[size=+3]Best Buy[/size]
iconbestbuy.gif
for the Week of 6/26 thru 7/2

Double RZ Program Points on ALL Advertised Video Games

FREE Summer GamePRO Guide
  • Over $100 in coupons
  • FREE in our video gaming department
  • See the most anticipated games of 2005

Get Spider-Man 2 or X-Men Legends for PS2 or Xbox for $9.99 (regular $19.99) when you buy any version of Fantastic 4. Offer varies online. Go to BestBuy.com/f4 for a cheat code that unlocks an additional level of gameplay.

iconxbox_r2.gif
[size=+2]Xbox[/size]
iconxbox_r2.gif

$49.99
Fantastic 4 Available Tuesday FREE Fantastic 4 CD Sampler INSTANTLY with purchase. In store only.
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Juiced: Precision Street Racing

iconps2_r2.gif
[size=+2]PS2[/size]
iconps2_r2.gif

$49.99
Fantastic 4 Available Tuesday FREE Fantastic 4 CD Sampler INSTANTLY with purchase. In store only.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Juiced: Precision Street Racing

icongamecube.gif
[size=+2]GameCube[/size]
icongamecube.gif

$49.99

icongbasp_r1.gif
[size=+2]GBA[/size]
icongbasp_r1.gif

$79.99
Game Boy Advance SP colors vary by store
$19.99
Madagascar

iconpsp_r2.gif
[size=+2]PSP[/size]
iconpsp_r2.gif

$49.99
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Available Thursday
$44.99
PSP Battery Pack
$39.99
Dead to Rights Reckoning
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
$24.99
PSP 32MB Memory Stick Duo

iconpcwin.gif
[size=+2]PC[/size]
iconpcwin.gif

$199.99
NVidia GeForce 6600 GT 256MB DDR AGP Graphics Card FREE PC Game of your choice Instantly with purchase up to $49.99 value
$79.99
MicroSoft Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade
$39.99
Empire Earth II
Half-Life 2
RYL: Path of the Emperor
$29.99
Roller Coaster Tycoon
$24.99
Everquest II
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Soaked Expansion Pack
Fantastic 4 Available Tuesday FREE Fantastic 4 CD Sampler Included
$19.99
Doom 3
$14.99
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil Expansion Pack

DVD ad here

MUSIC ad here

Wow that GeForce 6600GT is lookin good... too bad I already bought one 3 weeks ago from NewEgg for $177.50 shipped. Mine only has 128MB though how sad.

Just pickup X-Men Legend & Spider Man 2 from last week deal for $10 each and not worry to pickup Fantastic 4 on release date. It should Drop down $10 in the next 6 months but still have to check the Review b4 I pickup.

I'm glad those deals suck because my wallet is hurting BIG TIME...

I appreciate the OP posting this thread though.

[quote name='Xevious']I'm glad those deals suck because my wallet is hurting BIG TIME...

I appreciate the OP posting this thread though.[/QUOTE]

For once, no good deals is a good thing. :lol:

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Wow that GeForce 6600GT is lookin good... too bad I already bought one 3 weeks ago from NewEgg for $177.50 shipped. Mine only has 128MB though how sad.[/QUOTE]

Can you return it?

I wish that video card deal wasn't right in the middle of the DDD sale, or I'd definately consider it.

Getting that with Battlefield 2 for free would be fucking awesome.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Damn, no deals on Meteos (DS). Thanks for posting, OP.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy seems to not want to support the DS.

When other companies have been having new games for less (Kirby for 29.99 at CC last week) Best Buy either puts it up at MSRP, and dosen't even devote a spot to it in the ad.

Meteos is one of the big games for June / July, yet Best buy has no mention of it. I guarantee they'll have an ad and probably a sale price for Coded Arms for PSP on the week of it's release, however.

[quote name='Roufuss']Best Buy seems to not want to support the DS.

When other companies have been having new games for less (Kirby for 29.99 at CC last week) Best Buy either puts it up at MSRP, and dosen't even devote a spot to it in the ad.

Meteos is one of the big games for June / July, yet Best buy has no mention of it. I guarantee they'll have an ad and probably a sale price for Coded Arms for PSP on the week of it's release, however.[/QUOTE]

I'll raise you one better, Best Buy doesn't want to support Nintendo.

Why? Let me tell you why:

* No real ad space for the DS in the weekly flyer
* MSRP on just about every DS game
* No more $5 off GBA titles on week of launch
* No Nintendo-type GGC for the $5 off $29.99 or more
* Slowly shrinking GC section
* Slowly shrinking GBA section
* Barely any shelf space for the DS

That 6600GT card is a great deal for anyone looking to upgrade. Even the 128 meg version is good enough for every game on the market at high settings. If you were planning on picking up Battlefield 2 or any other new game, you might as well upgrade your graphics card while you're at it!

Nothing for me but I will stop in to pick up that Summer Gamepro Guide. Hopefully there'll be a 20% off DVD coupon and other coupons similar to last years in the Madden Coupon book.

[quote name='Edge']That 6600GT card is a great deal for anyone looking to upgrade. Even the 128 meg version is good enough for every game on the market at high settings. If you were planning on picking up Battlefield 2 or any other new game, you might as well upgrade your graphics card while you're at it![/QUOTE]

And get BF2 for free while you're at it.

[quote name='mingglf']How does Nvidia 6600gt AGP compare to XFX 6600gt AGP (other than the RAM)?[/QUOTE]

Nvidia doesn't make their own cards, it's most likely a BFG card, being at BB.

Should be the same, maybe very minor differences.

$49.99 for PSP Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition?

It'd be sweet to play it on the go but at that price, I'll stick with the big brother version (XB) for now.

[quote name='rafissaying']any ideas of what are in those coupons they are giving away? if its nothing special, then this week will be a no go at BB.[/QUOTE]

Those might be in-store already. I know someone posted about picking up the DVD Insider coupon book the week before it was in the ad.

tempted to buy the GPU, but ill probably pass since i would need a new PSU, and it just becomes to pricey. would rather spend that $250 w/PSU for next generation console gaming

There are just a bunch of $5 off coupons. But they only work with regular prices, not sales or price matches (which sucks).
I don't remember all of the games that were represented on the coupons, but there was a mix of pre-release games like America's Army and Rainbow Six: Lockdown, along with games available now like Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee.

[quote name='sabin23']$49.99 for PSP Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition?

It'd be sweet to play it on the go but at that price, I'll stick with the big brother version (XB) for now.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that, too. At $39, that was gonna be a release day purchase for my game-starved psp. Now, I'm gonna have to wait for some really good impressions (or a sale) before I pick that one up.

Toper

Yeah...that is definitely a decent deal on that card. Now if only I could find the 7800gtx for that price. *wishes* :)

I'm disappointed that there hasn't been a Meteos sale advertised anywhere. Looks like I'll be going to EB for that next Tuesday, since I have a $5 off coupon and a $10 gift voucher there.

No DS deals what so ever to speak of, No Meteos deals, no other good deals to speak of, G-d BB sucks.

If I didn't have this Giftcard that I just want to get rid of, then I would care at all about them.

Only thing I'm looking forward to is to pick up some of those Summer Gamepro Guides. Don't care about Gamepro too much, but what coupons are inside it are enticing me. Hopefully they'll be some of those 20% off DVD coupons like there were from the last sale. I used those on a ton of stuff that came out normal price and that I have yet to see a sale on (minus the DDD sale now). Stuff like Shaun of the Dead, etc. and I loved using it on sale stuff like when they had Dark Angel for either $19.99 or $15 (don't remember now).

If anybody has been able to pick up an early copy of the mag, please post what coupons/what's in it.

Thanks for the post TXboxGuY

[quote name='shrike4242']I'll raise you one better, Best Buy doesn't want to support Nintendo.

Why? Let me tell you why:

* No real ad space for the DS in the weekly flyer
* MSRP on just about every DS game
* No more $5 off GBA titles on week of launch
* No Nintendo-type GGC for the $5 off $29.99 or more
* Slowly shrinking GC section
* Slowly shrinking GBA section
* Barely any shelf space for the DS[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause: Bravo. I couldn't agree more with this summation of BB.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Those might be in-store already. I know someone posted about picking up the DVD Insider coupon book the week before it was in the ad.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that it is indeed in store now. (New York City area)
ALL coupons are $5 off- LIST :
Fantastic 4 -(PS2,Xbox,GC)
Incredible Hulk-(PS2,Xbox,GC)
Forza Motorsport or Jade Empire -(Xbox)
America's Army or Rainbow 6 Lockdown (PS2,Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GBA)
God of War(PS2)
Gran Turismo 4(PS2)
MLB 2006(PS2)
Twisted Metal: Head On( PSP)
Destroy all Humans (PS2,Xbox)
Major League Baseball 2k5 (PS2,Xbox)
Star Wars III (PS2,Xbox)
Metal Gear Acid (PSP)
Death Jr (PSP)
Killer 7(PS2,GC)
(This is on 1 coupon- Super Mario 64, Golden Eye:Rogue Agent, Need for Speed:Underground, Kirby's Canvas Curse, Star Wars III, or Nintendogs) (DS)

ACCESSORIES
Sony PS2 Dual Shock 2 Controller or Sony PS2 8MB memory card
Any Logitech Video Game Accessory
Game Dr. advanced or Game Dr. Automax
Hip Gear PSP Stero Station Plus or XBOX bluetooth Wireless Controller

speaking of bestbuy any idea when they would have the 2for30 greatist hits again?
i got a free 50 buck giftcard that i would love to get almost 4 games for

i am assuming they will run this deal regularly soon since next gen stuff is coming soon

thanks

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']:applause::applause::applause: Bravo. I couldn't agree more with this summation of BB.[/QUOTE]

I thought that the game companies 'bought' end caps and display space... right? Maybe Nintendo America does not think it's worth the money to buy shelf space at Best Buy?

[quote name='FuzTurtle']I can confirm that it is indeed in store now. (New York City area)
ALL coupons are $5 off- LIST :

Fire Emblem (GBA)
God of War(PS2))
Metal Gear Acid (PSP)
Death Jr (PSP)
Killer 7(PS2,GC)
(This is on 1 coupon- Super Mario 64, Golden Eye:Rogue Agent, Need for Speed:Underground, Kirby's Canvas Curse, Star Wars III, or Nintendogs) (DS)
[/QUOTE]

Those are some amazing coupons.. hell, $5 dollars off saves someone a GGC, and there is a YMMV they can even combine it for $10 off if they get lucky.

I know where I'm buying Death Jr. and Nintendogs on launch now.

This might even be worth it's own thread for the people who may not read this one?

I'm ~90% sure that there is no 256MB of the 6600GT (there are 256MB versions of the 6600 non-GT, though).

It's still a good deal. Although you are paying MSRP, you can get a $50 game (most people will probably go for BF2) for free

[quote name='Jawadali']I'm ~90% sure that there is no 256MB of the 6600GT (there are 256MB versions of the 6600 non-GT, though).

It's still a good deal. Although you are paying MSRP, you can get a $50 game (most people will probably go for BF2) for free[/QUOTE]

Shit I think he's right. Newegg didn't have any listed. Well I'm not getting it now.

There are 256meg 6600gt cards, but they're fairly rare (though ironically the 256meg 6600 standard is pretty common). Actually that did surprise me that they would have a sale on that...I've never seen one of the 256meg 6600gt cards in-store at Best Buy. Maybe they listed it wrong, or maybe the OP misread it. If it's the former, you might be able to get lucky and get them to sell you an even higher-end card for cheaper, or the 128 meg 6800gt for even less, since they wouldn't be able to honor what was shown in the ad.

[quote name='Edge']There are 256meg 6600gt cards, but they're fairly rare (though ironically the 256meg 6600 standard is pretty common). Actually that did surprise me that they would have a sale on that...I've never seen one of the 256meg 6600gt cards in-store at Best Buy. Maybe they listed it wrong, or maybe the OP misread it. If it's the former, you might be able to get lucky and get them to sell you an even higher-end card for cheaper, or the 128 meg 6800gt for even less, since they wouldn't be able to honor what was shown in the ad.[/QUOTE]

You're right... here it is and it was actually on NewEgg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150096

[quote name='soulwish2003']I thought that the game companies 'bought' end caps and display space... right? Maybe Nintendo America does not think it's worth the money to buy shelf space at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I always thought that that was only at the smaller boutique type stores like EB, Gamestop, GC, etc.

Hmm...Now that I see that there is a $5 off coupon for Fire Emblem, I"m hoping that I'll be able to find a not so bright cashier at BB and use it incombination with the GGC.

[quote name='Jawadali']I'm ~90% sure that there is no 256MB of the 6600GT (there are 256MB versions of the 6600 non-GT, though).

It's still a good deal. Although you are paying MSRP, you can get a $50 game (most people will probably go for BF2) for free[/QUOTE]

There are 256MB versions of the 6600GT:
From Asus: http://usa.asus.com/products/vga/n6600/overview.htm

Though, as BB tends to stock BFG products, it's most likely a 128MB card, and this one, if I had to guess, if it's a BFG card in the ad:
http://www.bfgtech.com/6600GT.html (BFG site link)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6970968&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01151&id=1099392683173 (Best Buy site link)

Or, hopefully, it could be this 256MB card they have for $199.99 from PNY:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7212679&type=product&id=1113954027220
Which is even stranger, since PNY doesn't list a 256MB card on their site:
http://www.pny.com/products/verto/performance/6600gtagp8x.asp

My suggestion is look at the ad very carefully and double-check what they're giving out during the sale.

I'll be picking up the 6600 IF it's a 256, I've been dying to upgrade my crap card (it's the very last thing I need to complete my beast of a desktop), and I'd grab BF2 with it. If it's a 128, I may just get a 6800 from newegg.

bread's done
Back