Best Deal for Farscape -all seasons?

Scaevola

CAGiversary!
Looking for the complete box set (don't necessarily need peace keeper wars I bought it already) Anyone know of a reall good deal on this or where to look?

Also does anyone know what is so special about the star burst editions versus the normal boxed sets?

Thanks in advance.

The Starburst editions have more extra's , average about 45 bucks a season and take up less space. You could have gotten them for about 13-14 each at the DeepDiscountDvd.com sale that just ended.

yeah, get the starbursts. Check Overstock, they usually have a few and you can find 10% off coupons. Otherwise wait for the next DDD sale.

It's funny, if they were sold as 45$ a season I wouldn't buy them, but since they split it up it doesn't seem as bad.

I heard some of the farscape starburst sets had issues with skipping and the like.

I ended up getting the original box sealed for $50 shipped on ebay and just got season 2 for $42 shipped. Its the austrailian version but its same content and I have a region free dvd player so it doesnt matter.

I'll probably snag the starburst set for season 3 during the novembor DDD sale.

[quote name='Brian9824']I heard some of the farscape starburst sets had issues with skipping and the like.

[/QUOTE]

They used to, when they were 2 disc sets. Now they are 4 discs and are better. The problem is most internet sites arent very specific about what they actually have in stock.

[quote name='starman9000']They used to, when they were 2 disc sets. Now they are 4 discs and are better. The problem is most internet sites arent very specific about what they actually have in stock.[/QUOTE]

Did they go back and re-do the previous ones as 4 disc sets? I stopped buying them after after the 4th or 5th because of the quality issues.

[quote name='odhen']Did they go back and re-do the previous ones as 4 disc sets? I stopped buying them after after the 4th or 5th because of the quality issues.[/QUOTE]

I've heard mixed reports on that, some say they have gotten Season 2 sets as 4 disc sets but can't remember for Season 1. I ordered Season 2 collection 3 got that as the two disc set. All three of my Season 3 sets were 4 disc though.

Anybody know of any cheap prices on Farscape Season 3/4. Those are the only two that I need as I got the first season box set (the big digipack) when BB was clearancing them out for $30 and $50 for season 2 (didn't seem bad at the time). If there aren't any cheap prices than I'll just go for the starburst sets.

one more thing

so the sunburst verisons are way better then?

how does the naming scheme work

http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=farscape%20starburst&pw=farscape%20starbrust&rt=spelling&isort=score

Is version v1.0 to v.11 is that the entire series? I was debating getting them now..just how good is that DDD deal anyway Like my third day after discovering CAD so I'm newb to how good the specials can get. Seems like it only be $180 for all 3 seasons if v1 - v11 is the entire series can anyone say for certain?

[quote name='Scaevola']one more thing

so the sunburst verisons are way better then?

how does the naming scheme work

http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=farscape%20starburst&pw=farscape%20starbrust&rt=spelling&isort=score

Is version v1.0 to v.11 is that the entire series? I was debating getting them now..just how good is that DDD deal anyway Like my third day after discovering CAD so I'm newb to how good the specials can get. Seems like it only be $180 for all 3 seasons if v1 - v11 is the entire series can anyone say for certain?[/QUOTE]

There are 4 seasons 3 sets per season for a total of 12. DDD doesn't carry Volume 5 aka Season 2 collection 2 for some reason. Volume 12 won't be out till probably October or November either.

It's been mentioned "wait for November at DDD", but in case you're not familiar with their sale, it'll be 20% off everything (DVDs and storage units). They do it twice a year, you just missed the June sale.

V.1-12 is the entire 4 seasons, but they've only released 10 so far.

Currently, V.1-11 (-V5) is $163 shipped at DDD.
if you wait until November, it'll kick it down to $130.

Or you can get about 8 of them from Overstock.com for $15.26, I think there's still a valid free shipping code and a stackable 10% off code, making them $13.73 shipped. They don't have V.5 either...what's going on with that one?

[quote name='Kerig']It's been mentioned "wait for November at DDD", but in case you're not familiar with their sale, it'll be 20% off everything (DVDs and storage units). They do it twice a year, you just missed the June sale.

V.1-12 is the entire 4 seasons, but they've only released 10 so far.

Currently, V.1-11 (-V5) is $163 shipped at DDD.
if you wait until November, it'll kick it down to $130.

Or you can get about 8 of them from Overstock.com for $15.26, I think there's still a valid free shipping code and a stackable 10% off code, making them $13.73 shipped. They don't have V.5 either...what's going on with that one?[/QUOTE]

They get V.5 in and out and overstock, thats where I got it.

And yes, Drahken, all but one of the sets I have recieved has been the new 4 disc versions, including seasons 1 and 2. I did get 1 2 disc from deep discount (it was volume 6) but hopefully Ill be able to swap it out.

You can get starburst editions right now for about 10-12$ using the Google checkout coupon for 10$ off at places like dvdempire and bestprices. So that may be another good option for people.

one more question. me being so new on all. how does this google coupon work. Could I seriously use it 10 times to save a butt load on shipping? Anyone care to explain? Plesae.

bread's done
Back