Best Computer Part Store

Uncookedcookie

CAG Veteran
I have been looking into a good place to buy parts to build a computer. So far I've been using compusa.com. The parts they have are amazing, but all my friends are telling me that i'm getting ripped off If I buy there. So what's a good cheap computer part store (online or not) that has an amazing selection thats cheap also. THX

I would recommend a computer fair if there is one around your area. There is a major computer fair going on every weekend in SoCal and most of the deals are near cost for the vendors (or at least they were a few years ago when I used to visit them). \

Edit: If you plan on going to a computer fair, be sure to get there early because a lot of vendors leave or run out of the best products by 1pm. Also be sure to bring cash for the best prices and get a receipt for everything you buy. Be prepared to pay an entrance fee too hehe.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I would recommend a computer fair if there is one around your area. There is a major computer fair going on every weekend in SoCal and most of the deals are near cost for the vendors (or at least they were a few years ago when I used to visit them). \

Edit: If you plan on going to a computer fair, be sure to get there early because a lot of vendors leave or run out of the best products by 1pm. Also be sure to bring cash for the best prices and get a receipt for everything you buy. Be prepared to pay an entrance fee too hehe.[/quote]

I don't know what the fairs in you're area are like, but around here they sell nothing but garbage. All the computers are cheap, but are usually old and slow. Fine if that's what you need, but not the place to buy anything of quality.

www.Newegg.com

[quote name='Uncookedcookie']So far I've been using compusa.com.[/quote]
Compusa.com is actually just a mirror of TigerDirect.com now, ya know (TigerDirect, or rather, Tigerdirect's parent company Systemax, bought compusa.com, and some of Compusa's retail stores, when Compusa essentially bit the dust last year).

but all my friends are telling me that i'm getting ripped off If I buy there.
Damn straight, you are. Can't say it enough: Newegg.

newegg.com is great but doesn't always have the lowest prices but definitely is the best place online to grab components and other parts; their search function and inventory is second to none.

Now if I can find a similar or exact product at my local Fry's Electronic where if the price difference isn't that much, I would buy it there instead because of their no hassle return/exchange policy. Their website now (www.frys.com) is a lot better then it use to be as well and gives you a good idea on whats available at their B&M stores.

Some other sites to check out and compare with newegg.com are...

www.buy.com
www.amazon.com
www.ewiz.com
www.directron.com

I usually use a combination of zipzoomfly and newegg.

ZZF usually has free shipping or lower prices on things like power supplies and cases, which makes it overall cheaper than newegg on those items.

Newegg has earned my loyalty. I've seen better deals other places, but it's never by much and every experience with Newegg has just been great for me and I figure they deserve my business.

What? No one mentioned Newegg? ;)

I've purchased a majority of my computer parts from newegg. Being in Cali hurts me with taxes but you still can't beat their all-around reliability, great prices, prompt shipping, and customer satisfaction.

Well there is newegg, but my favorite site to shop for pc parts is

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

I have used them before, very reliable and some of the barebones kits or just motherboard/processor combos are pretty nice :D.

If all goes according to plan, I will be building a new PC over the summer and Tiger Direct is where I plan on scoring most of my parts.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well there is newegg, but my favorite site to shop for pc parts is

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

I have used them before, very reliable and some of the barebones kits or just motherboard/processor combos are pretty nice :D.

If all goes according to plan, I will be building a new PC over the summer and Tiger Direct is where I plan on scoring most of my parts.[/quote]

Tigerdirect is good if you know what you're looking for, but they do try to push a lot of garbage as well.

[quote name='gregthomas77']newegg.com[/quote]
Pretty much all you really ever need. Built my current rig with parts ordered from them.

bread's done
Back