Best CAG Forum Thread (non-deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, after a two day bump by Led before locking it. Most of the worthwhile posts were in that Oct. 2004 window, the 2005 were just posts that were pretty much OT. You should've nominated it for last year's award, if there was one.

Cheapy would have to be more specific about what qualifies, as I could bump numerous threads and then nominate them here because then they'd be eligible regardless of when they were started.[/QUOTE]
True, I think there was one last year, I believe Mr. Anderson's Love Chronicles won.

Javeryh's self-defecation and it's sequel threads really have to get the nod.
Too many of the others are self agrandizing, or piles of cloying sycophants pilling on, but for a good laugh, you just can't beat Javeryh's candid, self deprecating threads and the hilarity that ensues.

[quote name='JSweeney']Javeryh's self-defecation and it's sequel threads really have to get the nod.
Too many of the others are self agrandizing, or piles of cloying sycophants pilling on, but for a good laugh, you just can beat Javeryh's candid, self deprecating threads and the hilarity that ensues.[/QUOTE]
Self deprecation by way of self defecation? That can't be beat.

[quote name='botticus']Self deprecation by way of self defecation? That can't be beat.[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but worth noting -- that's an instant classic quote.

[quote name='Greetard']Joevan's is 10x better. I posted the link earlier. It's fucking hilarious.[/QUOTE]

i agree my friend... VGM getting owned was great enough but the ownage doesn't stop there. Its like a Buy 1 get one free deal.

[quote name='onetrackmind']i agree my friend... VGM getting owned was great enough but the ownage doesn't stop there. Its like a Buy 1 get one free deal.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was that funny before, but looking back, he contradicts himself 50 friggin' times. When he was the "attacker", nobody's stuff was good because it didn't rhyme. When he was the "attackee", his shit didn't have to rhyme to be a proper rap.

[quote name='Xevious']This thread should DEFINATELY be nominated:

Freestyle Rhymes & Raps, Yo.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68310&page=1&pp=20&highlight=freestyle

Various CAGers busting out rhymes. How can you not like this?[/QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of that thread, mostly because it's one of the few of those that have been nominated that I actually read. I remember the joevan freestyle topic was already full of so much crap by the time I got there it made me sick. Mostly from VGM thinking he was a " hardcore gangsta". Joevan's topic paled in comparison to freestyle rhymes & raps. That 3rd Key pic thread seemed like it could have been hilarious but was killed before the ball really got going.

[quote name='zewone']It's a HUGE thread with pictures of (almost) all the Halo 2 clan members pics of themselves or just pictures of theirs they want to share. Some of the best jokes there. Like TSD said, it probably (as in definately) won't win since its not public.

I'll 2nd the regular pics of members thread.[/QUOTE]

OK, I give up - tried using every search I could - could someone link to the "regular pics of members" thread? I'm sure many would be interested to see that.

the official yard sale thread, hands down, no one is even close, personally help me gain over 700 games. no other thread could hold a candle to it

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Hmm there's a link to a video in that thread that has cheapy's real name. It kind of ruins the mystique like the time I found out The Rock's real name when I was 12.[/QUOTE]
Dwayne Johnson.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Hmm there's a link to a video in that thread that has cheapy's real name. It kind of ruins the mystique like the time I found out The Rock's real name when I was 12.[/QUOTE]

WTF!?!?!?!

I thought CheapyD WAS HIS REAL NAME!!

Thanks a lot for making me look (and feel) like a moron.

Had to vote for "CAG Scammer Alert - uhh...we're still trying to figure out who" - because it was too funny....though the ending is non-climatic. Anyone know what happened?

I know it wasn't nominated, but I've always enjoyed the threads about stupid game store customers. I respect people who have to work retail and put up with that crap a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back