Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UNC5052']My Gamer's Club Unlocked rarely shows up with my phone number. It always comes up when I tell them my email though.[/QUOTE]

They use the phone number 2x in each transaction.
The first time (to allow "unlocked") the phone number must be entered with dashes (MUST BE)
xxx-xxx-xxxx
the second time entered no dashes.

So when they ask the first time, literally give it them and say "dash" where it belongs. Let them know another BB staff member advised you of this necessity.

and posting the dupes traded with the math of the trade really does no one any good here. it has been reported more than once BB is monitoring this thread. Consider not shoving details in their face. LP is now on it, peeps are getting banned... try to soften the need to brag and be cool and smart...

Does anyone know if we can move preorders from one best buy to another? I had to drive 30 minutes to get to a best buy that allowed trade-ins without receipt, and would like to pick up Skyrim at a closer one.

Thanks!

Traded these in today towards Skyrim:

Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest IX
Chrono Trigger
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Battlefield 3

For $100.xx after 50% and 10% from GU.

I also had a weird experience today. The screen that gives the 50% bonus would not appear. They guy who's helpedme many times tried and even talked to the gaming supervisor but the pre order bonus would not work

Anyone know what day of the week Best Buy updates their trade-in-values? Or do the values just get randomly updated when their computer says they have too many used copies of a particular game, etc?

Wondering if the company has a set day.... If I knew what day the values would be lowered, obviously that would tell me when my last possible day was to get my butt to my local store to maximize my used game trade-in.... Anyone know?

[quote name='strait edge follower']A funny (and kinda sad at the same time) thing happened at bb today while I was doing trade ins this lady walks in and picks up a copy of black ops and I said to myself "nooo don't pay 59.99 for a year old game" gladly she put it back down. However what follows afterward is a clear example of bestbuy adapting gamestops tactics to take advantage of uninformed soccer moms to make a extra few bucks.

Customer: Hi I'm looking for a cod game for my son. Which one would be a good one to start with ? (Ah remember the days before the real world hit us as young adults when outlr parents would spoil us lol)

At this point she picked up cod 4 (best of the series imo) and the rep told her

Rep: ohhh no you don't want that one cause its been hacked. You should try mw2 as its never been hacked

NEVER BEEN HACKED ? ! I almost screamed out loud "you fucking liar its been hacked forever !!!!"

Customer: ohhh 39.99 ? That's cheaper than usual. Thanks a lot for your recomendation !

I almost went into full cag mode to help her make a much better decision as mw2 clearly isn't worth 39.99 but I'm cool with the manager and some of the employes there so I didn't want to mess up the sale. Instead they managed to get 10 extra dollars cause of a lie. Sigh ........ soccer moms :([/QUOTE]

Awesome, MW2 is $19.99 starting tomorrow at TRU.

Want to chime in on this banning talk. I generally shoot down any anecdotal stuff about bannings and trade in bonuses, etc. (especially when it comes from the employees) however something happened to me today that I wanted to share. Ignore it if you choose.

I am a big time regular at my closest store. Yes, I know how bad that sounds. Anyway, I talk to everyone there including the head security guy at the front. After chatting with him before giving him my games to apply those silly "I didn't steal this item stickers", he said to me "you don't have any duplicates here do you". I pointed out that I had one or two. At that point he said, "well if you have more than three ever break them up into different trades because we were told something about red flags that will be popping up."

I have to tell you I trust this guy for several reasons. He's well informed, he's polite, and he had no issue with me trading in multiples. In fact he was just suggesting a way to avoid triggering a flag. So it wasn't like he was discouraging me from trading duplicates, rather he was just trying to help me out.

Take this as you will. I can also ad that the person who handled my trade (also well informed) mentioned that over the last few weeks a group of about 3 people keep coming in and trading in the same 3 or 4 games. So, with that in mind, perhaps this was a store level situation.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I ran into huge problems at BB today. My Gamers Unlocked isn't working even though I bought 2 subscriptions. I bought the subscriptions right before Gamers Unlocked was available, but I got the 2 letters in the mail and upgraded my account to Gamers Unlocked. For some reason, it didn't work because I don't get 10% on trades. The Computer System says I don't have Gamers unlocked. I spent a few couple hours on customer service. They said they escalated the situation and that one of the higher ups will get back to me within 7-10 business days. They also are giving me 500 reward zone points ($10) for the trouble.

Has this happened to anyone else here? (buying subscription, but unable to get 10%). Also, I only recieved 1 magazine for September and October (rather than 2 copies that I paid for).

Anyone have advice is a customer service representative can't fix it?[/QUOTE]
Best bet is to post on the Best Buy Unlocked Forums(on BB website scroll to the bottom n find the link for the forums). I made a thread on there asking for a resolution of the same issue as you're having.

Till it was FINALLY resolved I had to bring in the receipts from when I first signed up for the @Gamer subscription(signed up a month before the Gamer's Club Unlocked was announced) AND the receipts showing when they tried using the coupon/sku from the coupon to 'unlock' my Gamer's Club.

It took around a MONTH to finally get it resolved, but now my name pops up in the system no problem once my phone number or RZ card are scanned.
[quote name='Bizzquik']Anyone know what day of the week Best Buy updates their trade-in-values? Or do the values just get randomly updated when their computer says they have too many used copies of a particular game, etc?

Wondering if the company has a set day.... If I knew what day the values would be lowered, obviously that would tell me when my last possible day was to get my butt to my local store to maximize my used game trade-in.... Anyone know?[/QUOTE]
It seems random. Best bet is just to get to the store as quickly as you can once you have all of your stuff you're trading in ready to go. Even if it means going before work, after work, on break or whenever you can find 30 minutes to get to BB.

Yeah I took in some honest to goodness, bought to play games tonight and the guy tried telling me that they weren't giving the pre-order bonuses out anymore because people were returning the games too often. Only got the bonus for trading in 2 or more. Guess I don't care still got enough to pay for the rest of skyrim and the Zelda gold remote bundle.

Funny that now, when I'm done trading in flips and disc only ps2 games, they start giving an attitude.

Its so weird that best buy is such Nazis about pre order cancellations. What the fuck does it matter, its just store credit that gets spent elsewhere.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I took in some honest to goodness, bought to play games tonight and the guy tried telling me that they weren't giving the pre-order bonuses out anymore because people were returning the games too often. Only got the bonus for trading in 2 or more. Guess I don't care still got enough to pay for the rest of skyrim and the Zelda gold remote bundle.

Funny that now, when I'm done trading in flips and disc only ps2 games, they start giving an attitude.

Its so weird that best buy is such Nazis about pre order cancellations. What the fuck does it matter, its just store credit that gets spent elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I have a good relationship with the gaming staff at "my" Best Buy, and they have told me that they get rewarded with a free copy of a game if they sell enough pre orders. I think this is a major reason why they don't like seeing returns.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I took in some honest to goodness, bought to play games tonight and the guy tried telling me that they weren't giving the pre-order bonuses out anymore because people were returning the games too often. Only got the bonus for trading in 2 or more. Guess I don't care still got enough to pay for the rest of skyrim and the Zelda gold remote bundle.

Its so weird that best buy is such Nazis about pre order cancellations. What the fuck does it matter, its just store credit that gets spent elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
I have to wonder if they completely adopted Gamestoppo's model and evaluate their employees based on how many pre-orders they get and retain or not.

[quote name='TheBigmac']Something similar happened to me once at the Tyson's Corner, VA location. Went to trade, unlocked wouldn't show up. The guy pulled the account using my phone number...nothing. He struggled for a good 10 minutes until the STORE MANAGER walked by and the gaming guy tells the store manager "This guy's unlocked is not showing up but I know for a fact he's an unlocked member. Can we give him an extra 10% manually in the form of a gift card?" The store manager says: "No. Did you try pulling it up using his email address instead?" Gaming guy: "I don't think that's gonna work" Store manager : "Just do it". Gaming guy asks me my email address, he enters it and says "I don't think that.....................What do you know. Here it is" Store manager gives the gaming guy a condescending look, then looks at me and he says: "next time it doesn't show up, tell the person in charge to use your email address instead of your phone number to pull up your unlocked account". And walks away with bad ass demeanor. Now, why would the store manager know something about Unlocked that the gaming guy himself does not know? That's completely beyond me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='donut']They use the phone number 2x in each transaction.
The first time (to allow "unlocked") the phone number must be entered with dashes (MUST BE)
xxx-xxx-xxxx
the second time entered no dashes.

So when they ask the first time, literally give it them and say "dash" where it belongs. Let them know another BB staff member advised you of this necessity.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks to everyone who helped with advice for my situation. I'm going to write it out and keep it in my wallet next to my rewards zone card so I dont forget. I wish I knew this stuff earlier today, but better late than never.

I keep telling them to put the dashes in and they never listen.

Then after they fuck up the first time, they put the dashes in.

How sad is it that we know their jobs better than they do? (Sad for us and them I guess)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks to everyone who helped with advice for my situation. I'm going to write it out and keep it in my wallet next to my rewards zone card so I dont forget. I wish I knew this stuff earlier today, but better late than never.[/QUOTE]

i hand them my reward zone card everytime and it works fine.

[quote name='confoosious']I keep telling them to put the dashes in and they never listen.

Then after they fuck up the first time, they put the dashes in.

How sad is it that we know their jobs better than they do? (Sad for us and them I guess)[/QUOTE]

This exactly happened to me twice. Even the Gaming Supervisor didn't know to input dash within phone numbers. He insisted using my email to pull out RZ membership.

So another weird thing happening. The gift card total is only showing the bonuses and not the base TIV in the total

[quote name='Toss']So another weird thing happening. The gift card total is only showing the bonuses and not the base TIV in the total[/QUOTE]
You mean the lil paper they have you sign when you do trades? If so, then someone from GS really did go to work for BB for their trade program, since that's how GS was starting to do it right before my ban. They would list the total given for each game but NOT the base value + promo bumps seperately.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean the lil paper they have you sign when you do trades? If so, then someone from GS really did go to work for BB for their trade program, since that's how GS was starting to do it right before my ban. They would list the total given for each game but NOT the base value + promo bumps seperately.[/QUOTE]

How does that change anything or matter? you still get the bonus right?

Also, I traded in a couple games tonight and got for example on my sheet:

Value $14
Promo Value $4.20
Unlocked 1.40
Value Card: 19.60

so it's status quo for me.

[quote name='confoosious']How does that change anything or matter? you still get the bonus right?

Also, I traded in a couple games tonight and got for example on my sheet:

Value $14
Promo Value $4.20
Unlocked 1.40
Value Card: 19.60

so it's status quo for me.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't change anything for me since I usually either ask em what each base value is or carefully watch the screen when they're scanning stuff in.;)

[quote name='stoned99']I dont have anything really to add. I talked to the Game guy for a second about it, he said this guy had been ordering all the penny guides online for instore pickup, so maybe he triggered something else, or the store flagged him in some way. He was Asian and about mid 20's, it wa at the Westminister store.[/QUOTE]

Westminster (OC, CA)? I wonder if it was one of the SD guys I ran into last year during their B2G1 (B0G1) glitch.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean the lil paper they have you sign when you do trades? If so, then someone from GS really did go to work for BB for their trade program, since that's how GS was starting to do it right before my ban. They would list the total given for each game but NOT the base value + promo bumps seperately.[/QUOTE]

Weird but the gift card total reflected the 10% unlocked and 50% mw3 bonus but no the base TIV. So about 2/3 of the expected value was missing.

New deals all ending on the 12th..

Saints row/assassins creed/max payne (kinda out of left field, isnt it?) 50% towards preorder.

MW 3 still reflects the same value for purchase. Skyrim, 40%.

Must. Stay. Away. Kmart and Best Buy. These 2 are not messing around this fall...

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm

[quote name='vicks']New deals all ending on the 12th..

Saints row/assassins creed/max payne (kinda out of left field, isnt it?) 50% towards preorder.

Must. Stay. Away. Kmart and Best Buy. These 2 are not messing around this fall...

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the updates but yeah, Max Payne?! Isn't it coming out in March or something?

[quote name='Tallkido']Why trade in value for fifa 11 xbox 360 is 4 bucks and for ps3 11 ?

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?aCap=F&kw=fifa&pf=all[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess I'd say it's because there are WAY more 360 users than PS3 users, therefore when it comes to used copies floating around, there are just more of the 360 ones to be traded. I have also noticed the same when it comes to used game prices in places like ebay and amazon marketplace. Usually, when a game is released in multiple platforms, the used price on the :360: version drops faster and the price for the :ps3: version holds better. It's not always the case but I would say I've noticed it happening about 90% of the time.

[quote name='vicks']New deals all ending on the 12th..

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm[/QUOTE]

Where do you see Max Payne? Just says AssCreed and Saints Row on the main page... I mean no matter what 50% is a lot and worth it even if you take the $5 loss on a game you don't plan to buy but still.

nvm...I see it's in the link in the link, but it's not on the main page or on the part where you can click "all deals" on the main page...just that secondary page you linked to.

I have a question if you guys can help me, I only traded a game at best buy once, way back when they started taking trade ins and they had no promotions. As of right now, I'm trying to trade in some games to put out little cash as possible to buy MW 3. I have got the games and values from online but the promotion if you pre order MW 3 and get a 50% trade in gone now it's for AC: R & Stains Rows, I can pre order ACR to get the 50% trade in and cancel it on the spot and put the $5 on MW? Will my gift card value get deducted? Thanks!
EDIT: SO i'm just going to go on Tuesday when MW 3 comes out, any chance from now to Tuesday the value could drop? THey are all older games like EA Sports Active 2 bundle X2 ! and Kane And Lynch Dog days.

Does anyone else see the obvious reason the 360 versions drop? Gamefly put those on super sale. But not the PS3 ones. So people placed orders, then locked the tradein values on bby.com. Basic rule of "flipping"... Gamefly titles are ticking time bombs.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Updated OP with all the new promos, including the very odd Max Payne 3 one.[/QUOTE]
It's also odd that this weeks ad states a 40% trade-in bonus for purchase of COD:MW3 when the 50% pre-order/purchase bonus is still valid.

Don't tackle me too hard if it's been said 40 times, but through the last few pages I didn't see it. Is the 50% additional per title or for the total value of all the trades?

[quote name='Finch106']Don't tackle me too hard if it's been said 40 times, but through the last few pages I didn't see it. Is the 50% additional per title or for the total value of all the trades?[/QUOTE]

Think about what you're asking for a second.

On second thought, I dont even know where to begin....What grade are you in?

[quote name='Finch106']Don't tackle me too hard if it's been said 40 times, but through the last few pages I didn't see it. Is the 50% additional per title or for the total value of all the trades?[/QUOTE]

Yes. That is the way math works.

I'm afraid if I tell you the answer, it might blow your mind.

Yes.

I just got back from my local best buy and got the 50% for preordering mw3. But does anyone know the chances of me being able to pick up a hardened edition at midnight if I preordered the regular the guy told me slim chance but I don't really believe him.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']I have a question if you guys can help me, I only traded a game at best buy once, way back when they started taking trade ins and they had no promotions. As of right now, I'm trying to trade in some games to put out little cash as possible to buy MW 3. I have got the games and values from online but the promotion if you pre order MW 3 and get a 50% trade in gone now it's for AC: R & Stains Rows, I can pre order ACR to get the 50% trade in and cancel it on the spot and put the $5 on MW? Will my gift card value get deducted? Thanks!
EDIT: SO i'm just going to go on Tuesday when MW 3 comes out, any chance from now to Tuesday the value could drop? THey are all older games like EA Sports Active 2 bundle X2 ! and Kane And Lynch Dog days.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: I think my sarcasm detector is broken or something cuz I know you can't be serious. You wanna put $5 down on AC: R just to get the 50% promo bump and then cancel it before even leaving the store?

Do you not see the issue there? Why should BB keep giving the bonus bumps if people are gonna either walk out without doing the pre-order or cancel before leaving the store.

[quote name='yosnowman']I just got back from my local best buy and got the 50% for preordering mw3. But does anyone know the chances of me being able to pick up a hardened edition at midnight if I preordered the regular the guy told me slim chance but I don't really believe him.[/QUOTE]

I'd believe the guy...slim chance. I know my store got just enough copies to cover my preorders.

The gaming supervisor at mine said if you get there early and had it pre-ordered, it's quite possible they COULD have a couple hardened editions extra.

[quote name='SierraNight']I'd believe the guy...slim chance. I know my store got just enough copies to cover my preorders.[/QUOTE]

Your store as in you work there? If so around what time should I go to attempt to pick up a hardened I was going to arrive at around 11 so I'm not there all night but I could get there earlier if it ment the deference.

bread's done
Back