Best deal for renting Blu-ray Movies

[quote name='Archangelrey']Anyone know the price for Neflix, Blockbuster, hollywood video or family video? Online and/or in store[/quote]

A rather odd request when you can just go to their respective websites for the answers, don't you think?:whistle2:k

Yes, I know but I trying to see if anyone has any online membership deals and such.:bouncy:I don't know if better going to the store to sign up or doing on online.

The MVP program at Hollywood Video includes Blu-Ray rentals, including new releases. I think it's $29.99 a month, but you can have three out at a time and return them and rent more at any time.

I pay $8.99 a month for Netflix. It's one movie at a time unlimited for the month. The prices go up from there depending on the amount of movies you want out at a time.

Thanks, I think I should been more direct when I start this. Anyway I didn't see any treads that say like" Get a free month" or "3.99 for online month". Anyway blockbuster has a "3.99 a month" I'm think of going that way.

I like Blockbuster.com.

You can rent Blu-Ray discs there, but their supply is much smaller than that of their DVDs... some movies that have been out since last year still have a "short wait" or "long wait". You can still return discs in-store to rent a new movie, and it works on (to get) Blu-rays. The blockbuster stores I've been visiting get a decent amount of movies in, and I can usually get new releases if I go there early on Tuesdays.

Netflix has similar availability problems with Blu-Ray as Blockbuster for Blu-Ray (or HD-DVD on Netflix). Pretty much, it better be the top move in your queue on Monday before the Tuesday release date comes or you probably aren't going to get it right away.

I'm using Blockbuster.com for $11.99 now as you can get a free rental when you turn the movie in the store (which includes Blu-Ray) as I didn't find any difference between the two in Hi Def availability, but I preferred the extra movies.

Netflix has gotten much better with Blu-ray availability. Hasn't been too difficult to get new releases. However Netflix plans to increase rates for those who rent blu-ray. At that time, maybe I'll jump ship to Blockbuster online.

I've been using Blockbuster Online for all my BR needs. Thankfully the store nearest to me has a wide selection of BR movies (including count 'em four copies of Semi-Pro) so even if Blockbuster.com doesn't have a movie (or it's forever under "long wait"), it's a pretty fair guess to say that the store will have it.

I just signed up for Netflix over the weekend and I'm already ready to give them the boot.

I wanted Cloverfield and There Will Be Blood on Blu-ray and put them in my queue with nothing else. Tuesday comes around and they ship me neither. As of right now Cloverfield is "Long Wait" and Blood is "Short Wait".

It's bad when they didn't even send me *one* of the new releases I had on my list and I'm a brand new subscriber.

I've been using Gamefly for almost 2 years and if I have a game in my queue the night before it ships, they will send me the game, day one, 100% of the time. It's absurd that Netflix has been around this long and still hasn't gotten its act together.

I'll probably switch over to Blockbuster once my free month is over and see how they are.

My nearby Blockbuster is $1 a night for blu-ray, or anything else for that matter(yes, games too) but I think we're a test market, so YMMV. :)

[quote name='skullivan']I just signed up for Netflix over the weekend and I'm already ready to give them the boot.

I wanted Cloverfield and There Will Be Blood on Blu-ray and put them in my queue with nothing else. Tuesday comes around and they ship me neither. As of right now Cloverfield is "Long Wait" and Blood is "Short Wait".

It's bad when they didn't even send me *one* of the new releases I had on my list and I'm a brand new subscriber.

I've been using Gamefly for almost 2 years and if I have a game in my queue the night before it ships, they will send me the game, day one, 100% of the time. It's absurd that Netflix has been around this long and still hasn't gotten its act together.

I'll probably switch over to Blockbuster once my free month is over and see how they are.[/quote]It's a first come first serve set up, everyone has had those films in their queues for longer.

bread's done
Back