Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimmienoman']Your shape fitness for 360 is still a good flip from TRU. $20 at TRU $15 BBY TiV. With b2g1 it's 13.33+tax--->$24 with 50% and unlocked[/QUOTE]

Is this a clearance item? I can't find it on there website and hate to drive for a YMMV. Anyone confirm?

Batman at only $25 really isn't that bad. If you pre-order Battlefield or Call Of Duty MW3 - you get $37.50 without Unlocked. It varies but sometimes the value the first week is a lot lower than it is the second week based on if they haven't had any copies traded in and they want them.

[quote name='kingwormer']Is this a clearance item? I can't find it on there website and hate to drive for a YMMV. Anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a few yesterday

[quote name='Hellacious']Batman at only $25 really isn't that bad. If you pre-order Battlefield or Call Of Duty MW3 - you get $37.50 without Unlocked. It varies but sometimes the value the first week is a lot lower than it is the second week based on if they haven't had any copies traded in and they want them.[/QUOTE]
But $48 would be much better if the tiv were $30 like usual and you used the 50% pre-order promo and Unlocked.;) Every penny counts.:)

[quote name='kingwormer']Is this a clearance item? I can't find it on there website and hate to drive for a YMMV. Anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

No. It was $19.99 not $xx.x8. Just call the store. Not like it's a sought after game that will get snatched up if you tip off an employee.

Weird how they have been doing TiVs. A game that came out retail for $40 had a $29 TiV, but a game that is precrowned GOTY and retails for $60 has a $25 TiV....

I really doubt the people that run the trade in site know much about gaming and now I wonder if they just know basic business principals.

what makes BB trading great is the % bonus with pre-orders, after november, I imagine we won't see that many % bonus or at least not as often.

[quote name='kouleefoh']what makes BB trading great is the % bonus with pre-orders, after november, I imagine we won't see that many % bonus or at least not as often.[/QUOTE]
I predict they'll eventually do like Amazon/NorAm and just let the trade values stand on their own with no promos. Though if they do expect to compete against GS at a store level they NEED to keep doing the promos.

[quote name='DerClaw']The end is near.

The sky has fallen.

Crack open neighbors' skulls; feast on gooey innards.[/QUOTE]

8915e9a3db6594d12d403a9a16536fd3.png

[quote name='Hellacious']Batman at only $25 really isn't that bad. If you pre-order Battlefield or Call Of Duty MW3 - you get $37.50 without Unlocked. It varies but sometimes the value the first week is a lot lower than it is the second week based on if they haven't had any copies traded in and they want them.[/QUOTE]

Because Batman is a single player game, more ppl will trade it in, so I think 25$ is reasonable, especially when you consider BBY know that the in box DLC that adds value to the game is already gone.

[quote name='stoned99']Because Batman is a single player game, more ppl will trade it in, so I think 25$ is reasonable, especially when you consider BBY know that the in box DLC that adds value to the game is already gone.[/QUOTE]

or maybe they want to give the same base value as Gamestop.

[quote name='rey6eric']or maybe they want to give the same base value as Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but they seem to want to beat GS, so I doubt that.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I predict they'll eventually do like Amazon/NorAm and just let the trade values stand on their own with no promos. Though if they do expect to compete against GS at a store level they NEED to keep doing the promos.[/QUOTE]
I think with the B&M presence like GS that BB needs to have some sort of promo to compete. Even something as simple as trade 2/+25% would be nice to keep going and Unlocked bonus on top of that is still not too shabby post christmas season.

Maybe even a extra 50% trade-in if you put it toward a used game like GS? Assuming the variety gets a little better after xmas season. Word is stores should be receiving used games every 5 days or so. Would be about the 10th time they said 'oh yeah there was a major mess up so sorry there have been no used games for 6 weeks but now it should be less than a week for a shipment'.

[quote name='rey6eric']or maybe they want to give the same base value as Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

You can't just match the incumbent if you want to beat them.

[quote name='Daring']Throw in the towel. BBY trade in is dead thanks to peeps on this thread.[/QUOTE]

Daring, I don't want to call your comment dumb, but I'm kind of close to doing that. With the promos you will end up with a higher TIV than Amazon, Gamestop, Gazelle or TRU. So how is the BBY trade in "dead" exactly? That seems like a bit of an exaggeration doesn't it?

[quote name='chuckywang']You can't just match the incumbent if you want to beat them.[/QUOTE]

You can if you have better service and less hassle. ("You wanna preorder BF3? How about MW3? How about ME3? How about Gears 4? How about Batman Arkham Universe? How about Madden 13...")

Right now BBY has less hassle. They just need better service.

I despise this thread for ruining my TIV on some games at BB.

OTOH...

Some interesting discussion here regarding the future of this little project by BB. Having worked for a major corporation for some time, I can say that they do not take on these initiatives lightly and do not let them go easily. I guarantee there was a TON of market analysis and focus groups before this was launched and they decided to throw millions at this initiative. Building up a used inventory is no small feat from a $$$ perspective.

Careers are made/ruined by this type of commitment and the internal champs of this project will not go down without a fight. That said, if they do not start seeing some real trends towards profitability before the end of Q1 2012 BB might can this and stop throwing bad money at bad money. Everything is measured on a quarter by quarter basis in corp America. If before the end of the year we stop seeing these promos for bonus TIV for pre-ordering in combo with new games added to the 5 for $100 then something is up. Either it is because their inventory is built up, customers are actually BUYING their used games, and they are profitable. Or... the red numbers are getting too big and upper execs have put a hold on things for review.

My $0.02... Either way, Trade/flip while the trading is good my friends. This will not last forever.

[quote name='Schade']I despise this thread for ruining my TIV on some games at BB.

.[/QUOTE]

crazy amount of new posters now the TIVs have tanked...now do the thick headed members see what idiocy it is to post things here for lurkers?
If you don't ... so sad ...

oh never mind, it makes no difference :roll:

[quote name='donut']crazy amount of new posters now the TIVs have tanked...now do the thick headed members see what idiocy it is to post things here for lurkers?

oh never mind, it makes no difference :roll:[/QUOTE]

meh. beats a secret flipping club.

[quote name='donut']crazy amount of new posters now the TIVs have tanked...now do the thick headed members see what idiocy it is to post things here for lurkers?

My leader cm punk fully approves of this post and so do i

[quote name='strait edge follower']a "YOU MAD BRO ?" Post for confoosious comming in 3, 2, 1 .........[/QUOTE]

:roll: stop trying to stir shit up with me.

[quote name='Schade']I despise this thread for ruining my TIV on some games at BB.[/QUOTE]

Come on buddy do you really want us to respond to this?

When it comes to flipping, it's every man for himself.

[quote name='chuckywang']You can't just match the incumbent if you want to beat them.[/QUOTE]

If Best Buy and Gamestop have the exact same trade values I would take my games to Best Buy every time. Its much less of hassle plus you have the potential for price matches, gift card bonuses, or even using the credit on other things. Gamestop has none of those options. Best Buy just needs to get their act together in store by making the process run a little more smoothly. Hell at the Best Buy I go to, the trade in desk computer doesn't even have a mouse. They need to get their system to a simple scan and done type thing. Then educate the employee's on the actual policies so they get enforced correctly across the board. Best Buy is on the right path I think all things considered. Amazon could have been the same way but they gave up so hopefully Best Buy learns from their mistakes instead of giving up.

Traded in quite a few games for the first time at Best Buy, I asked to be signed up for the Unlock gamer thing (so I could get the extra 10%, and also preorder MW3 so 50%). She tried to do both, and gave me the 50% promo, but never applied $5 to MW3. She also tried to sign me up for the gamer club magazine, but she dident know how to do that either, but somehow I still got the UNLOCK bonus. My trade-ins went to $178, so I was very happy. I noticed I was never charged the $14.99 gamer fee or $5 for MW3. Very confusing process but I made out and got 4000 MS point card and $100 Amazon/Kindle Giftcard (They had to scan 12 different ones to find one that actually worked)

[quote name='confoosious']meh. beats a secret flipping club.[/QUOTE]
At least if the flips are kept off of this thread and the forum in general then we don't get nearly as many of the 'omg I was going to buy those games to PLAY:cry:' type of posts where they whine for 3 pages about how flippers kill deals, eat live puppies and cause cancer with their 'shady' tactics.
[quote name='Gamer4life88']How the heck is Red Fraction still at 17? Crazy.[/QUOTE]
Maybe not that many people are trading it in? Oh and it's Red FACTION, not Fraction.:booty:;) I've never understood how people can confuse the two words when they mean totally different things. But I guess it's like than and then being used in place of each other.

[quote name='noone13']If Best Buy and Gamestop have the exact same trade values I would take my games to Best Buy every time. Its much less of hassle plus you have the potential for price matches, gift card bonuses, or even using the credit on other things. Gamestop has none of those options. Best Buy just needs to get their act together in store by making the process run a little more smoothly. Hell at the Best Buy I go to, the trade in desk computer doesn't even have a mouse. They need to get their system to a simple scan and done type thing. Then educate the employee's on the actual policies so they get enforced correctly across the board. Best Buy is on the right path I think all things considered. Amazon could have been the same way but they gave up so hopefully Best Buy learns from their mistakes instead of giving up.[/QUOTE]

I still like to have GameStop credit though. I think GS has some advantages over BB. At least around here, there are many more GS than BB. My town has a local GS. So I think GS has the edge on convenient locations. Also, GS trade-in credit can be used to purchase GS merchandise tax-free. And thirdly, the reward program gives me points for buying with GS credit and trading in games. It's not much but $10 off is nice. I know it's cool to bash GameStop and I agree I do not like gutted new games and Pre-order sales pushing (althought I don't get that a lot) but competition is good and allows for video game arbitrage.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Maybe not that many people are trading it in? Oh and it's Red FACTION, not Fraction.:booty:;) I've never understood how people can confuse the two words when they mean totally different things. But I guess it's like than and then being used in place of each other.[/QUOTE]

Opps my mistake haha. Still kinda shocked that's its held for this long.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I still like to have GameStop credit though. I think GS has some advantages over BB. At least around here, there are many more GS than BB. My town has a local GS. So I think GS has the edge on convenient locations. Also, GS trade-in credit can be used to purchase GS merchandise tax-free. And thirdly, the reward program gives me points for buying with GS credit and trading in games. It's not much but $10 off is nice. I know it's cool to bash GameStop and I agree I do not like gutted new games and Pre-order sales pushing (althought I don't get that a lot) but competition is good and allows for video game arbitrage.[/QUOTE]

I agree it is nice to have multiple Gamestops and I am by no means bashing them. I keep a little GS credit but mostly for flips to Best Buy. Biggest thing to me is while Best Buy employees are generally clueless the GameStop employee's, at least around me, are just straight up assholes. Especially the manager at one particular store around me, he likes to make up rules like I can't buy more than one copy of a game etc. Then they tend to get all pissy because I rarely if ever pre-order anything.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Also, GS trade-in credit can be used to purchase GS merchandise tax-free.[/QUOTE]
I wish this were still true in PA, but the state started requiring GS to tax purchases made solely with trade credit a while ago. Thus I lose about $60 for every $1k in GS credit spent anymore. That may not seem like much of a trade off, but to those who buy at MSRP that's almost the price of a new release title w/ tax added in.:cry:

But competition is definitely a good thing. Gamestop needs to have another company step up and make them actually offer real value for people trading in their games/systems to them.

[quote name='Poor2More']I see gamestop has Red Faction for $27 used, so where are you all getting it for cheaper to make it a worth while flip, thanks[/QUOTE]

yeah come on gamer the the lazy lurkers need the details!

+1 on if both are = GS wins (no tax on credit purchases = 9% savings)

[quote name='rey6eric']Come on buddy do you really want us to respond to this?

When it comes to flipping, it's every man for himself.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I wish it truly were, "every man for himself".

Unfortunately, the only people benefiting from others posting their ability to do basic math and piece together a flip fall into two categories.

A) Those too lazy to do it themselves (diluting the profit window)

B) The marketing/sales temps at BB and other corps whose job it is to troll these sites and close these consumer loopholes (profit loss) as fast as possible.

I have no doubt there is a secret flipping group. They have the ability to see the bigger picture in this situation and I commend and thank them for that. I happen to be able to see a good flip as well and don't like it when it gets bagged because someone was naive enough or in need of attention so bad that they just HAD to post it on a public forum.

[quote name='donut']yeah come on gamer the the lazy lurkers need the details![/QUOTE]

yea...over 3,000 post and yet Im a lurker :roll:, anyhow

Red Faction Armageddon PS3/360 $12.99 FREE SHIPPING
http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Search/?kw=red+faction

Trades in for $17 base value at BestBuy

$12.99--->$26 w/50% bonus+Unlock at BestBuy

:applause:Now that is how a community should be, helping other members out, none of this No you cant come in my tree house bull shit, I remember years ago when Blockbuster was the best trade/flip and members use to post deals.

[quote name='Poor2More']yea...over 3,000 post and yet Im a lurker :roll:, anyhow

:applause:Now that is how a community should be, helping other members out, none of this No you cant come in my tree house bull shit, I remember years ago when Blockbuster was the best trade/flip and members use to post deals.[/QUOTE]

oh your right, the community is just the same as then ....
and I hope you spring for overnight shipping....

[quote name='donut']oh your right, the community is just the same as then ....
and I hope you spring for overnight shipping....[/QUOTE]

Nope, not bothering buying it because BBY will tank the value before I ever see the game.

[quote name='Poor2More']yea...over 3,000 post and yet Im a lurker :roll:, anyhow

:applause:Now that is how a community should be, helping other members out, none of this No you cant come in my tree house bull shit, I remember years ago when Blockbuster was the best trade/flip and members use to post deals.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought the game to, you know, play. The Red Faction: Guerilla was a fun game and I might like this one as well. If I can flip it after I'm done, then all the better, but that's not my main intention.

[quote name='donut']oh your right, the community is just the same as then ....
And i hope you spring for overnight shipping....[/quote]
:)

[quote name='poor2more']nope, not bothering buying it because bby will tank the value before i ever see the game.[/quote]

:d

You sure do hang around a lot in a thread that you despise, and I mean a lot.

People are going to post finds here, and talk about both successes and failures at flipping/trading games in general. Face it. Everyone complaining about people who are publicizing their trades really comes down to one thing and one thing only: you are worried that you may not be fast enough to flip those same games before the TIV eventually drops. You're not really mad that people are sharing info, you're just mad that people are sharing info with people other than yourself.

This attitude has frankly, gotten pretty damn annoying around here and like others, I think it completely contradicts the points of CAG. Sure, a deal that you post in the secret flip club may not get as much attention (right away anyway), but you act like you know that no one in that group is abusing it. I guarantee you several of the people in that group have traded in far more than 3 copies of each game, taken full advantage of the system's faults and loop-holes, and then came in here complaining that the TIV dropped and that they can't take advantage of that one particular flip anymore because "everyone else caused it to drop." Course, if true, they caused it to drop by everyone acting exactly like the flippers were acting. But that isn't the point, abusing the system is all well and good when it's only you abusing the system. I know that this may not be true for you specifically donut, and several members of that group, but constantly coming back to this thread and bitching and moaning like someone shit in your cereal is getting incredibly fucking annoying.

Stay in your group, do your flips and hope that you can take advantage before completely open and available information spreads to others who also take the time to look and willing to share. Quit coming in here 2-3 times a week to bitch about TIV drops like they would never happen if not for this thread/CAG/every other person trading in games besides yourself (speaking generally here, not just to you donut).

Also, just for the record, I did get an invite to that group and never accepted it. Velo has even sent me two PM's informing me that the invite was there.

/rant

Do you know how big this 'community' is and how many ACTIVE members(meaning people 'helping out') we have here versus lurkers?

Here's a hint: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/

Scroll down towards the bottom, it'll show you the total number of members versus 'active' members. Here, I'll post the numbers for you.

[quote name='90%lurkers']Registered CAGs: 327,326, Active Members: 29,517[/quote]

So that's why I don't blame people for wanting to be secretive and keep this stuff to themselves when 9 out of 10 people who register here don't even post or try to help out this 'community'. So yeah, I'm not gonna help Joe Shmoe who just wants to take, take and take some more make money/credit off of my work I've done by comparing buy prices to trade values across MULTIPLE sites/stores.

The only time you EVER see the lurkers post is to tell other users here to shut up and stop being social and interacting with one another because it means those lurkers have to read/skim all those extra posts and most of them hate actually having to work to get a deal.

bread's done
Back