Best CHEAP headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

canvasch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
howdy... i need some headphones for gaming... i game on a monitor and it has a standard size headphone jack so i don't need pricey Turtle Beach or Tritton...
does anyone know of some good quality (with a 10 foot wire) headphones I can get... trying to keep it under $30 but cheaper is plus!
i don't like ear buds, i prefer studio style headphones... and i'm not against getting a cheap cable extension from meritline or monoprice...

i'm not much of an audiophile.. infact i dislike bass.... and would prefer a set with a volume control option too.. please help me out.. idk what to get and i know it's easy to make a bad choice! i'm hoping for some experienced and knowledgeable CAG to help me get the perfect set.

sorry i really don't know whatcha mean? i don't know alot of brands of headphones.
i remember awhile ago reading some people talking about a certain brand of headphones that are far superior and far less expensive than Beats by Dre.... they might have been a sweedish brand?

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Monoprice headsets are amazing but OP is asking for headset for gaming. Therefore I assume he needs a microphone?[/QUOTE]

Just buy a desktop mic then to go with it. They can be had for like $5-$10. All headphones that come with a mic and are marketed as a "gaming headset" are trash. You're always better off just getting a good set of cans then a seperate mic.

http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI
These are probably one of the best choices choices at $30, it's an overall good headphone for music and it has a good soundstage for gaming, and IMO soundstage is one of the biggest factors when getting a headphone for gaming. To define soundstage if that term isn't familiar to you, I guess it would mean to make things sound more natural. If my short explanation was a bit vague reading this thread might clear things up for you. I wouldn't suggest you get the Monoprice as they have quite a bit of bass and their soundstage sounds more closed in due to it being a closed set, as opposed to the open design of the Superluxes. The downsides to the Superluxes is that they don't include a mic, they leak sound & your ears might get a bit sweaty after some time, though the Monoprices also suffer from the sweat problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! I think i'm going to go with the ones Hente suggested... will be ordering them in a few days.
I don't care about a mic really.... i'll close this thread when i make the purchase... till then, i'm still accepting suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back