Best Creditcard?

Kayden

Banned
I was wondering what the best credit card would be to get. By best I mean widely accepted and has good returns/rewards. APR isn't an issue as I don't spend money I don't have. I plan to pay it off in full every month.

My favorite is the Best Buy Mastercard. I'm getting reward certificates left and right. I pay it off immediately so I dont know (or care) what the monthly apr is and there is no annual fee with it. I recommend it.

anything with cash back. 3-5% on groceries/gas is cool , then usually 1% on everything else. I capped out on my citi card last year ( $300 max ). Then theres citimerchantnetwork, where you get more % back from different merchants, and this doesnt count towards the $300 max per year. Diamond.com , for instance, offered 8% back so right now im waiting on about $350 back from that =]

All credit cards are evil. I heard good things about Discover card though. I have one but I never used it.

EDIT: Do you know that Pookymeister is hot? I didn't. Now I know....

I agree with the Citi cash back card if you spend a lot on food and gas. I received about $270 back last year due to spending a lot on gas for my long commute. Citi also has a good website for managing your accounts online and making payments directly from your checking account.

[quote name='Xevious']All credit cards are evil. I heard good things about Discover card though. I have one but I never used it.

EDIT: Do you know that Pookymeister is hot? I didn't. Now I know....[/quote]

Credit cards are evil if you don't pay on the balance. Kayden said he is a responsible young man and won't buy 2 SLI 768 MB cards with a 1000 watt power supply and not pay it off that month.

(Both my cards were free btw)
I already learned my lesson there. Nvidia can't support SLI worth a damn. Vista has been in their hands for more than 5 months and they still haven't come up with an SLI driver unless you buy an 8800 :roll:. Even then, the performance is horrid.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Credit cards are evil if you don't pay on the balance. Kayden said he is a responsible young man and won't buy 2 SLI 768 MB cards with a 1000 watt power supply and not pay it off that month.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden'](Both my cards were free btw)
I already learned my lesson there. Nvidia can't support SLI worth a damn. Vista has been in their hands for more than 5 months and they still haven't come up with an SLI driver unless you buy an 8800 :roll:. Even then, the performance is horrid.[/quote]

Im on XP, so if you dont want them... :lol:

Nothing Chase.

And avoid Discover. Treat you like shit. They are raising the default rate to 30%, and this is with a credit score in the high 700s.

Pooky - What's the citimerchantnetwork thing? Do you use the Citi Rewards card with it or is it a seperate card? I have that same card.

Need to find another rewards card this year before I max out that one's rewards for the year. (That will take a good part of the year, though.)

[quote name='wubb']Pooky - What's the citimerchantnetwork thing? Do you use the Citi Rewards card with it or is it a seperate card? I have that same card.

Need to find another rewards card this year before I max out that one's rewards for the year. (That will take a good part of the year, though.)[/quote]

I have the Dividends card. https://www.bonuscashcenter.citicards.com/

Yeah, I got a little mixed up there. My card is actually a Chase one. I should look at getting a citi one here in a few months. Maybe they'll over a sign up bonus in the next few months. :mrgreen:

bread's done
Back