Best Chance to Get a Game ON Release Date?

PlayableMoogle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Folks,

This might be a stupid question, and if so, I apologize.

Dragon Quest VI is coming out for the DS in the U.S. (finally) on February 14th, which is a Monday. I'd really like to have it in-hand that day. Can anyone tell me what the most likely way to do that is? In the past, I've found that brick-and-mortar stores usually take a day or two after release date to get the title in (although they seem to be getting better about it).

Are there any online places that have the ability to ship the game before the 14th so you should receive it on the 14th? I looked at the text on Amazon.com and Gamestop.com, and both sound like they'd be shipping on or shortly after the 14th.

It seems like I've already got my answer, but since it's a crappy and disappointing one, I figure I might be missing something.

Thanks!

Ship dates are not the same as release dates. The only time you get release dates are for huge releases like Madden or Call of Duty.

[quote name='Survivalism']Ship dates are not the same as release dates. The only time you get release dates are for huge releases like Madden or Call of Duty.[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems that ship dates usually ARE release dates (i.e., the product begins shipping on the release date). I was just hoping I was mistaken or that there was a retailer powerful enough to make it otherwise.

[quote name='PlayableMoogle']Folks,

This might be a stupid question, and if so, I apologize.

Dragon Quest VI is coming out for the DS in the U.S. (finally) on February 14th, which is a Monday. I'd really like to have it in-hand that day. Can anyone tell me what the most likely way to do that is? In the past, I've found that brick-and-mortar stores usually take a day or two after release date to get the title in (although they seem to be getting better about it).

Are there any online places that have the ability to ship the game before the 14th so you should receive it on the 14th? I looked at the text on Amazon.com and Gamestop.com, and both sound like they'd be shipping on or shortly after the 14th.

It seems like I've already got my answer, but since it's a crappy and disappointing one, I figure I might be missing something.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Nope, unfortunately for you it seems to be spot on. Really though, is waiting a day or two that bad?

[quote name='eddie291']Nope, unfortunately for you it seems to be spot on. Really though, is waiting a day or two that bad?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. And nah, I can live. A few more days. But I've been waiting a long time. And I just want to whine about it. :D

I know you said online but when ever I want a game the day it comes out with out a deal I just go to best buy. They always have extra copies. I walked in around 5pm when cataclysm was released and they had like 30 collectors edition still.

I'd try Best Buy on release day.

And if you happen to be near NYC, I'm sure the Nintendo World Store will have it on release date.

Walmart, best buy or Target will all have it on release date most likely. Gamestop will have it too but unless you preorder you have less of a chance of getting it because they usually reserve their inventory for pre-orders and walk-in's only can buy the game on release if they have extra copies, and sometimes they don't have extra copies.

bread's done
Back