Best CDs

discopenguin816

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey, I'm getting an ipod in a couple of weeks and I am in dire need of some new (or old) CDs. Right now I'm listening to bands like Modest Mouse, Franz Ferdinand, Beck, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Apollo 440, the Killers, and Green Day - Just to give you an idea of what I'd like. So what I'm asking of you is to help me pick out some new CDs. Give me your opinions on CDs you think I'd like or just good CDs in gereral. Without your help, my ipod will feel very empty. And we don't want that do we? :D

Killswitch Engage-Alive or Just Breathing is better then TEOH, but both are awesome. Pick em both up. They're a lot heavier then the bands you listed but most of their songs have awesome choruses, check em out.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Postal Service, LCD Soundsystem, Jet,[/quote]

Postal Service isn't bad. LCD Soundsystem I'm liking though. Was their CD relesed just earlier this week or is amazon.com lying to me?

The Infinite Steve Vai- 2 Disc set
Dunno if your taste is refined enough to enjoy such amazing guitar work with the other examples you've given... :D

Also try Rising Force- Yngwie Malmsteen

Audioslave
The Stroke
Flaming Lips
The Darkness
Andrew W.K.
Chevelle
Beethoven
Brahms
Alice in Chains
Bloodhound Gang
The White Stripes - definitely get everyone of their albums. They're just a great band.
All Tool CDs like Trakan said.
Rage Against the Machine - All CDs
Nirvana - (you've gotta be kidding if you don't own at least one of their albums) own everything and own it now. Period.
The Hives are a pretty good band. Have liked both of their albums and I think you will too.
The Vines - not bad
Jay Z
Nas
Eminem
Foo Fighters
Dandy Warhols
The Raveonettes
Weezer
Most Korn
Norah Jones -(Personally, I like the first album more than the second but they are both good)
Dave Mathews Band - Just a great jam band. Really love how they are just in sync.
Phish - Great Jam band
Cake- Great great band and I think you'll definitely like them. Most people I know do like them so I think you won't be any different.
Some Ramones couldn't hurt anyone. But if you do find yourself liking them, they might cost you some since they have like fifty freaking albums.
etc.

A few to check out:

The Stills - Logic Will Break Your Heart
The Appleseed Cast - Two Conversations
The Notwist - Neon Golden
Isis-Panopticon
The Jealous Sound - Kill Them With Kindness

I could name a million....

i want to say LCD Soundsystem but from what he seems to like LCD Soundsystem is very different. By the way "Tribulations" by LCD Soundsystem rocks. I might recommend some bands like Queens of the Stone Age, Louis XIV, The Mars Volta, and Maybe the Arcade Fire but they are a little soft, and indie than the songs that you seem to like.

Forgot to mention this. Try to find and listen to a song by the band Bloc Party named "Banquet". This song is like Franz Ferdinand, just better.

The best CD ever is Celine Dion A new day has come, hands down. :shock:

[quote name='AdultLink']There are those who'd hate me for saying this, but:

Linkin Park: Meteora.[/quote]

:robot:

i think that is a pretty damn good cd, my ex gf liked it a whole bunch. good to use as a background theme to work the mood.

if you want to delve into a different genre and quite bassy to boom in a car, you should check out some turntablism by the likes of dj shadow (my fav), dj qbert, well, those two would be the ones to start with.

[quote name='st0neface']The Shins: Oh Inverted Life
Velvet Revolver: Contraband
Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Incubus: Morning View[/quote]

Its Oh, Inverted World actually. I also highly recommend Chutes Too Narrow if you end up liking the Shins. I also recommend Summerteeth and A Ghost Is Born for Wilco's two other fantastic CDs.

Also, Elliot Smith, White Stripes, Ben Kweller (Sha Sha is great) and Death Cab For Cutie

And now, for some decent music:

Anti-Flag - "Die For Your Government"
The Clash - "London Calling"
Coldplay - "Parachutes"
The Smiths - "The Queen is Dead"
The Smiths - "Louder Than Bombs"
Interpol - "Antics"

Anti-Flag is great

Boys Night Out is a pretty decent band

and if you like heavier music Get
Bury Your Dead - Cover Your Tracks
Norma Jean - Bless The Martyr And Kiss The Child