Best damn place to buy a Zune? ie. best price

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I am currently considering a Zune very likely in the next few weeks. I've checked ebay, and the average sale price seems to be around $175. Is that the best place in terms of price to pick one up, or anyone have some suggestions (saw this Sunday adds has zune for $210 somewhere).

I'd wait. Zune 2.0 has apparently been confirmed to come out later this year along with a Zune Flash mp3 player.

So when 2.0 does get announced/released, expect some nice price cuts. Or you can see if the upgrade is worth the extra $.

Ahahaha. I only clicked on this thread to see how long it would take for someone to talk shit about the Zune. It happened in the very first reply.

I don't recommend getting a Zune, but if you insist, I wouldn't wait for an updated version. Grab it for as cheap as you can find it now and enjoy it for the 8 extra months you would be waiting.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'd wait. Zune 2.0 has been apparently been confirmed to come out later this year along with a Zune Flash mp3 player.

So when 2.0 does get announced/released, expect some nice price cuts. Or you can see if the upgrade is worth the extra $.[/QUOTE]

good point.

as for all you ipod lovers, I've spent hours and long ass times with both the zune and ipod. So far the zune works alot better with the way I work, plus I can't stand trendy ass stuff.

I dont get why all the hate on the zune, ive used both of them (i personally have a zen) and love the zune and am considering getting one myself. no more of apples bullshit

[quote name='Dok Diamond']I dont get why all the hate on the zune, ive used both of them (i personally have a zen) and love the zune and am considering getting one myself. no more of apples bullshit[/QUOTE]

That's kinda how I feel. I've had 2 iPods, and both have broken within 2 years. My Apple-blowjob giving friend was trying to convince me that's a good life span...bullshit.

I'm personally waiting for the new generation of mp3 players, especially ones from Creative and the new Zune. I'm gonna wait and see what Apple unveils and see how I feel when they announce it.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']That's kinda how I feel. I've had 2 iPods, and both have broken within 2 years. My Apple-blowjob giving friend was trying to convince me that's a good life span...bullshit.

I'm personally waiting for the new generation of mp3 players, especially ones from Creative and the new Zune. I'm gonna wait and see what Apple unveils and see how I feel when they announce it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've heard too many times how easy apple stuff breaks. Yes, it's sleek and nice looking, but is it durable enough where I can bump it every once in a while? I'm guessing not.

yeah, the vocal majority of zune-bashers have never even used one......they've just got their ipod's stuck to far up their i-asses to make their own i-opinions

I got it at Best Buy with a warranty so once the 2.0 comes out, my Zune will suddenly have "terrible battery life" :)

[quote name='Msut77']You can probably find one in a dumpster if you look.[/QUOTE]

The ZUNE isn't that bad. Its taken the ipod 5 designs to get to where they are now... so give MS some time.

i'm getting tired of my 5th gen ipod video. very often it won't go in sleep mode and i have to soft reset it every time. and i listen to downloads of the adam carolla show and soft reseting resets the time counter or whatever it's called.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, I've heard too many times how easy apple stuff breaks. Yes, it's sleek and nice looking, but is it durable enough where I can bump it every once in a while? I'm guessing not.[/QUOTE]

I've dropped my iPod from chest level to the asphalt a few times and it's barely even scratched.

[quote name='chodax']I got it at Best Buy with a warranty so once the 2.0 comes out, my Zune will suddenly have "terrible battery life" :)[/QUOTE]

My plan exactly. :)

I've used most MP3 players, and to be honest, they're all about the same. I know, that sounds crazy, but it's true. Basically all you should care about is the interface and how you plan to use it. Zune has some flaws, but so do the Zen and iPod. If the Zune works best for you, for whatever reason, then get it and enjoy it.

with the new firmware 1.3 it seems a lot snappier and speedier in its response time after pressing buttons. I am pretty pleased with the speed increase. The only problem I have had with my zune is occasionally it won't wake up from being off. I have to plug it into the computer to wake it up.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']good point.

as for all you ipod lovers, I've spent hours and long ass times with both the zune and ipod. So far the zune works alot better with the way I work, plus I can't stand trendy ass stuff.[/quote]

seriously the ipod is a fashion statement. A few new zunes have been confirmed. 2 smaller flash zunes and anew zune that is thinner with a larger screen. I would wait my friend. CC has a 1 gb this week fro 40 bucks. im getting that to hold me over till the new zune.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']The ZUNE isn't that bad. Its taken the ipod 5 designs to get to where they are now... so give MS some time.[/QUOTE]

What is essentially a rebranded Toshiba Gigabeat shouldn't need any more "time". It was already a current generation product.

Check Staples online. They have the Black and White 30gb Zune for 199 after instant coupon. Then get the Ebay "50 off 200" coupon. Add a filler to get to $200. Apply the coupon and you get it for $150 plus s/h. I think the deal ends 5-05

bread's done
Back