Best deal for a good laptop on blackfriday?

i want a better laptop...something around 1000. I want to be able to play games on it just a little bit of gaming. really fast processor & highest res.

If your budget is 1,000 you don't really need black friday for that then. You aren't going to find gaming laptop in special on most store. You'll find 'entertainment' ones that are mostly for video watching, surfing, a bit of gaming (but low setting or older games).

You'll want something like this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4824085&CatId=17

Is 829.99, can be updated to 8 GB (comes with 4) has it's own dedicated graphic card, is a nice size 17.1). Is funny that the refurbish one of about the same series has better specs (but cheaper)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5397689&CatId=17

It's the same in everything, BUT the refurbish one has Blu-ray. I am sure there are more computer savvy people here that can point to maybe better CPU. But for your budget of 1000, this are good option that leave you cash.

The laptops in store in blackfriday (the ones I seen) aren't really up to what you probably want.

$197!!??!! Holy moley!

Is that a good laptop? I was going to get a Dell-Inspiron 15 and customize it nicely since it seems decent and has a good price for me.

How is this compared to the Dell Inspiron? Should I get this laptop for $197 if I was looking to buy a laptop primarily for word processing, surfing the web, and downloading/burning music and movies?

What do you all think? What time would I need to get out there?

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']$197!!??!! Holy moley!

Is that a good laptop? I was going to get a Dell-Inspiron 15 and customize it nicely since it seems decent and has a good price for me.

How is this compared to the Dell Inspiron? Should I get this laptop for $197 if I was looking to buy a laptop primarily for word processing, surfing the web, and downloading/burning music and movies?

What do you all think? What time would I need to get out there?[/QUOTE]

My guess is for $197 it's probably incredibly crappy, and not good for much else besides word processing and light internet browsing, but who knows.

Amazon has a hp laptop lightning deal in 2 hours I may get (depending on the price) - not quite a gaming machine, but seems pretty solid

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']$197!!??!! Holy moley!

What do you all think? What time would I need to get out there?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget dell 20% Bing CB.

Yes, dell 20% bing! But I won't have the money for the Dell until after Christmas. And if this HP is just as good for far cheaper, I'd rather get that. It's not like $200 is it's original price either and they have a Vaio for $400.

Craigslist had nothing worthwhile in Phoenix. It's a shame that gaming notebook are never really on sale during Black Friday. Do they really think all gamers are loaded and won't wait for a price drop?

Please answer this.

I've decided this is a very good buy for me and I will go to the "door buster", but I've never been to a doorbuster before.

Will there be an organized line?

What time will I need to show up to get this?

Please. all information helps.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Please answer this.

I've decided this is a very good buy for me and I will go to the "door buster", but I've never been to a doorbuster before.

Will there be an organized line?

What time will I need to show up to get this?

Please. all information helps.[/QUOTE]

Line will be organized. If you expect to be able to purchase one, leave after your Thanksgiving day meal and go get in line. There will likely be several hundred other patrons accompanying you in the process.

bread's done
Back