the extra 40% anyway because I see you in here and no you're a gamer". It does pay to talk it up with the clerks, even if you are literally just making conversation. In my case I had no clue about the extra trade-in value and got it without having to do anything[/QUOTE]

the guy that was helping me offered the same help, except the system denied him. i wanted bf3 just not at best buy,(i have amazon credit) but i had to preorder. 5 bucks no deal.
anyone know or expect rage to retain its trade in value a while? i want to pass it and preorder mw3

ran into a bb employee today that lied to me about the 40% bonus when purchasing batman. he refused to give it to me because he said i had already traded in items while preordering batman and got the 50% bonus. He goes on to say he can get me the bonus from pre ordering bf 3 or call of duty.

anyone else run into anything like this?

[quote name='sirdudeoi']ran into a bb employee today that lied to me about the 40% bonus when purchasing batman. he refused to give it to me because he said i had already traded in items while preordering batman and got the 50% bonus. He goes on to say he can get me the bonus from pre ordering bf 3 or call of duty.

anyone else run into anything like this?[/QUOTE]

I got a lengthy lecture about canceling pre-orders today. I guess I made and canceled too many. He wasn't going to give it to me but he decided to give me one last chance. What a douchebag but I suppose that is what happens when I am about the only person to trade into this store. I can just eat the $5 or just cancel them a couple of weeks after the game comes when I am pretty sure they aren't good anymore anyways.

[quote name='wakkoviper']My experience:

Tried to do a flip.

3 x J D 3
3 x MX
2 DS games

Got to the trading station and an employee had to call someone to do a trade in. Called 3 times and finally someone named Ana came over.

Once she looked at my games she said that she wouldn't accept them. I said why not? She said that mulitples of the same game and platform are flagged in the system. She kept on refering to the policy "Limit: We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer ". and since MX and MJ were on the same platform and more than 3 she wouldn't accept any of them.

I told Ana she wasn't making any sense. That I traded multiple games in the past and had no issue. They get my info, fingerprint, picture for every trade in. "What if someone tried to trade in 6 different games on PS3??? you wont accept them cause there are more than 3 on the same platform? She was like "Uhhhhhhh no." and referred to that policy again.

then she says well im the Gaming Supervisor. So I knew it wasn't gonna happen and just took my games and left. I guess I try again tomorrow when ANA the Gaming Supervisor isn't there.

Rant over!

Kind of Hilarious now that I think back on it.[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair she did have the right to deny you the trade. If I was put in her shoes I would've denied you the trade in as well for making it so obvious.

My Best Buy should thank me for all the work I do for them for FREE. The Gaming Section people say I'm the only one doing trade-ins on a regular basis and have bumped them up to 4th in the district. I've told customers about trade in deals they didn't know about. Hell I play some demos with other customers and get them all excited about the games. One guy bought Forza 4 after getting him to try the demo.

Wow the utter lack of common sense in this thread is baffling. Unless you know for a fact that the employee tells you they don't care about trading in that many at once, you should practice a lot more discretion. The minute the employee puts you on their shit list, in my opinion is not worth the hassle and embarassment of just coming back to do trade ins. It just eliminates one more place that I can trade in games.

[quote name='wakkoviper']My experience:

Tried to do a flip.

3 x J D 3
3 x MX
2 DS games

Rant over!

Kind of Hilarious now that I think back on it.[/QUOTE]

Trading three copys of three differint games is Sure keeping a low profile huh :) you should have split them up and flipped them at differint bestbuys. If more people do what you were trying to do then corporate will start nuking tiv's

I usually DO spread my games around if i had more than one copy. But it was about 15 minutes before closing, and i had a hunch the value was gonna drop overnight. (And it did, by more than 50%)

[quote name='dgwillia006']I usually DO spread my games around if i had more than one copy. But it was about 15 minutes before closing, and i had a hunch the value was gonna drop overnight. (And it did, by more than 50%)[/QUOTE]

What games tiv dropped ?

[quote name='dgwillia006']It was back when all those PS Move games were 9.99$ at Gamestop. And were still trading for almost 22$ at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

And that only lasted for a day I think
Wasn't even quick enough for me to get in on the frenzy. I was still trying to convert HDMIs into GS credit at the time

Forza 4 = 29 ---> 26
Gears 29 --->26
Dark Souls 29 ---> 26

Think ToysRUs 2 get 1 sale has effected these?

Serioulsy? Batman Arkham City only has a trade value of $25?

[quote name='stuntrogue']Mx vs atv drop too..

I though BB only change TIV on Tuesday and Sat ...

I guess they are getting smart now...[/QUOTE]

for the most part yeah. but they have in the past changed TIVs at random times of the week. for example, they dropped the TIV of Move Heroes the day Gamestop started their Move Sale.

ha! I was waiting to save up games before I flip so I don't waste a $5 pre-order, =( now they dropped and I lost $15 in profit. hahaha.. definitely trading in tomorrow.

lol that red faction TIV is die hard!! Considering it was on sale @ GF twice, it's still standing at $17. I was actually hoping it'd drop so I'd change my mind about trading it, but off it goes tomorrow.

Btw, Arkham city is up, and it's only $25.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Either make up a really good excuse or a really off the wall one.

Luckily my best excuse is true usually true. Me and friends have LAN parties and I am the runner to pick up the games. I also buy back some from the lazier friends for BBY base TiV. I also get other perks like they throw in to get my game for me and I have a ton of GS points.

Well with the above my local GS and BBY are used to me walking in and buying 10+ games at times. Also used to me coming in with 3 trade ins at a time. It's funny at times
Because 1 employee will ask why I'm trading in 3 or why I'm buying 5+ of a title and other employees will answer the question for me. Works well since the assumption is the LAN party now, even if I am just flipping.

Also I have used the excuse a fellow CAG here said. Just tell them you are doing an experiment. Usually catches them off guard. Once in a while they ask for more details. Then the fun starts. You can either go way out there by saying you wanted to test flight patterns with different anomalies in discs or w.e u want to make up.[/QUOTE]

Too funny...you guys remind me of high schoolers tryng to buy beer. "uh, I forgot my wallet at home...um I mean in the car, I'll be right back."

[quote name='cg1407']Wait..I'm showing 16 each for MX vs ATV Alive PS3 and 360. Doesn't look like it dropped to me.[/QUOTE]

You must be looking in the wrong spot, it definitely dropped

Besty Buy Video Game Trade-In Value page. I've F5'ed it multiple times too and its showing 16. Not trying to mislead anyone, just confused why it shows 16 for me.

Weird..I clicked to do an online trade and then it pops up as 8. Sorry for the confusion everyone. Damn that sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBY trade in is a mess. It isn't worth it getting marked by the peoples at bby. So I hope there trade in program goes bad soon. Lol.

[quote name='Japakneez']Today will be a great thread day. Going to grab some popcorn...[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause: What I don't get is why folks would buy the games to flip, then wait till the next day or later in the week when they should know by now that tiv's drop all the time.:roll:

Oh and quick show of hands.....who here 'locked in' their games they intended to trade at BB B&M on the BB trade site? Just wondering, since it's been mentioned before that perhaps their system tracks numbers of X and Y game and once a certain limit is reached, then that's when the tiv's get nuked.

Can you still get the extra 40% towards Batman? End date shows as 10/22 on main page, but says pre-order. I see it says if you "order" on the BB website, but no dates.

[quote name='videodrone']Can you still get the extra 40% towards Batman? End date shows as 10/22 on main page, but says pre-order. I see it says if you "order" on the BB website, but no dates.[/QUOTE]
Yes. It was in the ad. Though if you plan to get either BF3 or MW3, you get an extra 50% (instead of 40%) if you preorder it.

[quote name='japakneez']Today will be a great thread day. Going to grab some popcorn... [/quote]
Agreed. It is a sad day as well as it looks like Best Buy is coming down on their great trades with Batman's starting price.

I am so glad I dished my legit copy of Just Dance 3 yesterday.

bread's done
Back