Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
At the store I work at (I'm in Computer/Tablet sales) we are allowed to PM the B1G1 50% off deal. At least every time I've put it through and asked for an override there has been no discussion about not allowing it. It seems to be YMMV.. I guess it mostly depends on the cost of the items and if it prompts for an override. It seems like the managers trust their employees enough to know when to allow it/when not to.

[quote name='splattered']You might also want to mention that per Digital Foundry the PS3 version is the worst performing of the bunch... the PS3 is a tiny bit sharper in places but suffers in pretty much other category including framerate and foilage pop in etc... it also has black borders all around the entire image where the 360 has black borders only vertically on the sides. Also shadows have a severe screen door effect to them whereas the 360 shadows look normal.

Neither version runs perfect... both have serious performance issues, but the 360 is definitely a little better.

I'd rather take the 360 version and hope for a delayed co-op DLC release later on down the road but maybe that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Reading the comments on that article crack me up. PC gamers that act like they have the "superior" version seem to forget that it is running on console hardware 6-7 years old. To me the console is the superior version just based on the fact it is even remotely as nice as a PC with the latest $300 video card. I also love that some think the 10/10 Eurogamer gave it should be revised since the graphics had some issues. Frankly, I almost never notice graphics issues (frame rate being the exception), especially if I am having a blast playing the game.

[quote name='boosted02gt']Tried to match Toys R Us and was told by the manager that Best Buy doesn't match Toys R' Us because they are going out of business. I politely asked him for his first and last name after I told him I would just contact my silver member customer service to get it taken care of. I told him I needed his name so the CS representative would know who was not abiding by Best Buy's official PM policy. He was enough of a dick about it to write it down so I wouldn't forget.

Just got off the phone with CS. They charged me for the additional copy of Farcry 3 for 30.00, free shipping (to a friend's address) and are sending a 10 dollar GC for the trouble. I guess it is good to be a silver member sometimes. Maybe the see how much you spend and figure, this person is a good customer, maybe we should take good care of him.[/QUOTE]

You wouldnt happen to live in Texas, would you? This happened to me two weeks ago, same BS reason, and I'm quite curious if it is the same ahole manager.

[quote name='sasuke543']I ordered this early yesterday, did see the $20 promotion plus DLC. Never saw it in my cart though. Best to go to the BBY forum?[/QUOTE]

It's possible the DLC gets cutoff by the system since yesterday was so near to release date. You still preordered it though so give it until Thursday before you ask them. The mods at BBY will be able to send you a code if nothing comes. They even state on their forums to give DLC's a couple of days to be emailed regarding .com orders.

For those looking for it, directions for getting the missing dlc codes ....

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Far-Cry-3-Preorder-Codes/td-p/629596

But give it a day or 2 first, like someone said they're doing a manual check for purchases that were not packaged out correctly.

I sure hope this new pre order system for the 2013 games fixes this issue lol

[quote name='godsmack13']For those looking for it, directions for getting the missing dlc codes ....

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Far-Cry-3-Preorder-Codes/td-p/629596

But give it a day or 2 first, like someone said they're doing a manual check for purchases that were not packaged out correctly.

I sure hope this new pre order system for the 2013 games fixes this issue lol[/QUOTE]
No one seemed to care and/or pay attention when I posted that on the last page.

[quote name='klimb22']No one seemed to care and/or pay attention when I posted that on the last page.[/QUOTE]

That's because the forums are not meant for instant response. Expected reply time is 3-5 business days. If you need an immediate resolution than you need to call in. Or you could be patient, and you'll probably get the codes anyways from their automatic check of missed codes with purchase.

[quote name='Kyden139']That's because the forums are not meant for instant response. Expected reply time is 3-5 business days. If you need an immediate resolution than you need to call in. Or you could be patient, and you'll probably get the codes anyways from their automatic check of missed codes with purchase.[/QUOTE]
??? I was saying that I posted a link on this thread to the BBY forum page explaining how/when to get the Far Cry 3 codes and people were still confused about the process. The BBY forum page explains everything.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10243118&postcount=6014

[quote name='splattered']You might also want to mention that per Digital Foundry the PS3 version is the worst performing of the bunch... the PS3 is a tiny bit sharper in places but suffers in pretty much other category including framerate and foilage pop in etc... it also has black borders all around the entire image where the 360 has black borders only vertically on the sides. Also shadows have a severe screen door effect to them whereas the 360 shadows look normal.

Neither version runs perfect... both have serious performance issues, but the 360 is definitely a little better.

I'd rather take the 360 version and hope for a delayed co-op DLC release later on down the road but maybe that's just me.[/QUOTE]
http://engineroom.ubi.com/the-spus-are-hungry-maximizing-spu-efficiency-on-far-cry-3/

I usually buy games on PS3 since they are on blu-ray discs instead of dvds for durability reasons. But Far Cry 3 is heavily optimized to the PS3s hardware so I doubt its a crap port.

No problem getting my DLC printed right on the receipt and sent to my email. Just showed him the sku from the link (Thanks!). The reality is the DLC is prompted every time you exchange a pre-order. It is up to the employee to actually add it to the receipt instead of ignoring it like most do.

[quote name='klimb22']??? I was saying that I posted a link on this thread to the BBY forum page explaining how/when to get the Far Cry 3 codes and people were still confused about the process. The BBY forum page explains everything.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10243118&postcount=6014[/QUOTE]

Ah sorry, thought you meant the BB mods didn't care. I've seen people complain when they didn't get a response after 30 min.

[quote name='klimb22']No one seemed to care and/or pay attention when I posted that on the last page.[/QUOTE]

On my phone and hadn't gone back far, but hey, release day, it could almost stand to be every other post ;)

[quote name='cancerman1120']No problem getting my DLC printed right on the receipt and sent to my email. Just showed him the sku from the link (Thanks!). The reality is the DLC is prompted every time you exchange a pre-order. It is up to the employee to actually add it to the receipt instead of ignoring it like most do.[/QUOTE]

That's the second "trick" they need to do. The first is to get them to actually ring it as an exchange :whee:

Can't wait for the new pre-order system

I havent received my code either for far cry 3 which is weird because wen i preordered ac3 the code came rite away at 1am on oct 30th

Quit complaining if you didn't get your code right away. You're supposed to wait 24-48 hours(that is if you didn't get it printed on your receipt, which I always ask the cashier for when I got to pick up my game), if you have recieved your code earlier in the past, good for you but that doesn't mean you're supposed to get it that early for every game you preorder. Some ppl get lucky and some ppl dont. If you haven't recieved it yet, just wait a couple days and then start complaining.

Now you know

[quote name='cancerman1120']I do not think he is saying it is a crap port. Only that digital foundry rated it the worst of the 3 but still very good.[/QUOTE]

Wait wait wait... heavily optimized for the PS3? Are you guys being serious here? Did you not read the article and reports from users on the web?

Is it a crap port? No. Is it a good port? No.

Definitely has major problems, as does the 360 version.. but the PS3 version is the worst one out of the bunch. Worst one. Worst. How is that "Heavily Optimized"

[quote name='Zolor23']How does one go about PMing BO2? When does the window end?[/QUOTE]
BB will have it on sale next week for $49.99. Since it was released after Nov. 4 you have until January 24, 2013 to PM.

Well I sent a PM to the gaming forum mods yesterday about the preorder code...

I woke up this morning to 3 emails, one saying I had a private message, and he other 2 saying something along the lines of "the Far Cry 3 access code you requested.."

So I open them up, and lo and behold they're for 360 instead of the PS3 which I had in my message title to them, and each code was 3x4x4x4x4....I have no idea what console that is for, because it most certainly isn't compatible with PS3 or 360...

I politely replied back to the PM I received and asked if they could just send out the correct code, ONCE.

[quote name='splattered']Wait wait wait... heavily optimized for the PS3? Are you guys being serious here? Did you not read the article and reports from users on the web?

Is it a crap port? No. Is it a good port? No.

Definitely has major problems, as does the 360 version.. but the PS3 version is the worst one out of the bunch. Worst one. Worst. How is that "Heavily Optimized"[/QUOTE]

I am assuming you meant to quote the guy who linked the article about the ps3 optimization since I never said that.

Can someone help me out? I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (not for me I hate the game lol) for my friend and brother. I pre-ordered one copy in store and another on Bestbuy.com for in store pickup. I never got my $20 for pre-ordering the one online. Is the pre-order bonus of $20 an in store only deal or something? Any help is appreciated!

the code is entered in Far Cry's in game menu.. thats why the codes looks different.

[quote name='jcp42877']Well I sent a PM to the gaming forum mods yesterday about the preorder code...

I woke up this morning to 3 emails, one saying I had a private message, and he other 2 saying something along the lines of "the Far Cry 3 access code you requested.."

So I open them up, and lo and behold they're for 360 instead of the PS3 which I had in my message title to them, and each code was 3x4x4x4x4....I have no idea what console that is for, because it most certainly isn't compatible with PS3 or 360...

I politely replied back to the PM I received and asked if they could just send out the correct code, ONCE.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Can someone help me out? I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (not for me I hate the game lol) for my friend and brother. I pre-ordered one copy in store and another on Bestbuy.com for in store pickup. I never got my $20 for pre-ordering the one online. Is the pre-order bonus of $20 an in store only deal or something? Any help is appreciated![/QUOTE]

the $20 bonus is one per a game title..

I used a $20 RZ cert to pay for FC3 with In Store Pick Up. Can I still PM if it goes on sale? I figured I would be able to because on my first receipt it was listed as $59.99, but then the lady at the store gave me a smaller receipt that said "FarCry 3 - $39.99" so I'm not really sure right now.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Can someone help me out? I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (not for me I hate the game lol) for my friend and brother. I pre-ordered one copy in store and another on Bestbuy.com for in store pickup. I never got my $20 for pre-ordering the one online. Is the pre-order bonus of $20 an in store only deal or something? Any help is appreciated![/QUOTE]u needed 2 RZ accounts & 2 GCU memberships to recieve 2 $20 credits.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I used a $20 RZ cert to pay for FC3 with In Store Pick Up. Can I still PM if it goes on sale? I figured I would be able to because on my first receipt it was listed as $59.99, but then the lady at the store gave me a smaller receipt that said "FarCry 3 - $39.99" so I'm not really sure right now.[/QUOTE]Yes, u can pm but b/c u did in-store P?U ur going to have to call & get the pm. Anything done in-store will require a return/rebuy thus nuking the $20. They will put the difference back in ur RZ account.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

This thread will be locked since all the 2012 $20 RZ cert. titles have been released. It has been a great promotion, and further discussion can be done in the 2013 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back