The Young Victoria >>>> $24.99
The Lovely Bones (2-Disc Special Edition) >>>> $19.99
Drawn Together Movie: The Movie (Best Buy Exclusive) >>>> $19.99
Minority Report >>>> $19.99

$26.99
The Princess And The Frog (Combo Pack)

$24.99
District 9
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2-Disc Special Edition)
Star Trek XI

$22.99
Toy Story: Special Edition (Combo Pack)

$19.99
Love Happens (Universal)

$16.99
Bourne Ultimatum (Flipper Combo) (Universal)

The Following Prices Are Available Now

$14.99
Fighting: Unrated (+ Digital Copy) (Universal)
Kingdom Of Heaven: Director's Cut
Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Universal)

$12.99
The Terminator
Robocop

$9.99
Forgetting Sarah Marshall: Unrated (Universal)
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
Speed Racer
The Bucket List
Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xxjonoxx']Nice, Avatar is only $22.99.. maybe Amazon will PM that before they ship my copy.[/QUOTE]
i think it's only $19.99 at target

[quote name='ITDEFX']The lovely bones was creepy/weird.... I didn't like it. It's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

and a movie about a raped and murdered child shouldnt be creepy?

stanley tucci is outstanding, made me uncomfortable everytime he was onscreen.

Will be waiting for the special edition for Avatar. This is a movie that I would actually care to see how it was made, which made me a bit surprised that next week's release is the bare-bones version. Oh well, I can wait as I saw the movie twice in theater.

They already said this is a bare bones Avatar and that theyre working on a fully loaded special edition this fall to include 3-D?

As much as I love Drawn Together, I refuse to pay that much for a 1hr movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Will']They already said this is a bare bones Avatar and that theyre working on a fully loaded special edition this fall to include 3-D?

As much as I love Drawn Together, I refuse to pay that much for a 1hr movie.[/QUOTE]There's two additional versions of Avatar coming out above and beyond the one coming out next week.

There's a fully-loaded with special features version coming out in the November timeframe, and the same setup with the special features, though in 3D, coming some undetermined time in the future.

So yes, it's already confirmed for a triple dip.

Really almost just worth getting the steelbook amazon uk version of avatar to get the steel book in case the later better U.S. releases doesn't offer them in my opinion. I mean either way your getting a bare bones film version might as well get a steelbook and the survival guide stuff from UK release.

[quote name='shrike4242']
There's a fully-loaded with special features version coming out in the November timeframe, and the same setup with the special features, though in 3D, coming some undetermined time in the future. [/QUOTE]

just wondering if you could provide a link with more info so i could compare and decide which version i want.

I'll probably wait for the better Avatar edition to come out. I'm in no hurry plus it will probably be the same price with all the extras. I have no interest in getting a 3D version, seeing as I don't have a 3D TV and I don't like wearing those glasses anyway.

eff yeah! I was hoping Avatar would be a combo pack, that way I can watch it once on the big screen, then when my kid wants to watch it 4,367 more times, I can put the DVD on in his play room!!

Definitely gotta get that Sarah Marshall (have to find/get that coupon first..) and might as well get Speed Racer for $10..we just did a Speed Racer 4D amusement ride and my kid really enjoyed it.

yeah its all good to think about the triple dip, but this seems too monumental to pass up for next Thursday (and what's up w/ a Thurs release? it feels like Twilight all over again, but Thurs doesn't make much sense)

I'm pretty sure a lot of us will get it next week, skip on the second, then get the 3D one. but who knows, 3D does not (and hopefully will never) appeal to me, so next weeks is good enough for me.

The film made $2.8 billion worldwide, beating Titanic by almost $1 billion! This BD/DVD, and the other 2 versions are only going to print more money for them. I bet we even see it on sale for some crazy low price of $16 or something within a month, then as the other versions come out, $10!! I think what they're doing is very smart from a marketing and money-making point of view. Its win all the way around for them, bad for our wallets..

[quote name='token2k6']yeah its all good to think about the triple dip, but this seems too monumental to pass up for next Thursday (and what's up w/ a Thurs release? it feels like Twilight all over again, but Thurs doesn't make much sense)

I'm pretty sure a lot of us will get it next week, skip on the second, then get the 3D one. but who knows, 3D does not (and hopefully will never) appeal to me, so next weeks is good enough for me.

The film made $2.8 billion worldwide, beating Titanic by almost $1 billion! This BD/DVD, and the other 2 versions are only going to print more money for them. I bet we even see it on sale for some crazy low price of $16 or something within a month, then as the other versions come out, $10!! I think what they're doing is very smart from a marketing and money-making point of view. Its win all the way around for them, bad for our wallets..[/QUOTE]Thursday is Earth Day, which is why they're doing the release of Avatar on Thursday.

[quote name='shrike4242']Thursday is Earth Day, which is why they're doing the release of Avatar on Thursday.[/QUOTE]

OH Yeah! I remember seeing that somewhere in conjunction with this..thank you for reminding me :) Should be a fun day!

[quote name='token2k6']OH Yeah! I remember seeing that somewhere in conjunction with this..thank you for reminding me :) Should be a fun day![/QUOTE]No problem.

I'm going to pass on this barebones release and wait for the more feature-packed version. Sort of like what they did with Watchmen, though in that case, there was a reason to pick it up twice, once for the extended version and once for the extended version with the Black Freighter sequences spliced into the picture.

Weird, all of those $10 ones were already $10 at my BB as of Wed.

I picked up Speed Racer, a better than expected movie that would look AWESOME in HD.

Speed Racer is simply a MUST-GET if you have a huge TV. It is just mind-blowingly beautiful. During the last race, you will not be breathing.

I went to BB today and they had Apollo 13 Anniversary Ed for $16.99 I think, and it had a $10 Movie Cash for Robin Hood so I got what seemed to be the last one.

Anybody know about any coupons out there for Avatar? I haven't really heard of any out there, I hope there are some.

Thanks for the heads up.

I will PM Target for $19.99 plus throw in a $5 rewardzone certificate making the pot sweeter. Sort of regret not watching this in IMAX or at all nonethless....

I'm still up in the air as to whether I will pick up Avatar. I didn't get a chance to see it in 3-D, which I heard was amazing, but is it worth getting it now on Blu for $15 (or possibly less)? Perhaps since I didn't get to see it in 3-D, I won't be as disappointed as I'm sure this would be a let down after seeing it in its full glory in theaters.

But I've heard the story, like Cameron, can be quite obnoxious, lame, and annoying.

[quote name='karkyco']I'm still up in the air as to whether I will pick up Avatar. I didn't get a chance to see it in 3-D, which I heard was amazing, but is it worth getting it now on Blu for $15 (or possibly less)? Perhaps since I didn't get to see it in 3-D, I won't be as disappointed as I'm sure this would be a let down after seeing it in its full glory in theaters.

But I've heard the story, like Cameron, can be quite obnoxious, lame, and annoying.[/QUOTE]

I would get it if you can get it for $15 or less...This movie has grossed approximately 2 billion dollars worldwide I believe so, it worth it to see what the commotion is all about. People are saying this movie has changed cinema all together so ehhh...

I did not care for the character design, it was a turnoff. They look just silly in my eyes but well see how it goes on blu.

[quote name='karkyco']I'm still up in the air as to whether I will pick up Avatar. I didn't get a chance to see it in 3-D, which I heard was amazing, but is it worth getting it now on Blu for $15 (or possibly less)? Perhaps since I didn't get to see it in 3-D, I won't be as disappointed as I'm sure this would be a let down after seeing it in its full glory in theaters.

But I've heard the story, like Cameron, can be quite obnoxious, lame, and annoying.[/QUOTE]

How can you get this movie on blu for $15? Where can I get it for that price? Coupon needed?

[quote name='thesis88']How can you get this movie on blu for $15? Where can I get it for that price? Coupon needed?[/QUOTE]

For real where you getting it for $15, cuz I paid $19.99 at Target and $3.00 off when I purchased Jumper together?? TRU had a similar deal buy Avatar for $19.99 and get a second movie 50% off and don't forget about the $5 off coupons!!!!:bouncy:

bread's done
Back