Best Buy will have X360's on the 18th (minimum of 20 per store)

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Alright, so what time should I camp out at...Im looking at 10pm, but that might be too late[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna say that sounds like a good time. They don't open til I think 10am so thats 12 hours. I play to go by 10pm also.

Hmm i might drive by there by midnight and see if anyone is camping out if not ill just sleep till 3 am then start lining up. Ill make sure to bring my psp with my snes emulator =).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...d=cat02119&type=category&categoryRep=cat02000

Click on the link to go the BB videogames page. On the right hand side, there is an 'open letter' to Xbox 360 purchasers, apologizing for those who were forced into purchasing bundles back on launch day.

Of interest, however, comes 2/3 of the way through with an 'open invitation' to visit Best Buy again 'later in the month' when they will once again have the console available for purchase.

I guess this lends more support to the 12/18 availability.

Sorry to create a new thread, but I thought people would like to catch the link.

I was just thinking about this. If I camp out for 12 hours at BB where the fuck am I gonna piss at? I can try to hold it for 12 hours but thats a fucking long time. How did you guys do it or are gonna do it.

[quote name='shipwreck']I updated the OP with the Customer Centric news.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for updating the OP. Hopefully some CAGs will get lucky and get a 360 on the 18th.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I was just thinking about this. If I camp out for 12 hours at BB where the fuck am I gonna piss at? I can try to hold it for 12 hours but thats a fucking long time. How did you guys do it or are gonna do it.[/QUOTE]

Make friends first with the people around you, and hopefully spot out a gas station or 24 hour store nearby so you can urinate. Ask the people around you to hold your spot for a couple of minutes while you go, if you tell them you need to piss, they'll understand.

I think I'm going to get in on this - hopefully it will mean just getting up wicked early instead of camping out overnight - it's getting cold out there! I think this will be less known since there's really no "official" confirmation of anything and the really crazy people already have one.

[quote name='javeryh']I think I'm going to get in on this - hopefully it will mean just getting up wicked early instead of camping out overnight - it's getting cold out there! I think this will be less known since there's really no "official" confirmation of anything and the really crazy people already have one.[/QUOTE]
They have started posting the date in-store so every parent and person who visits BB daily has seen these posters stating the 18th for new shipments and will plan on lining up as well.

[quote name='Santurio']They have started posting the date in-store so every parent and person who visits BB daily has seen these posters stating the 18th for new shipments and will plan on lining up as well.[/QUOTE]

ahhh... OK forget it then - unless I can convince one of my friends to wait with me it's not worth it...

[quote name='coolz481']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...d=cat02119&type=category&categoryRep=cat02000

Click on the link to go the BB videogames page. On the right hand side, there is an 'open letter' to Xbox 360 purchasers, apologizing for those who were forced into purchasing bundles back on launch day.

Of interest, however, comes 2/3 of the way through with an 'open invitation' to visit Best Buy again 'later in the month' when they will once again have the console available for purchase.

I guess this lends more support to the 12/18 availability.

Sorry to create a new thread, but I thought people would like to catch the link.[/QUOTE]

Glad they apologized, but I just sent them a long letter about the crapfest that my BB put on for launch.

Pimpinc333-- don't worry, it'll be too cold to piss ;)

[quote name='Apossum']Glad they apologized, but I just sent them a long letter about the crapfest that my BB put on for launch.

Pimpinc333-- don't worry, it'll be too cold to piss ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL yea but i'm sure Ill have to since I'll be drinking pop. I'm sure none of my friedns will wake up by 5am for me just to let me piss. But i'll start asking around now.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I was just thinking about this. If I camp out for 12 hours at BB where the fuck am I gonna piss at? I can try to hold it for 12 hours but thats a fucking long time. How did you guys do it or are gonna do it.[/QUOTE]
Dude, you may want to get there earlier... I went to two walmarts and a target on the night before launch at 9pm and they ALL had more people in line than units (premiums, since the core is a joke... although one I am considering more and more heh). I plan on getting there around 6:30ish and hoping for the best.

In my area, best buy and walmart had more in lines then systems at 7pm....and it was pouring...hopefully the cold weather will keep people away

[quote name='taiidanx']Dude, you may want to get there earlier... I went to two walmarts and a target on the nicht before launch at 9pm and they ALL had more people in line than units (premiums, since the core is a jokes... although one I am considering more and more heh). I plan on getting there around 6:30ish and hoping for the best.[/QUOTE]

No i'm cool since my town isnt very very big. At launch I woke up at 6 and went and just barely missed out on getting one at BB.

i think it is best buy, as they are having it in there ad for the week of the 18th...I would think other store may have them on shelves either a couple days b4 or after that...

[quote name='ryanbph']i think it is best buy, as they are having it in there ad for the week of the 18th...I would think other store may have them on shelves either a couple days b4 or after that...[/QUOTE]

Yea I still hope Sam's Club gets them back in stock. Like they had on their website that their second shipment would be shipped on the 15th. I hope that happens.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea I still hope Sam's Club gets them back in stock. Like they had on their website that their second shipment would be shipped on the 15th. I hope that happens.[/QUOTE]
Where exactly did you see that their next shipment would be on the 15th? When I look on their website all I see is a page that says, "The XBOX 360 is now "Sold Out" on samsclub.com! We apologize for the inconvenience."

[quote name='Mex25']Where exactly did you see that their next shipment would be on the 15th? When I look on their website all I see is a page that says, "The XBOX 360 is now "Sold Out" on samsclub.com! We apologize for the inconvenience."[/QUOTE]

Way back when they had it up where you could order online. It said ships the 15th. I think it was a couple of days after the 22nd. It was only up for like 30 mins before they sold out.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Way back when they had it up where you could order online. It said ships the 15th.[/QUOTE]
Oooohhhhh well I guess I got another store to look forward too because at best buy your most likely going to have to camp starting saturday morning.

You just tell the person behind you hey i'm gonna go take a piss i'll brb and then you would go back behind the line and piss on the pissin tree or in the grass against the building. Of course eventually people got there and took up camp in our pissin hole so it was moved back and back and back. :lol: Everyone got a good laugh when the line starting nearing our pissing tree! :applause:

I have confidence that my BB will fuck this up royally just like they did the first time. I can already hear the bitch on the phone saying yea we have 100+ systems when they have 20. Last time they said 200+ to everyone who called all day when they actually had 44.

[quote name='$hady']You just tell the person behind you hey i'm gonna go take a piss i'll brb and then you would go back behind the line and piss on the pissin tree or in the grass against the building. Of course eventually people got there and took up camp in our pissin hole so it was moved back and back and back. :lol: Everyone got a good laugh when the line starting nearing our pissing tree! :applause:

I have confidence that my BB will fuck this up royally just like they did the first time. I can already hear the bitch on the phone saying yea we have 100+ systems when they have 20. Last time they said 200+ to everyone who called all day when they actually had 44.[/QUOTE]

Thats good though. Us knowing they atleast have to have 20 so if we are in the first 20 we should be good. When BB tell people they will be gettign 200+ people will be like O shit we dont have to camp and we can get there int he morning when they open and get one. I hope they tell people that.

I hope an allocation list pops up again. The people at my BB are saying it's going to be about the same, if not, then less than launch. Which makes sense, if MS really hasn't made enough.

I live in LI, where there are at least 10 people awaiting the openings of Target everyday, I can imagine that BB will get a mass of people. That said, i'm willing to camp out as long as possible to be in the top 20. However, I do not know how long that is. Ill try for 10pm, or maybe 8pm. I don't know if that will do it however

[quote name='mick16']Here's a link with the info:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gift-guide/gift-best-buy-hoarding-xbox-360s-for-a-sale-141635.php

I'd recommend getting there by 6PM the night before if you want to make sure you get one. I got there at 8:30 the night before on the 21st of November and was only 36th in line for what its worth. Might be even worse this time as this is probably many people's last change to get one before christmas at retail prices.[/QUOTE]
Thats 16 hours dude, Ill sleep for maybe 4 of em

so just so i'm getting this right....they are going to sell them on the 18th(Sunday)? meaning you would have to get in line on the 17th (Saturday)?

just making sure as i'm weighing camping out. is this the major 2nd shiptment? i mean are there rumors/confirmations of sams/walmart/target anything? this seems to be the most concentrated effort.

just watched the jimmiethemac vid....great.

i'm trying to decide if this will be worth it....at this rate it'll be at least 10 below on the night of the 17th/18th...plus, DoA 4 is delayed till january. futch it, i'm waiting...

[quote name='Apossum']i'm trying to decide if this will be worth it....at this rate it'll be at least 10 below on the night of the 17th/18th...plus, DoA 4 is delayed till january. futch it, i'm waiting...[/QUOTE]

Dude about 5 posts up has a good idea. Get there early and get a good spot, then sell your spot. Not a bad idea.

But I'm hopeing for decent weather. Not snowing, no wind, and not too cold.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Dude about 5 posts up has a good idea. Get there early and get a good spot, then sell your spot. Not a bad idea.

But I'm hopeing for decent weather. Not snowing, no wind, and not too cold.[/QUOTE]

meh, unless I can get my friends to go along and bring some flasks, I can't it see it being worth it at all. all i wanna play are the live arcade games ;)

[quote name='Apossum']meh, unless I can get my friends to go along and bring some flasks, I can't it see it being worth it at all. all i wanna play are the live arcade games ;)[/QUOTE]

True I got a couple of friends to go with me so It should be a good time.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Dude about 5 posts up has a good idea. Get there early and get a good spot, then sell your spot. Not a bad idea.[/QUOTE]

Just find yourself a bum and promise him $50 if he sits there all night and saves your place in line. Then rip the $50 in half and tell him you'll give him the other half when you show up at 8AM the next morning.

$50? Pfah. Just tell some homeless guy you'll give him a cheap bottle of Thunderbird if he sleeps "in this spot" for a few hours. Heck, if he winds up puking or smells really bad maybe it'll drive other customers away and you can get more than one.

[quote name='KaneRobot']$50? Pfah. Just tell some homeless guy you'll give him a cheap bottle of Thunderbird if he sleeps "in this spot" for a few hours. Heck, if he winds up puking or smells really bad maybe it'll drive other customers away and you can get more than one.[/QUOTE]
haha crafty and classic.

[quote name='KaneRobot']$50? Pfah. Just tell some homeless guy you'll give him a cheap bottle of Thunderbird if he sleeps "in this spot" for a few hours. Heck, if he winds up puking or smells really bad maybe it'll drive other customers away and you can get more than one.[/QUOTE]

That one is going to be a classic!! :applause: :applause:

Ive got three people going, each of us taking shifts while the other sleeps. When organized it should prove interesting. Is it weird that I look forward to waiting more than the 360?

Having never camped out before, I've got some questions about how this all works.

If I go with someone, is it okay to get in and out of line as long as my friend is still in line, or do people usually get pissed off? I can't really imagine leaving, coming back X-minutes later and walking by 30 people and them not barking at me.

I'll probably be going with my brother, up in NY with all the cold and snow. Any tips on how to handle it all?

[quote name='Forumchibi']Having never camped out before, I've got some questions about how this all works.

If I go with someone, is it okay to get in and out of line as long as my friend is still in line, or do people usually get pissed off? I can't really imagine leaving, coming back X-minutes later and walking by 30 people and them not barking at me.

I'll probably be going with my brother, up in NY with all the cold and snow. Any tips on how to handle it all?[/QUOTE]

It's generally bad form to alternate one person waiting in line for an entire group. If I was waiting in line behind something like this I'd starting bitching. Holding a spot so a friend can pee or go on a quick food run is OK though...

[quote name='Forumchibi']Having never camped out before, I've got some questions about how this all works.

I'll probably be going with my brother, up in NY with all the cold and snow. Any tips on how to handle it all?[/QUOTE]

it really depends. At launch everyone was pretty cool, but I have a feeling this time around most people are out for that last minute 360.

i already posted this somewhere else, but im REALLY PISSED.

i read today in the paper (some stupid jackoff) just released information about best buy getting the shipments for sunday. this is udder crap, now everyone is going to know about it, especially parents wanting to get their kids 360's for christmas. granted this info has been leaked on the internet along time ago, but i was hoping that not too many people outside of the internet world would know about it. the guy states that if you want to be able to get a 360, you better get there saturday afternoon. anyone that's smart would think to themselves that they better get their earlier than the afternoon making things even more ridiculous for those that have been planning to camp out. to top it off he said he talked to the manager at best buy and he said that on thursday when they talked, they haven't even recieved any shipments of the 360's. that just means that they might not even have any instock or less then the 20 by sunday. i just can't believe this crap. i have been planning on camping out now for weeks, knowing that best buy would be pretty much my only chance of getting a 360 before christmas. now everyone is going to know about needing to camp out, with a chance my best buy not even having any 360's for sunday. un-f@cking believable!!!!!!!!! F@CK!!!

Dude, don't you realize that the Bestbuy employees have been telling every customer that asks that the 18th was the day for the past 3 weeks? Everyone who has been looking for one since launch is going to be there, especially since all the other chains have been telling people "we don't know when we are getting more." In fact, some Target and CC employees have been telling people that BB was going to have them. It is not a secret. So maybe you have to wait an extra hour, big whoop considering you will be there for 12-16 hours anyway.

Damn it, my friend refuses to ebay it or buy them in bundles, so this is his last chance to get one before xmas hits so he can give it to his son, and himself of course, but moreso for his son.

I offered to camp put for him when i get off work at Saturday at midnight and see how it is....Does anyone know if all the systems will be mixed with cores and premiums or if they are all premiums....the one by my house is getting 68 systems, and if around 40 or so are there, ill go ahead and whup out my ds and just wait, but if its too late, then thatll be a fuckin bummer.

bread's done
Back