Best/cheapest Component cables

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not sure if this is the right section/thread, considering I'm looking for advice on what cables and a deal; if so, my bad. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm going to be getting an HDTV for christmas and will be upgrading my video cables on my 360 (I bought the core system bundled w/ Blue Dragon), but, as I don't want to spend the full $30 or $40 for the MS-branded ones (forget how much they are, tired), I was wondering if there's any offshoot brands or anything else you guys would reccomend for component. Thanks!

The MS component cables that came with mine went bad (giant purple bar scrolling up the screen :mad: ) so hooked up one of those 3-in-1 wii/ps3/360 component cables from gamestop that I had laying around, and it seems to work fine.

[quote name='Slate']If it is a video cable it doesn't matter what brand it is, Just buy the chepest one and it'll work.

I'm not sure but maybe monoprice carries these:

www.monoprice.com[/quote]

no, bad Slate, bad....

cheapest cables are ok with digital cables (hdmi, dvi, etc)...but when it comes to analogue cables (component, vga, etc) you need cables with good shielding otherwise the other cables behing your tv or wherever will cause noticeable interference..i had super cheap vga cables for the 360 and the image on the tv would shift and flicker at random moments..i upgraded to a well-shielded vga cable and have no problems since...

aim for the cheapest cables with the best shielding when it comes to analogue

[quote name='Malik112099']no, bad Slate, bad....

cheapest cables are ok with digital cables (hdmi, dvi, etc)...but when it comes to analogue cables (component, vga, etc) you need cables with good shielding otherwise the other cables behing your tv or wherever will cause noticeable interference..i had super cheap vga cables for the 360 and the image on the tv would shift and flicker at random moments..i upgraded to a well-shielded vga cable and have no problems since...

aim for the cheapest cables with the best shielding when it comes to analogue[/quote]

Well what I should have said was if it is a component cable, Composite cable or S Video cable it won't matter.

bread's done
Back