Best deal for Gamecube(used) and feedback/deals on some games

kelp

CAG Veteran
I know, what am I doing buying a GC when the Wii is coming out. Well, the thing is, all of the good games on the Wii aren't gonna come out until like 2-3 years later. I have a PS2, but I want a GC for entertainment purposes when people come over. PS2 has crappy multiplayer games. I need the best deal for a GC, used, and what are the best deals on the following games:
SSBM(only seen $30)
Super Monkey Ball 2(how is the MP, I've never played this game)
Mario Kart: DD(have only seen $30, too)
Bomberman Generation(is this like the Bomberman game on the Genesis? I loved that game. Can someone explain the multiplayer to me?)
Also, is there a Goldeneye-esque game for the GC? I know there's a 007 game, but is it as good as Goldeneye?

I'm just looking to buy a GC for party reasons.

Sorry for a quick reply, but I just heard you could play GC games on the Wii!?! So, should I just save up for the Wii and buy the GC games listed above? I'll save $130 in the long run. I won't buy SSBM(i'll wait for SSBB) and I won't buy a GC.

[quote name='kelp']Sorry for a quick reply, but I just heard you could play GC games on the Wii!?! So, should I just save up for the Wii and buy the GC games listed above? I'll save $130 in the long run. I won't buy SSBM(i'll wait for SSBB) and I won't buy a GC.[/quote]
If I was in your situation, I would just get a Wii. The Wii will have full BC with GC games, and it supports four Gamecube controllers, memory cards, etc.

And if you want party games, the new Warioware that comes out sometime in January will be perfect!

Alright, that sounds nice, I'll just buy a couple of GC controllers for my Wii. Does anybody know if Timesplitters > Goldeneye? I really love Goldeneye. I swear, I like my N64 over my PS2 because of the MP games.

Timesplitters are made by ex-Rare employees (the guys who made your beloved Goldeneye 007 for N64). FYI, Timesplitters is available on PS2 and IIRC, it was $8.96 at Circuit City.

If you thought N64 was a party machine, Wii is going to obliterate it. Did you read up on Wii sports? It comes packaged with the Wii for free and will make an awesome party game.

Wii sports composes of baseball, golf, boxing, tennis, and bowling. But instead of pressing buttons, you swing the remote to control. Like in Wii Sports Tennis, you hold the remote as if it were a tennis racket and swing it like you do in real life to control what happens on the TV screen.

you can get a pretty sweet gamecube for $60 used around your way, and maybe even gamestop at times (they keep raising it and lowering it).

I recommend these titles on the powerful cube:
Paper Mario 2 and 3 (not out yet I believe)
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (Powerful games)

truckload of others, but since you have a PS2 I'll limit it to just exclusives

I recommend a Wii if your budget allows it btw, it will be able to play all the cube games.

[quote name='Jewelz23']
I recommend these titles on the powerful cube:
Paper Mario 2 and 3 (not out yet I believe)
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (Powerful games)

truckload of others, but since you have a PS2 I'll limit it to just exclusives

[/quote]

Resident Evil 4 might be the best game Ive ever played

bread's done
Back