CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kayne2000']may get crysis 2. having just beat the first one and all.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the original Crysis is still better than most FPS games out right now. I'm extremely excited for the third one. The sequel is pretty good too. "Cloak Engaged"

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Can we PM this online? Or pickup in store? Going to go by one and will be passing one on the way back tonight...[/QUOTE]
What are you trying to PM? You can only pick-up a pre-owned game in-store if its available, not all stores have them in stock.

I loved Crysis 2, still own it on PS3...although I've been trying to figure out a way to swap it with a 360 copy to go for some of the achievements.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Honestly, the original Crysis is still better than most FPS games out right now. I'm extremely excited for the third one. The sequel is pretty good too. "Cloak Engaged"[/QUOTE]
That whole Dr. Claw-esque voice for the suit annoyed the crap outta me when I was playing the game.:booty: Cloak Engaged.:bomb:

Crysis 2 is easily the best 2 buck game I've ever bought. (Thank you Gamer Mag). Even for the 9 bucks it is now I would say it's worth it if you haven't played it. I would actually say that about every game on the list this week. I think the prices are a little high for a "must buy" if it's just going in your backlog but if there's one you haven't played that your interested in the prces aint bad if you are unlocked and are RZ Silver.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Honestly, the original Crysis is still better than most FPS games out right now. I'm extremely excited for the third one. The sequel is pretty good too. "Cloak Engaged"[/QUOTE]

it wasnt bad. it would of been better if the damn thing was stable didnt like to randomly crash on the PC.

sale prices don't show up instore- clerk has to do a manual override which negates the gcu 10% off stack. just a heads up. anyhoo, picked up crysis 2 in store- looks brand new.

[quote name='technicalstylez']sale prices don't show up instore- clerk has to do a manual override which negates the gcu 10% off stack. just a heads up. anyhoo, picked up crysis 2 in store- looks brand new.[/QUOTE]I've had to pm all these sales the last month or so in-store

[quote name='Brother Daz']I've had to pm all these sales the last month or so in-store[/QUOTE]

Same here. It's always a hassle to get the manager to do an override to get your 10% bonus.

The last B1G1/DotD overlap + 10% bonus worked with online and instore pickup (gotta find one with inventory) for me. That not working this time, nothing of interest to me this time ?

Got my games from last weeks b2g1 today . DA Origins ps3 and Darksiders Xbow both complete and near perfect. College Hoops 2K8 PS3 was disc only with a Hasting sticker on it. Not bad for $10 that was covered by my store closing coupon.

[quote name='mrclutch']Got my games from last weeks b2g1 today . DA Origins ps3 and Darksiders Xbow both complete and near perfect. College Hoops 2K8 PS3 was disc only with a Hasting sticker on it. Not bad for $10 that was covered by my store closing coupon.[/QUOTE]

Nice. My order placed 5/16 "shipped" on 5/17 with a UPS tracking. Today, I'm still getting this from UPS:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

I'm hoping its just a UPS miscommunication and not that they still haven't received my package.

Sooooo, remember how last week there was a B2G1 free promo but they didn't add it online until like late?
I did an order on Sunday anyways and called in to have them credit the free game back to me.
They just credited it back to me today but the thing is...they credited me back $17.44 (highest) instead of $14.53 (lowest priced game). Which I'm happy cause yay extra $3 back, but the game I bought [The Orange Box] disc is loose in the case (still haven't opened it) and I want to exchange it (for another copy or another game), you think I'll have any problems with that since it technically is the free game?

Can't imagine they'll give you and grief if you're just exchanging it. If you want a refund on it you'll probably have to turn all three games in though.

crysis 2 in store rings up as 24.99 at least in my area not 9.99. they have to PM to the website. thankfully there was someone near by that knew what they were doing and could apply the 10% also.

[quote name='kayne2000']crysis 2 in store rings up as 24.99 at least in my area not 9.99. they have to PM to the website. thankfully there was someone near by that knew what they were doing and could apply the 10% also.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happen to me today but they seemed to retarded to look at the site so I got frustrated and said I didnt want it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Same thing happen to me today but they seemed to retarded to look at the site so I got frustrated and said I didnt want it.[/QUOTE]

well luckily for me the guy was already looking at the site for something else. so that wasnt an issue. also it was the gamer guy which helped. and there were like 2 other people by him that knew there stuff.

i just got lucky cause if i have to take it to the main cash register(the non gaming ones) i get hit with all kinds of BS constantly.

on a side note WTF does best buy do to their used games. they look brand new seriously. compared to the 6 used i just got at gamestop after doing trades....none look like they are so bad they wont play but still...

[quote name='kayne2000']well luckily for me the guy was already looking at the site for something else. so that wasnt an issue. also it was the gamer guy which helped. and there were like 2 other people by him that knew there stuff.

i just got lucky cause if i have to take it to the main cash register(the non gaming ones) i get hit with all kinds of BS constantly.

on a side note WTF does best buy do to their used games. they look brand new seriously. compared to the 6 used i just got at gamestop after doing trades....none look like they are so bad they wont play but still...[/QUOTE]
Best Buy resurfaces all the discs they get, they probably own some crazy good resurface machine.
Refurbished, resurfaced, repackaged to like-new condition and guaranteed to work

[quote name='htz']Best Buy resurfaces all the discs they get, they probably own some crazy good resurface machine.[/QUOTE]
Not only that, but the games I've bought from there come with absurdly clean cases as well. No stickyness, no wear or tear or anything.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Not only that, but the games I've bought from there come with absurdly clean cases as well. No stickyness, no wear or tear or anything.[/QUOTE]

this!!!! though i suspect this all might be because best buy has less 8 year olds trading in piles of games so the odds of the games and cases being torn beyond repair are a lot lower. dont get me wrong adults can and do abuse their shiny new toys but an adult is less likely to do so as opposed to an 8 year old.

still i do love the 8 year olds trading in 50 games to gamestop(even if i laugh at them and remeber i did that too at age...ok i was 12 not 8) gives them plenty of ammo for their 9.99 and under pile for me to entertain myself with.

but yea must be one hell of a resurface machine.

Got my shipment yesterday, all for Xbox. Fallout NV and Mirrors Edge look great. ST:FU2 is good but didn't have an original box/manual. Doesn't matter since it plays fine, but still.

Happy with all three!!!

OK. So I have a B2G1 Free Coupon and there are two games I want to buy. Would they allow me to just pick up a dead weight game and then exchange it for a DOTW next week or the following week?

Edit: bought it off Glyde for even cheaper than a B2G1 Free. MW2 for only 6.25

On Bestbuy used copies looking so great, they send the games to an outside company for resurfacing. This was the answer I got when I asked an employee about the quality of the used copies.

Thinking about picking up GTA IV. I have never played it (gasps all around). I didn't like Red Dead Redemption, and thought LA Noire was mediocre. So my question is, is GTA IV still worth playing? $7.99 sounds like a good price for metacritics highest rated game ever.

Is this game just going to make me want to play Saints Row 3, which I love?

[quote name='Dark Rider']Thinking about picking up GTA IV. I have never played it (gasps all around). I didn't like Red Dead Redemption, and thought LA Noire was mediocre. So my question is, is GTA IV still worth playing? $7.99 sounds like a good price for metacritics highest rated game ever.

Is this game just going to make me want to play Saints Row 3, which I love?[/QUOTE]
GTA IV took more of a serious turn as opposed to the prior games in the series, if you ask me. It's still a fun title, but without as much over the top stuff as the series used to have.

To me the only redeeming part of the game was the online multiplayer and the glitches you could screw around with in that.

Otherwise I found the main story to be dull/boring and all of the side stories to be predictable and just as boring.

But for $8 you should get your moneys' worth. Just don't expect there to be a lot of replay value unless you do the mp. Cops & Crooks and Turf War are among the best of the mp modes, along with my personal favorite of Free Mode.

[quote name='kayne2000']well luckily for me the guy was already looking at the site for something else. so that wasnt an issue. also it was the gamer guy which helped. and there were like 2 other people by him that knew there stuff.

on a side note WTF does best buy do to their used games. they look brand new seriously. compared to the 6 used i just got at gamestop after doing trades....none look like they are so bad they wont play but still...[/QUOTE]

I picked up GTA4 today and had to deal with an idiot customer service girl...game rang up at $17 at the cashier so I told him about the sale and he said ok CS just needs to confirm it. So the girl does god knows what and comes back and tells me its $17 and the 7.99 is a different game. So I pulled out my phone and pulled up the website and showed the other CS rep who was much more helpful and got the gmae for $8 finally...BB needs to streamline this process lol. :lol:

[quote name='legioner07']I picked up GTA4 today and had to deal with an idiot customer service girl...game rang up at $17 at the cashier so I told him about the sale and he said ok CS just needs to confirm it. So the girl does god knows what and comes back and tells me its $17 and the 7.99 is a different game. So I pulled out my phone and pulled up the website and showed the other CS rep who was much more helpful and got the gmae for $8 finally...BB needs to streamline this process lol. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Is there a link to this on BB's website? How do I get to it? I was at the mercy of the dumb cashier and luckily this chick came through and fixed it.

EDIT: If I show them the price on the website they PM? Is that policy for them?

I had the same problem with the game ringing up for $17. Luckily I told the cashier it was $8 on their site, and she looked it up right then and there on her register, took a few minutes and I was off. Well worth the $8 if you ask me. And yes, the multiplayer still has tons of players online. Very fun, especially when you grab the choppers and just cause havoc everywhere.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']GTA IV took more of a serious turn as opposed to the prior games in the series, if you ask me. It's still a fun title, but without as much over the top stuff as the series used to have.

To me the only redeeming part of the game was the online multiplayer and the glitches you could screw around with in that.

Otherwise I found the main story to be dull/boring and all of the side stories to be predictable and just as boring.

But for $8 you should get your moneys' worth. Just don't expect there to be a lot of replay value unless you do the mp. Cops & Crooks and Turf War are among the best of the mp modes, along with my personal favorite of Free Mode.[/QUOTE]

The MP was ok in my opinion. I had friends who only wanted to play Free Mode, and I would never play it. Now the co-op missions were pretty fun. Purple can say whatever they want regarding the story, I thoroughly enjoyed it. If they didn't include MP, I'd be fine with that. That's another story though.

I got my games from last week's B2G1 deal, shockingly all 3 came with original boxes! Score!

EDIT: In opening them, I'd swear all 3 of them were new. Does Best Buy ever send out new instead of used?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The MP was ok in my opinion. I had friends who only wanted to play Free Mode, and I would never play it. Now the co-op missions were pretty fun. Purple can say whatever they want regarding the story, I thoroughly enjoyed it. If they didn't include MP, I'd be fine with that. That's another story though.[/QUOTE]
That's all I really play most times as far as GTA IV mp is concerned(Free Mode). I usually set up my own game so it has my settings(cops ON, friendly fire OFF), yet 9 times outta 10 I STILL end up with lil trolls coming in to try playing it like deathmatch.

I mean, ffs, you wanna go hunt down n kill other people then go play deathmatch. I play FM to fuck around with glitches and fly/drive around while listening to the music n what not on the in-game radio.;)
[quote name='htz']I just couldn't get into GTA4 due to how poor the graphics looked on my hdtv.[/QUOTE]
If you're playing GTA games for the graphics, then you're doing it wrong.:razz: But even I noticed how crappy some of it looks on an HDtv now that I have a bigger tv. The trees are giant boxes essentially, for one.

But I've started to only play GTA when my friends do, since I'm trying to finish Just Cause 2 now. That game is an absolute blast to play.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I got my games from last week's B2G1 deal, shockingly all 3 came with original boxes! Score!

EDIT: In opening them, I'd swear all 3 of them were new. Does Best Buy ever send out new instead of used?[/QUOTE]
They have a world class disk resurfacer. Not even kidding that why they have to send out all their used games.

[quote name='Jay']Do used games come complete i'm thinking ordering gta 4?[/QUOTE]

Roll some dice. I have had it go both ways. I the brightside, if you pick it up in a store with multiple copies, you could exchange it for a compete copy.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I got my games from last week's B2G1 deal, shockingly all 3 came with original boxes! Score!

EDIT: In opening them, I'd swear all 3 of them were new. Does Best Buy ever send out new instead of used?[/QUOTE]

I bought like 10+ used games from Best Buy this week. I never bought any before....and I started with the DOTW ones and went on to other cheap ones....

the first 7 or so were PERFECT....made me question GameStop's existence. Some of them you can tell they resurface because there were particles on the bottom of the disc....but awesome condition. Cases, manual, disc...

then today I bought my other 3 and 2 were missing manuals........so all in all I'm very impressed but I'm going to think harder now.....at least GS you can see if there a manual or not.

u can see if the manual is inside by looking thru the top of the game case

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I bought like 10+ used games from Best Buy this week. I never bought any before....and I started with the DOTW ones and went on to other cheap ones....

the first 7 or so were PERFECT....made me question GameStop's existence. Some of them you can tell they resurface because there were particles on the bottom of the disc....but awesome condition. Cases, manual, disc...

then today I bought my other 3 and 2 were missing manuals........so all in all I'm very impressed but I'm going to think harder now.....at least GS you can see if there a manual or not.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about manuals...when they don't come with the game it ticks me off. When they do come with the game I NEVER look at them.

New Games Week of 5/27

:360:

Brink $9.99
NBA2k11 $9.99
Assassin's Creed II $9.99
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 $12.99
Red Dead Redemption $14.99
Dead Island $14.99

:ps3:

NBA2k11 $9.99
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 $12.99
Dead Island $14.99