Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tepro']Trump my 18 Visa, was happy when I hit 20 but doubt I can get it back up to that magical 4k since I'm probly banned too, haven't flip since BF.

You and Dude probly the top 2 flippers when it come to Visa. How many Visa did you got from ur KA?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure DudeImGodly has me beat for total $ from trade-ins. I spent $70.24 on 37 KAs at GS. Got $555 credit at BBV and made over $4000 at BB. Still have some credit at BBV left.

[quote name='tepro']I foresee a lot less activities on this thread due to all the bans.[/QUOTE]
You bet. It's all about Micro Center now baby. Too bad the 2 in my area won't answer the phone so I can verify if they take trade-ins or not. 45 min drive. Someone in the Micro Center trade thread reported that the 2 stores did not take them, but he might have thrown that out just to throw people off. Anyone know about the MD NoVa Micro Center stores?

Damn. $70 into $4K is just.... insane.

No hate here, I'm damn impressed. But man, I got dirty looks trading in TWO copies of KA. I hit three stores, thus six KAs, and felt like a bandit walking out and I still think every store around me hates me.

[quote name='klimb22']I'm sure DudeImGodly has me beat for total $ from trade-ins. I spent $70.24 on 37 KAs at GS. Got $555 credit at BBV and made over $4000 at BB. Still have some credit at BBV left.[/QUOTE]

Wow, how u managed that? I calculated ur profit when u 1st mentioned the 37 KA. 555/6=92.5 games * 15(assuming avg. is 10+bonus) = 1387.5. U flip BBV > other places > BB?

[quote name='mattcube64']Damn. $70 into $4K is just.... insane.

No hate here, I'm damn impressed. But man, I got dirty looks trading in TWO copies of KA. I hit three stores, thus six KAs, and felt like a bandit walking out and I still think every store around me hates me.[/QUOTE]
I could have done it all at one store, but wanted to spread it out so I would have a greater variety of used games to choose from. I did 3 stores. 21, 13 and 3. I guess I should grateful, huh? Too bad most of us didn't find out about KA until the second day of the BBV sale or it would have really been ugly.

I'm a little ticked that they are now giving a $5 GC AND reading about all these folks making money hand over fist at Micro Center.

[quote name='mattcube64']Damn. $70 into $4K is just.... insane.

No hate here, I'm damn impressed. But man, I got dirty looks trading in TWO copies of KA. I hit three stores, thus six KAs, and felt like a bandit walking out and I still think every store around me hates me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't do the KA flips but got dirty look the last time I bought 25 games after the 25 games 2 days before. 1st time the Dish dudes were discussing what I'm doing w/ mult. 3x, 2nd time asked me more gifts? :) and I should buy BBV stocks. Told them I don't invest in bankrupt company. The BBV dude was cool when I was casing the games b4 the 5/30 deal, 2nd time shitface :) priceless. Does flippers get hated on?

[quote name='tepro']Wow, how u managed that? I calculated ur profit when u 1st mentioned the 37 KA. 555/6=92.5 games * 15(assuming avg. is 10+bonus) = 1387.5. U flip BBV > other places > BB?[/QUOTE]
I didn't itemize, but I added up my totals from the day I traded the KAs until yesterday and tried to subtract the GS stuff. May be in the mid $3000 range. At that time BBV still had some good flips like Wii Party, Harry Potter, DA2, etc.

Traded in just a few of my own non-flip games yesterday to pick up one of the KZ3/R3 move bundles. The guy gave me a real hard time and went back and forth acting like he couldn't process the trade in for some reason. Guess I know why now. I probably was banned in this last wave too, he was just getting that override prompt.

Kinda shitty that I paid for that RZ Gamer Unlocked thing and now they ban people instead of training their employees on how to reject obviously bad trade in transactions, like 150 disc only PS2 sports games for $1 each.

It's not necessarily always bad that you have people flipping to you. As long as they control how much they buy and how much they buy it for, they really shouldn't ever be banning anyone aside from obvious selling of stolen merchandise.

Gamestop has this right - their values rarely if ever allow for flips from other locations and thus they rarely have to ban people. Best Buy upper management's distrust of the customer shines through here. They probably think all the people they are banning are theives and sold them stolen merchandise. They're probably completely incredulous to the idea that we could have bought them cheaper somewhere else and sold it to them for profit.

[quote name='tepro']Wow, how u managed that? I calculated ur profit when u 1st mentioned the 37 KA. 555/6=92.5 games * 15(assuming avg. is 10+bonus) = 1387.5. U flip BBV > other places > BB?[/QUOTE]

i am curious too.

[quote name='tepro']I didn't do the KA flips but got dirty look the last time I bought 25 games after the 25 games 2 days before. 1st time the Dish dudes were discussing what I'm doing w/ mult. 3x, 2nd time asked me more gifts? :) and I should buy BBV stocks. Told them I don't invest in bankrupt company. The BBV dude was cool when I was casing the games b4 the 5/30 deal, 2nd time shitface :) priceless. Does flippers get hated on?[/QUOTE]
You should see how they look at me when I'm scanning barcodes with my iPhone. They think I'm taking pictures or something. The BBV that's furthest away has those damn stickers over the barcodes and in plastic cases. I have to type everything in. Takes forever.

[quote name='klimb22']You should see how they look at me when I'm scanning barcodes with my iPhone. They think I'm taking pictures or something. The BBV that's furthest away has those damn stickers over the barcodes and in plastic cases. I have to type everything in. Takes forever.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of Best Buy management perpetuates a distrust and a "looking down on" mentality towards their customers. They see customers as basically too dumb to figure out what to buy, so they train their employees to upsell useless high-profit crap to them. They see customers that are savvy as an obstacle and a problem so they train their employees to treat them like thieves. In your case, comparison shopping.

Just like the attitude towards this trade in program is just ban first, then never think about it later. Assume the customer was doing something illicit or harmful, and take extreme action immediately.

what was the base for KA before it dropped? and I'm assuming this was when they had the 50% for a $40 purchase promo?
How much was the profit per game?

[quote name='iRandom']what was the base for KA before it dropped? and I'm assuming this was when they had the 50% for a $40 purchase promo?
How much was the profit per game?[/QUOTE]

$1.99 used at Gamestop to $15 at Blockbuster. With their "5 for $30", and if you took those 5 games from Blockbuster to Best Buy, it was an easy way to turn $4 into $50+.

Since June, my total number of traded games to date is about 180 for just about $3000 credit. So not as extreme as some, but it seems probably more than others who have gotten banned. I'll note again that I traded some games in today and did not appear to be banned.

In reviewing my trade history, though, I will say I traded a great variety of titles and actually only went over 3 of one game 3 or 4 times - and in those cases it was 4 or 5. So I never did 20 of the same thing, for example.

from what was posted earlier in the thread they probably are looking to ban anyone who exceeded the limit on the same game eventually.

oh well, it is what it is. If i can't trade there i just won't be shopping there as much. Their loss. I never did get into Best Buy flipping like blockbuster flipping. A lot of my Best Buy trade ins were my own games that i probably would have taken to gamestop or ebay otherwise.

[quote name='jer7583']I think a lot of Best Buy management perpetuates a distrust and a "looking down on" mentality towards their customers. They see customers as basically too dumb to figure out what to buy, so they train their employees to upsell useless high-profit crap to them. They see customers that are savvy as an obstacle and a problem so they train their employees to treat them like thieves. In your case, comparison shopping.

Just like the attitude towards this trade in program is just ban first, then never think about it later. Assume the customer was doing something illicit or harmful, and take extreme action immediately.[/QUOTE]

They can ban u if they think ur a reseller, GS have same policy and had banned CAG just for that reason.

If I'm banned from BB, I and every1 else who did more than 3x deserved it. I feel bad for the peep that follow BB policy but also got the hammer. U all got to understand, good thing don't last 4ever. Life is not a fable, tortoise don't beat hare.

yea how did you turn $555 BBV > $4000? With $555, you can buy the 5 for $30 about 17 times. I mean that's about 80+ games to flip. Assuming that your BBVs even have 86 games for you to buy, each of them has to be $50 trade in value to make $4k.

[quote name='io']Since June, my total number of traded games to date is about 180 for just about $3000 credit. So not as extreme as some, but it seems probably more than others who have gotten banned. I'll note again that I traded some games in today and did not appear to be banned.

In reviewing my trade history, though, I will say I traded a great variety of titles and actually only went over 3 of one game 3 or 4 times - and in those cases it was 4 or 5. So I never did 20 of the same thing, for example.[/QUOTE]

You should still be golden. Look at it this way, you n shrike = less headache, deleting flipping posts ;)
Me n all my flipping friends = no more rowdy Monday night.

[quote name='klimb22']You bet. It's all about Micro Center now baby. Too bad the 2 in my area won't answer the phone so I can verify if they take trade-ins or not. 45 min drive. Someone in the Micro Center trade thread reported that the 2 stores did not take them, but he might have thrown that out just to throw people off. Anyone know about the MD NoVa Micro Center stores?[/QUOTE]
If I had the chutzpah you did to do 38 KA's to BBV and ended up making $8k in pre-paid Visa cards, I'd probably not even think twice about filling up the tank on the car and driving the 45 minutes even if that was just ONE WAY.

Shit. I'd probably go to a car dealership that takes credit cards and buy a car of my own with some of the $8k. As it stands I've been using my families' car for my flipping runs lately and that gets old plopping $20 in cash into the tank for essentially 2-3 hours of flipping, then getting dirty looks when ya say you wanna hit up the further off stores still.:roll:

[quote name='kouleefoh']yea how did you turn $555 BBV > $4000? With $555, you can buy the 5 for $30 about 17 times. I mean that's about 80+ games to flip. Assuming that your BBVs even have 86 games for you to buy, each of them has to be $50 trade in value to make $4k.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what I was adding up, but with the KA credit it was more like 14 sets of 5 and 1 set of 3. I bought quite a few cases of soda and some 2/$3 box candy too. Traded the games to BB for $1014.00

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I had the chutzpah you did to do 38 KA's to BBV and ended up making $8k in pre-paid Visa cards, I'd probably not even think twice about filling up the tank on the car and driving the 45 minutes even if that was just ONE WAY.

Shit. I'd probably go to a car dealership that takes credit cards and buy a car of my own with some of the $8k. As it stands I've been using my families' car for my flipping runs lately and that gets old plopping $20 in cash into the tank for essentially 2-3 hours of flipping, then getting dirty looks when ya say you wanna hit up the further off stores still.:roll:[/QUOTE]
My bad, I meant to say it was a 45 mile drive one way. If you know traffic in the DC metro area you know that is never under and hour.

[quote name='io']Since June, my total number of traded games to date is about 180 for just about $3000 credit. So not as extreme as some, but it seems probably more than others who have gotten banned. I'll note again that I traded some games in today and did not appear to be banned.

In reviewing my trade history, though, I will say I traded a great variety of titles and actually only went over 3 of one game 3 or 4 times - and in those cases it was 4 or 5. So I never did 20 of the same thing, for example.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong here io, I'm happy for you that you can still trade in at BB and all but I'm also upset that I got banned when I know I went over the limit only on two occassions (one of them was online which I don't think they would even be able to trace to my driver's license ID anyway). Double standard it seems like to me.

[quote name='klimb22']My bad, I meant to say it was a 45 mile drive one way. If you know traffic in the DC metro area you know that is never under and hour.[/QUOTE]
Either way, with $8k in Visa pre-paid cards I'd still take the trek regardless.:razz: But then again with THAT amount of cash I'd probably buy my families car outright, fill 'er up n go raid the entirety of the Tri-State area of anything decently flippable and make even MORE money/credit.:booty:

But that's just me....;)

Hell. With some of the tiv's the way they are at Microcenter I'm truly considering a run to the Philly area store to trade some of those in and that's a 2 hour drive ONE WAY.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Either way, with $8k in Visa pre-paid cards I'd still take the trek regardless.:razz: But then again with THAT amount of cash I'd probably buy my families car outright, fill 'er up n go raid the entirety of the Tri-State area of anything decently flippable and make even MORE money/credit.:booty:

But that's just me....;)

Hell. With some of the tiv's the way they are at Microcenter I'm truly considering a run to the Philly area store to trade some of those in and that's a 2 hour drive ONE WAY.:D[/QUOTE]

And as soon as you get there you find out the only guy working in the gaming dept. just took his hour long lunch and he wont tell you if the systems down until it's over :D

[quote name='DudeImGodly']And as soon as you get there you find out the only guy working in the gaming dept. just took his hour long lunch and he wont tell you if the systems down until it's over :D[/QUOTE]

That would suck beyond belief lol. I wish I was near a microcenter as the nearest one I could find is in fucking upstate :(

[quote name='Donut2922']Don't get me wrong here io, I'm happy for you that you can still trade in at BB and all but I'm also upset that I got banned when I know I went over the limit only on two occassions (one of them was online which I don't think they would even be able to trace to my driver's license ID anyway). Double standard it seems like to me.[/QUOTE]

Well, the reason I posted my numbers (and I hope others do too) is to see if there's anything else besides just going over the 3 per game limit. Maybe it was on certain games. Maybe it is just total number of games traded - I know a lot of people have inflated numbers doe to trading all those cheap PS2 games in (I only traded 4 or 5 of those). Or maybe it is just random or maybe they will get to everyone eventually.

The term "double standard" doesn't apply unless some people are getting special treatment for some other reason. I mean, they certainly don't know I'm the mighty "Io" when I trade - nor would they care ;). But yeah, the bans being random and with no consistency I could go with.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']And as soon as you get there you find out the only guy working in the gaming dept. just took his hour long lunch and he wont tell you if the systems down until it's over :D[/QUOTE]
That would probably push me to knock over a magazine rack and glitter the place up.:lol:;)

Believe me, if it wasn't two hours and I knew for certain they did take games in trade, I would so hit up some BBV stores en route and do a couple big ass trades of games.;)

[quote name='strait edge follower']I think we need to except the fact that we will never know for sure why people get banned from bestbuy trade ins[/QUOTE]

I think we all need to accept that anything BB does is a mystery. RZ points = mystery. Game pre-order code bonus showing/not showing = mystery. Gamer's Unlocked status = mystery.

[quote name='klimb22']You bet. It's all about Micro Center now baby. Too bad the 2 in my area won't answer the phone so I can verify if they take trade-ins or not. 45 min drive. Someone in the Micro Center trade thread reported that the 2 stores did not take them, but he might have thrown that out just to throw people off. Anyone know about the MD NoVa Micro Center stores?[/QUOTE]

I'm the guy who reported that and it was verified by another poster for the Rockville location. You have no reason to trust me as we don't know each other, but I recommend not buying anything to flip until you check them out. Don't get stuck with any games you don't want or need like me and the other guy.

not for long
only a few stores Vs thousands
some do not take trade ins
memos flying yesterday to stores about multiples, condition of games (complete/pristine)
"iffy" stability of system ('freezes") then sol for days
abusers will or possibly have already ruined this option

but let the moronic bragging continue so that lazy lurkers can screw it up this weekend...

and on a BBuy note - perhaps all the "numbers" could be reported in the social group? hell everyone posting and all their friends/relatives belong to it...

[quote name='io']Not good for Best Buy:

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_19513855?source=most_viewed[/QUOTE]

Actually bad for the insurance company more b/c they probably have to pay full value.

On a sidenote, I reported a few weeks back that I was told my a GM that he banned me. Later that day I tried a trade without my RZ unlocked and it worked. So tried another trade with all bonuses and worked just fine. Guess he was bluffing. Expectedly, yesterday came the banhammer and I know I've gone over the 3 limit. My cousin also got banned and I know he always went over the limit, 6 per copy per platform ( 3 of each at 2 different stores) every time there was a BB to BB flip. Fun while it lasted.

After reading all those horror stories of people getting banned got me kinda nervous... Over half a year or so I've done about 6 - 7 trades... never went over 3x limit (2 at most)... came out from ~$100 to $300 total flip so nothing on a major scale... most of it was before September or so and I haven't done trades since... now I'm wondering if they would've flagged me... the only thing I can think that might've gotten me close to the 3x limit would be 2 copies of fear 3 for xbox and 1 for ps3...

Now what I think is BS is that I read that people called the corporate # and all got is an answer that they violated the ToS... and without explaining which parts... it's all speculation though as it seems... anything could've been considered as a violation of ToS... they can assume I stole all the games or what not but they wouldn't have any proof... now with massive flippers might've gotten flag it would be easy to argue that the software they used made a lot of errors... but it's messed up as well... I can take my old PS2 collection and easily come in with around 100 - 150 titles... am I gonna get banned as them thinking I'm a flipper or that I stole them all... that kind of scripting is messed up...

anyways hoping I'm not banned... haven't checked it out yet

[quote name='donut']not for long
memos flying yesterday to stores about multiples, condition of games (complete/pristine)

but let the moronic bragging continue so that lazy lurkers can screw it up this weekend...

and on a BBuy note - perhaps all the "numbers" could be reported in the social group? hell everyone posting and all their friends/relatives belong to it...[/QUOTE]
I used to keep it "in-house" but after getting banned from BB and not able to do MC I really don't care anymore.
[quote name='io']Not good for Best Buy:

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_19513855?source=most_viewed[/QUOTE]
How's craigslist for that area looking? I hope they weren't like the dummies here that robbed GS for a shipment of COD:BO the Sunday before release and posted listings on CL for them.

[quote name='donut']not for long

and on a BBuy note - perhaps all the "numbers" could be reported in the social group? hell everyone posting and all their friends/relatives belong to it...[/QUOTE]
Well doesn't matter if the company has one or thousands over the country, all I need is one in my area.
But yes i agree, that it won't last long due abusers and because they are a much smaller scale company, the effect of abuse will be felt quicker, I'd imagine. And oh yea, system crashes all the time. There is one positive thing about my local MC, I call in and they process the trade in on the phone for me ahead of time.

My friend was banned from Worst Buy after only doing 3 trade in's. I went with him last night when he was doing a trade of like 22 games and was shot down due to being on "the list". He had made 2 pre-orders one UFC game that recently got released and didn't pick up and one that he was planning to pick up but it just hasnt released yet.

[quote name='donut']

Agreed! Lets make use of the social group for this kind of stuff.

This does work with the B2G1 deal, right? I can get a game 39.99 or higher and still get the 40% bonus TIV?

bread's done
Back