Best Buy VG Ad 11-13 to 11-19

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Here is the games section of the ad... credit goes to DVDfile.com whose message boards I ripped this off from (thanks to DVDdriven)

Gamecube:
The following are 2 for $30:
Simpsons Hit & Run
Sonic The Hedgehog Heroes
Super Mario Sunshine
X-Men Legends

Nintendo DS:
Mario Kart DS - $34.99
Tony Hawk's American Sk8land - $39.99

PlayStation 2:
The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe w/movie ticket - $49.99

ATV Off Road Fury 3
Jak 3
Killzone
Sly 2: Band Of Thieves

Xbox:
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Halo (Combat Evolved)
Splinter Cell
Star Wars Battlefront

Look, TSD even got credit!! http://forums.dvdfile.com/showthread.php?p=737280#post737280

Thanks for the list.

I'm very disappointed how expensive Tony Hawk DS and Mario Kart is though.

I was really expecting $29.99 sale prices. I guess they feel people will gobble up Mario Kart at any price.

In other news, it's good to see that Best Buy is promoting the new Fable: The Lost Chapters. After no one having it in stock since it's release, retailers are finally getting it in.

[quote name='Requiem']I was really expecting $29.99 sale prices. I guess they feel people will gobble up Mario Kart at any price.[/QUOTE]

Look at how long SSB:Melee stayed @ $29.99... Hell, isn't Mario Kart: DD still at $49.99?

Unfortunately, they never seem to discount the first party marquee titles. Kinda like the XBox with Halo taking forever to drop...

I was just at Best Buy today. They had a bunch of $10 games. I picked up Spy vs. Spy and Ford Mustang Racing for XB for $9.99 each. Basically, each system (GBA, PS2, and XB) had five or six cheap titles. I can't remember all the titles, but keep an eye out. If nothing else, they might make some cheap presents for nephews and nieces.

Also, saw the USB Extender for PS2 for $2.99. Should also work with PC. It's about as cheap a USB hub as you'll ever find. Only USB 1.1, but it's good for keeping your USB keyboard, mouse, gamepad, etc. from taking up all your ports.

I don't think a Nintendo first party title has ever gone on sale the week of release.

Meh, MKDS will likely be worth it, at least for me. :p

[quote name='BIG5']2 for $30 at BB is only for non CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Or ones too lazy to grab some GGCs or $5 off PS2 game coupons.

[quote name='Dkellar']Or ones too lazy to grab some GGCs or $5 off PS2 game coupons.[/QUOTE]
I'm never too lazy to save. I print those coupons off by the sheet.

[quote name='BIG5']I'm never too lazy to save. I print those coupons off by the sheet.[/QUOTE]

Well, I tend to just randomly go into Best Buy or GS/EB from time to time, so I don't usually have the $5 off PS2 game coupon on hand. Thankfully my Best Buy has several GGC laying around when I need one.

[quote name='D. Monic']I was just at Best Buy today. They had a bunch of $10 games. I picked up Spy vs. Spy and Ford Mustang Racing for XB for $9.99 each. Basically, each system (GBA, PS2, and XB) had five or six cheap titles. I can't remember all the titles, but keep an eye out. If nothing else, they might make some cheap presents for nephews and nieces.

Also, saw the USB Extender for PS2 for $2.99. Should also work with PC. It's about as cheap a USB hub as you'll ever find. Only USB 1.1, but it's good for keeping your USB keyboard, mouse, gamepad, etc. from taking up all your ports.[/QUOTE]

Those games are horrible anyways you should have check out circuit city last week burnout 3 was really good for $10 along with namco museum and rainbow 6. check your ads because no joke walmarthas ford racing 3 along with 2 other games for $10. Dont waste time with bestbuy.

on those 2 for $30, the ad says over 100 (or 200 or 300, I don't know) more titles available...though it doesn't specify which titles apply...whether it's all $19.99 titles or what

ps: thanks for giving them credit for giving me credit...i've never even heard of dvdfile before...they must be pretty cool though, at least cooler than vgtalk (now gamer's cartel)...vgtalk ip banned me because i questioned why they didn't credit CAG and/or me for the ads they were ripping from us

from the looks of things on their website...the 2 for $30 applies to all GH, PC & PH...though I didn't do a thorough search because i'm tired as fuck after just getting home from work

I tihnk BB had Nintendogs at $29 the first week.

I have a feeling Fry's might sell Mario Kart for $27 or so. They usually do that.

The BB Website just shows the regular version of Fable Lost Chapters, so I defintely wouldn't order online if you wanted to make sure you get the new version.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']really weak........guess they're waiting til Black Friday to have good things on sale[/QUOTE]

best buy dont have crap on sale black friday just a bunch of old junk titles they cant sell off..

about nintendo dogs i think they had it at 29.99 + 5 buck gift card the first week.

sadly no dragon quest 8 anyplace ( I think cause it wasnt to come out till NOV 22 but got pushed up (says nov 22 in mag ads)

I'm glad that there isn't a deal on Mario Kart this week. I'm waiting to pick up the bundle that ocntains it and I don't want anything tempting me beforehand.

Online Best Buy is offering 2 for $30 bucks on all Platium Hits, Greatest hits, etc. I dont know if thats true in the store.

[quote name='Xevious']Online Best Buy is offering 2 for $30 bucks on all Platium Hits, Greatest hits, etc. I dont know if thats true in the store.[/QUOTE]

I think it should be, the ad says "over 150 additional titles available in store or at BestBuy.com"

[quote name='Dkellar']Well, I tend to just randomly go into Best Buy or GS/EB from time to time, so I don't usually have the $5 off PS2 game coupon on hand. Thankfully my Best Buy has several GGC laying around when I need one.[/QUOTE]
Keep some in your car or your wallet/man purse.

Can you use GGC's on 2 for $30's? I never bought any 2 for $30 games at BB. I wanna get Fable: TLC if they really have it since it says so in the ad.

[quote name='CaoPi']2 for 30? these were always for that price with a ggc.[/QUOTE]
Except a lot of stores, mine included, got rid of the GGCs with the $5-off-$19.99+ coupons after they sold out of them. I have one GGC left, and two games they show are ones I want...so I'll be making a stop by Best Buy to pick up those games with this deal. Then I don't have to waste my GGC on something I can get for the same price anyway (not to mention who wants to go through getting 2 extra GGCs when they don't have to?).

Also, Rewardzone Certs can be used with ANY purchase in the store. It works for this deal just as well as it does with the GGC.

[quote name='Roufuss']In other news, it's good to see that Best Buy is promoting the new Fable: The Lost Chapters. After no one having it in stock since it's release, retailers are finally getting it in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought my BB didn't have it in stock because they just had the regular fable in the green box. But I checked out the PH section and tlc was there too so you might want to check both places just in case.

[quote name='111111']wow so tony hawk is the first ds game to hit the 40 dollar range then huh[/QUOTE]

Nope, Star Wars Revenge of the Sith has been 40 bucks for a loooooong time, and Ultimate Spider Man is 40 bucks. There's a disturbing trend of DS games being 40 bucks just because there happens to be a GBA version of the game at 30 bucks.

[quote name='SpoDaddy']Nope, Star Wars Revenge of the Sith has been 40 bucks for a loooooong time, and Ultimate Spider Man is 40 bucks. There's a disturbing trend of DS games being 40 bucks just because there happens to be a GBA version of the game at 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Madden NFL 2005 was $40 and it was a launch game. Sims 2 DS is the first EA game I can recall not being $40 at release (it is $35). The price range for the DS has always been $30-$40. The highest I've seen a Nintendo release, though, is $35 (Wario Ware: Twisted!, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Mario Kart DS).

As for the Star Wars price, most people who wanted that game (and were CAGs) picked it up with the numerous $25 sales (even one at Best Buy, which would've made it $20 w/ GGC) back in May/June.

I'll be picking Mario Kart DS up for $30 w/ GGC, but I'll wait to see if there are any sales on the Tony Hawk game.

Does anyone know what the MSRP is on San Andreas and if $30 is a decent price for it? Can't really find it online so all I have to go off is that BB's site says sale.

[quote name='mick16']The BB Website just shows the regular version of Fable Lost Chapters, so I defintely wouldn't order online if you wanted to make sure you get the new version.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I saw Fable: the Lost Chapters at my local BB. Too bad there's nothing else on their 2 for $30 sale I'd like to get - aside from another copy of Fable as trade bait. Hmmmm...

Disapointingly my BB had a really poor selection of console games let alone any Fable TLC. They've never had everything but at least a pretty decent selection so it was kind of surprising. Has anyone elses store set up a cage by the game section that has the vast majority of the games in it? So hard to browse that way, I don't even want to imagine trying to get stuff out of it during the Christmas rush.

I bought 22 ps2 games on the buy 2 for 30. They told me it was all $19.99 games. Out of the 22, 20 of them came up $15.00 each and 2 of them came up $19.99. The cashier called a manager and she said they should have came up $15.00 too and she manually adjusted the price.

[quote name='slidecage']best buy dont have crap on sale black friday just a bunch of old junk titles they cant sell off..

about nintendo dogs i think they had it at 29.99 + 5 buck gift card the first week.

sadly no dragon quest 8 anyplace ( I think cause it wasnt to come out till NOV 22 but got pushed up (says nov 22 in mag ads)[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was hoping for a DQ8 deal somewhere, but I guess I might have to go full price on this one. (Well, 5 dollars off with the PS2 coupon...but still)

[quote name='Requiem']Thanks for the list.

I'm very disappointed how expensive Tony Hawk DS and Mario Kart is though.

I was really expecting $29.99 sale prices. I guess they feel people will gobble up Mario Kart at any price.[/QUOTE]
You're telling me you're not willing to pay an extra $5 for a game that you know is going to be enjoyable and that's going to give you months or years of play? The DS wireless is going to add a lot to the game, and that alone would be worth the extra.

fuck the CAG mentality. Nintendo's titles are, more often than not, entirely worth the extra money.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']You're telling me you're not willing to pay an extra $5 for a game that you know is going to be enjoyable and that's going to give you months or years of play? The DS wireless is going to add a lot to the game, and that alone would be worth the extra.

fuck the CAG mentality. Nintendo's titles are, more often than not, entirely worth the extra money.[/QUOTE]

Well, you're right, it is just an extra $5.

I'm just trying to cut costs all around. Between this, Black Friday, the DDD 20% off sale, and having bought a $200 mp3 player, I'm trying to save as much as I can. It's really not my fault that thriftiness is in my blood.

[quote name='catsmeow31']I bought 22 ps2 games on the buy 2 for 30. They told me it was all $19.99 games. Out of the 22, 20 of them came up $15.00 each and 2 of them came up $19.99. The cashier called a manager and she said they should have came up $15.00 too and she manually adjusted the price.[/QUOTE]

o_O And you really need to hang out around here?!? ;-)

As far as Nintendo goes let 'em price it however the please initially, and we're lucky all DS games aren't $35 since that's where the GBA games during it's early days, my problem is that it takes them forever to drop anything and then it's still overpriced. Look at SSBM, it's still $30 and it's almost as old as the system. Granted it still sells at that price but it's lame none the less.

[quote name='BIG5']I'm never too lazy to save. I print those coupons off by the sheet.[/QUOTE]

Based on previous experiences with my local BB in MA, I thought they frowned upon the printed out coupons. I was there last weekend, and they had a stack of the pre-printed coupons out on a table near all of the PS2/PSP games/accessories. With some other regular coupons.

I was there for something else, but ended up picking up Ghost Recon 2 for PS2 for $9.99 - $5.00 = $4.99 + tax.

bread's done
Back