Best Buy VG price reductions

Rhife

CAGiversary!
I'm an employee at a Best Buy, so I get the honor of seeing what deals come in. Here's what I can remember:

XIII (PS2, Cube, Xbox)-29.99
Spawn: Armageddon (PS2, Cube, Xbox)-29.99
ESPN College Hoops (PS2, Xbox)-39.99
Castlevania (PS2)-29.99

Today a list of closeout games came in.
While the prices haven't changed, I expect them to go down within a few weeks. Price changes usually post Monday morning.

kill.switch (Xbox, PS2)

Unfortunately I can't remember the rest, but nothing substantial. I will post back next week with a new list!

BTW, XIII is freakin awesome!!!

I thought ESPN Hoops went down to $30 everywhere else.

Good to know, though. A bunch of games have been going down.

Could you just keep all the future price updates on this thread?

It'd be greatly appreciated...thanks.

Yeah, please keep us updated on future news! Thanks!

Does closeout mean clearance? How much do closeout games usually drop in price? I was interested in kill.switch, and for $20 or so I would consider snatching one op.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

Everyone says XIII is awesome but nobody has it, I think with the Gamer Gift Card it might be worth it to finally pick it up.

I think XIII isn't hard at all, yet I am very good at stealth games though so that's maybe why. I love XIII and need to pick it up.

I will also grab up Kill.Switch if it's 20.

The EB deal for Castlevania is better because you get the sample CD disc with it - even if you don't like it, you can just sell it on Ebay.

[quote name='chedderknight']if kill.switch goes for 20 I'd defintly get it, its a fun shooter[/quote]

Yeah I've been holding off for a price break on this one too.

[quote name='TC'][quote name='chedderknight']if kill.switch goes for 20 I'd defintly get it, its a fun shooter[/quote]

Yeah I've been holding off for a price break on this one too.[/quote]

Same here too, I heard it was a good game but not worth $50 so I'll be definatly be picking it up if it's $20.

kill.switch (I wait till it hit $19.99)

XIII ( i wait till it hit $19.99)

Spawn: Armageddon saw it at Gamestop but i don't wanna pay $20 :(

Castlevania (PS2)-29.99 (Very good game. I got it 1 month ago when is on sale at CC for $32.XX after $5 off coupon & Taxes)

I am NOT CHEAP but CHEAP D make meeehhhh "TOO CHEAP to spend my $$$$" :)

Slow closeout day.

Cat in the Hat (PS2, Xbox) -29.99

Dino Crisis 3 (Xbox) -29.99

Goblin Commander (PS2, Xbox) -19.99

Surprisingly, kill.switch didn't drop yet. I see there is a lot of interest in that especially (including myself!) Rest assured I will keep an especially close eye on this one. If more closeout prices come during this week, especially with the big new releases (FF:CC, 007: EON), I will post them ASAP.

BTW, I played through XIII. While it was highly addicting and easily, for me, the best FPS since GoldenEye, I was very, very P'Oed with the way it ended. I won't spoil it, since I urge action fans to pick this up, but for those that did beat it, what did you think about the way it ended?

[quote name='Rhife']Goblin Commander (PS2, Xbox) -19.99[/quote]

Very sweet price - thanks for the heads up!

And thanks for keeping an eye on kill.switch for us!

Jeremy

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I think XIII isn't hard at all, yet I am very good at stealth games though so that's maybe why. I love XIII and need to pick it up.

I will also grab up Kill.Switch if it's 20.[/quote]

I didn't find the stealth on XIII hard, its that every enemy is an expert marksman.

Question.

SWAT is listed on BB's site as being $29.99, yet when I gave my local BB a call, guy on the phone said it was $49.99

Is it possible that it will come up as $29 as soon as it's scanned or do the prices on their website and in store differ?

IF the price is listed on the site it will almost guarantee ring up at that price, never had a problem before, more then likely the store employee just looked at the old sticker on the insert next to the game instead of actually scanning it.

(I didn't find the stealth on XIII hard, its that every enemy is an expert marksman.)

Perhaps if the stealth was easy you wouldn't have been seen in the first place!!

Unfortunately, there are times where BestBuy.com will have different prices then in-store. However, S.W.A.T. went down for both Xbox and PS2 to 29.99 weeks ago. The guy at the Best Buy you called probably was too lazy to check the real price since most media departments are very lazy about getting the correct price labels out for video games. For some strange reason, stores don't usually do price matches for Best Buy.com, but most of the time online prices should reflect store prices. If you're in doubt about a game, have a cashier scan it and see if it comes up in the system since again, price labels have a nasty habit of not being changed.

Keep in mind as well, if a game drops in price, usually it drops first at a video game retailer such as EB or GameStop. Stores like Best Buy/Circuit City are usually 1-3 weeks behind price changes, sometimes they're on the ball, and rarely, they initiate it. It usually depends on the game.

Batman Begins (3MB) -tvspot1- Glmpses of battoys, batmobile and Scarecrow.

Batman Begins (3MB) -tvspot2-

Bewitched (3MB) Movie adaption of tv classic. Starring Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman.

Cars (9MB) Pixar Studio's upcoming film.

The Cave (12MB) Explorers trapped in underwater cave, stalked by a sea monster.

Chicken Little A (6MB) -trailer1- Disney's upcoming animated movie based on children's classic.

Chicken Little B (7MB) -trailer2-

Chronicles of Narnia (12MB) -Featurette Ch1- Behind the scenes look with WETA Studios.

Chronicles of Narnia (15MB) -Featurette Ch2- Behind the scenes look with the director.

Chronicles of Narnia (22MB) -Featurette Ch3- Behind the scenes look at the locations.

Cinderella Man (9MB) Based on true story of a boxing hero.

The Corpse Bride (6MB) Tim Burton film. 'nuff said.
smile.gif

Dark Water (10MB) Supernatural thriller starring Jennifer Connelly.

Death of a Dynasty (9MB) Comedic rapumentary involving Damon Dash & JayZ.

Devil's Rejects A (5MB) -trailer1- Rob Zombie's new horror movie.

Devil's Rejects B (6MB) -trailer2-

Domino (7MB) Keira Knightley is a bounty hunter, sort of.

Herbie: Fully Loaded (12MB) Disney remake of Disney classic staring Lindsey Lohan.

Herbie: Fully Loaded (10MB) -Featurette- Behind the scenes look.

High Tension A (12MB) -trailer1- Survival horror.

High Tension B (9MB) -trailer2-

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (9MB) -Featurette ch1- Behind the scenes look at the aliens.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (9MB) -Featurette ch2- Behind the scenes look at the guide.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (6MB) -Featurette ch3- Behind the scenes look at the robot.

The Honeymooners (12MB) Movie adaption of tv classic. Starring Cedric the Entertainer.

House of Wax A (2MB) -trailer1- Upcoming horror movie.

House of Wax B (2MB) -trailer2-

Howl's Moving Castle (9MB) Anime from Hayao Miyazaki.

Ice Age2 (7MB) Teaser for the sequel.

In To The Blue (9MB) Action. Treasure Hunters. Jessica Alba in a bikini.

Kicking and Screaming A (6MB) -trailer1- Father coaches son's soccer team. Starring Will Ferrell.

Kicking and Screaming B (10MB) -trailer2-

Kingdom of Heaven A (17MB) -trailer1- Epic featuring the crusades. Starring Orlando Bloom.

Kingdom of Heaven B (10MB) -trailer2-

Kingdom of Heaven (11MB) -Featurette- Behind the scenes look. Bringing a city to life.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith (10MB) Married couple with secret lives. Starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

The New World (7MB) The discovery of America. Starring Collin Farrell.

The Night Watch (9MB) Part 1 of an epic horror trilogy.

Redeye (7MB) New horror movie from Wes Craven.

Rock School (10MB) Documentary of a real life school of rock.

Scanner Darkly (4MB) Has a cel shaded look. Starring Keanu Reeves.

The Skeleton Key (12MB) Supernatural thriller starring Kate Hudson.

Star Wars EP3 normal version (9MB)

Star Wars EP3 1337 version (9MB)

Star Wars EP3 (3MB) -tv spot1- Jedis in action

Star Wars EP3 (3MB) -tv spot2- Jedis in action

Undead (7MB) Horror movie involving zombies.

Unleashed (9MB) A man bred to fight and kill. Starring Jet Li.

Unleashed (9MB) Massive attack video.

Wallace and Gromit (13MB) -Featurette- Behind the scenes look.

The Weatherman (10MB) A Chicago weather man deals with family problems. Starring Nicholas Cage.

Wedding Crashers (10MB) Two friends crash weddings to score. Starring Vince Vaughn & Luke Wilson.

Ya Just have an employee check the price for u on their computers. Going up to the registers is usually a few minutes of waiting in line.

Also If nobody has noticed All price tags at bestbuy list the Time and date of when they were printed.

Lower left or right of the tags. So if u see a price 49.99 and it was printed on 10-9-03 at 5.25pm then its possible that its an incorrect price.

If the tags are older then 1 week old i always have someone check the price on there computers for me.

bread's done
Back