Best Deal for PS2 Memory Cards

dagame92

CAGiversary!
I'm actually breaking down and getting a refurb PS2 and was wanting to get a great price for memory cards so I can buy more games.

Thanks

picked up a 64mb in retail packaging from ebay for only 17 with free shipping.

thought it was worth it enough to not get any used or 3rd party.

[quote name='xycury']picked up a 64mb in retail packaging from ebay for only 17 with free shipping.

thought it was worth it enough to not get any used or 3rd party.[/quote]

Sony only makes 8 mb...?

64 mb would be 3rd party.

Amazon had the 2-Pack Sony PS2 cards for $15 during Black Friday. I bought some, then like a week later, they went down to $8. Yes, they were the Sony branded memory cards - not the 3rd party cards.

Deal Extreme has some pretty good deals on PS2 memory cards. Take note that these aren't official Sony cards, but they are significantly cheaper. Orders from Deal Extreme will usually take longer than average in transit time, but you will get your stuff.

These are probably the best bang for your buck:

8MB Memory Card

64MB Memory Card

[quote name='kscripter']Amazon had the 2-Pack Sony PS2 cards for $15 during Black Friday. . . they went down to $8.[/QUOTE]

I bought several of the Sony packs from Amazon for $8, but the 64MB third party card is still a better deal if you can find it on sale. I've had no trouble with the couple of 64MB cards I've had over the years, and it sure beats swapping out 8MB cards to find different game saves.

[quote name='Murderotica7']Sony only makes 8 mb...?

64 mb would be 3rd party.[/QUOTE]

Sony makes a 32mb memory card for PS2. Maybe he meant that.

[quote name='KillingMachine']
These are probably the best bang for your buck:

8MB Memory Card

64MB Memory Card[/QUOTE]

Anyone buy these? I read one review of the 128mb version and it says that there are no icons on the saves. Are the DX cards all like that?

[quote name='norkusa']
Anyone buy these? I read one review of the 128mb version and it says that there are no icons on the saves. Are the DX cards all like that?[/QUOTE]

I bought one of the 8MB cards a while back. It has the icons. Can't speak for any of the others though. Could be some type of oddity with the 128MB card because of the size.

[quote name='norkusa']Sony makes a 32mb memory card for PS2. Maybe he meant that.

[/quote]

Yep, don't know why I typed 64 but it was the 32mb card.

32mb for 17.

[quote name='xycury']Yep, don't know why I typed 64 but it was the 32mb card.

32mb for 17.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a pretty good deal for one of those Katana memory cards. I see them in stores all the time for $39.99.

From the looks of it, the card has 4 separate 'banks' where the saves are stored and you have to press a button to access each one. Is that a hassle? It's the only thing that keeps me from buying one.

bread's done
Back