Best Buy: YMMV $20 Gift Card mistake.

Vrylakos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
First time post. Thanks for a great site!

I left Best Buy this morning chortling with glee...

Now, it seems there is currently a "Buy 2 Advertised Xbox 360 Games, get a $20 Gift Card" promotion going on until the 5th of May.

Sadly, at the Best Buy here in Vegas (Lake Mead and Rainbow), there was a long, narrow plastic strip of signage that had a mistake on it.

It read "Buy an Advertised Xbox 360 Games, get a $20 Gift Card"...

On the plastic strip itself, it shows Spider-Man 3, among others.

SO... I got Spidey 3 *with* the "$10 Concession Cash" movie promotion, and after showing the cashier the sign, got the Gift Card. (I also used a Rewards Zone $10 off coupon, because... if you're going to go crazy, go KA-RAZY!)

All in all, for me personally, I spent $53 but got $30 of other pseudo-cash I will definitely use.

NOW, the assumption I'm working from is that these narrow yellow signage strips are not made on site, but are most likely sent to Best Buy with their weekly ads and merchandise shipments.

If this is the case, then there's a good chance other folks might be able to find this sign.

Note, however, that as soon as I got the deal, they took the sign down and told me it was a mistake. I told them I was happy to help them find such an obvious error.

I hope others can be as lucky! Please note that the offer expires the 5th of May! Only today and tomorrow!

Vrylakos

Definite YMMV and only if you were planning on getting one of the two games otherwise. If the mistake was ANY 360 game, I'd try it. Not in a rush for Spidey 3 since it'll be clearenced by X-Mas.

Thanks though OP.

Umm, $40 is not too much for a brand new Xbox 360 game. However, paying $40 for Spider-man 3 is probably pushing it.... The reviews haven't been too positive so far.

bread's done
Back