BEST Current PS3 Console Deal?

rockphantom

CAGiversary!
Howdy,

I am contemplating buying a PS3 to compliment my new 1080p HDTV.
I'm a casual gamer looking forward to SFIV and would love to play SSF2T HD Remix. I'm mainly interested in the PS3's Blu-Ray capabilities.

I know of the current DELL 15% off code at techbargains.com.

>>>> Dell Home has the Sony Playstation 3 80GB HDD Gaming Console for $339.99 after 15% off Coupon Code: D$?HDV$KGRJ?D6 (Exp 1/28). Free Shipping. Tax in most.

Without a doubt the best current deal is the $150 off from Playstation.com with a Playstation credit card credit, but that only works if you have the chops to get approved for the card.

[quote name='snookie_wookums']Without a doubt the best current deal is the $150 off from Playstation.com with a Playstation credit card credit, but that only works if you have the chops to get approved for the card.[/QUOTE]
That deal appears to be dead unless you already got the credit card before the end of December, I believe.

Thanks for the tip. However, I don't want to open another line of credit just to receive a discount on PS3. Not worth it in the long run, IMO. Milan

[quote name='rockphantom']Thanks for the tip. However, I don't want to open another line of credit just to receive a discount on PS3. Not worth it in the long run, IMO. Milan[/quote]

Open the account and then close it. A closed account will never affect your credit rating.

Other than that you could get a used one on ebay using that live.com deal. Search for it through live.com and do a buy it now and they will give you like 15% cash back 3 months after the sale.

The best option IMO is to wait for a price drop... ;)

I've heard rumors of a PS3 price drop. Does anyone have any concrete information on when the drop will occur? I was hoping a price reduction would be announced at the CES, however no such luck. Milan

The word is on the price drop is March of 2009, but Sony has denied any price drop. The reason why there are rumors is because apparently Sony is either close to or already making a profit of the PS 3. The cost of making them is lower which is why you hear those rumors.

If it doesn't happen in March, it'll probably happen during the Holidays. They are only 8 million behind the 360 in consoles sold, and even though its a big number, its a lot closer than what the experts though.

So yeah, watch out for 3/09.

And as far as the best deal goes. I'd say Amazon.com. Everywhere else you have to pay maybe $30 extra in taxes. Amazon, it's $399.99 and free shipping. Plus they have this deal where you can get the PS 3 plus an extra controller for like $425. The Dual Shock 3 controller alone costs about $50.

bread's done
Back