Best Buy Trades store vs online

Unaki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I was just wondering if the quote you get for games is the same both in-store and online and how it works in store.

I was thinking of trading in Rune Factory 2 and Front Mission Evolved there but I don't want to wait for a couple weeks for a gift card in the mail. I was going to trade these in at gamestop but Best Buy's online trade calculator lists Rune Factory 2 as $6 vs the last known GS value of $5.75 and a whole $16 more than Gamestop with Front Mission Evolved.

Ive traded stuff in online before but my store recently started doing in-store trades and just want to be sure I can get what's listed before going out. Also where do I go in store to trade them in? Customer Service?

Oh yeah, just a note, the two games have no damage, have all the manuals, the case and original artwork.

I traded in quake wars and got the full amount that was quoted on the website via gift card. They do offer a check good for cash but the value is less.

For what system are you trading in Front Mission Evolved? I ask because Toys R'Us also does in store trades now as well and is offering between $.05-.40 more than even Best Buy's TIV of $32 for the game.

You can find the values for both versions HERE: http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/products.aspx?searchstring=front+mission+evolved

They're also giving $6.90 for Rune Factory 2: http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/productdetails.aspx?productid=7704

Those values should also be good in store just like the Best Buy ones.

Well, Im looking to buy a G13. By trading in both those games (Trading in for $32 on FME is better than trying to sell it since the price is dropping like a rock) I will have more than enough to get a g13 without paying physical money.

[quote name='Unaki']I was just wondering if the quote you get for games is the same both in-store and online and how it works in store.

I was thinking of trading in Rune Factory 2 and Front Mission Evolved there but I don't want to wait for a couple weeks for a gift card in the mail. I was going to trade these in at gamestop but Best Buy's online trade calculator lists Rune Factory 2 as $6 vs the last known GS value of $5.75 and a whole $16 more than Gamestop with Front Mission Evolved.

Ive traded stuff in online before but my store recently started doing in-store trades and just want to be sure I can get what's listed before going out. Also where do I go in store to trade them in? Customer Service?

Oh yeah, just a note, the two games have no damage, have all the manuals, the case and original artwork.[/QUOTE]

Should be customer service...there are about 40 stores nationwide that have a trade-in desk in the gaming area but otherwise it's the customer service desk. Trade-in values are the same online as in store. You get the gift card right away. Make sure you have the case with artwork and no cracks. Then you are good.

has anyone successfully convince the store to give you store credit instead? You don't get reward points for gift card usage :(

[quote name='youtim']Should be customer service...there are about 40 stores nationwide that have a trade-in desk in the gaming area but otherwise it's the customer service desk. Trade-in values are the same online as in store. You get the gift card right away. Make sure you have the case with artwork and no cracks. Then you are good.[/QUOTE]

Its much more than 40 stores, more like hundreds of stores take trade in. Only about 40 stores sell used games, by the end of the year that will be much higher.

bread's done
Back