Best deal on 1GB PC 3200 400Mhz RAM

Chitown021

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I'm looking to upgrade the ram on my PC. My system only has (2) memory slots and I currently have 512MB modules in them. I'm looking to replace them with (2) 1GB modules. I'm looking for the best deal or if any CAGers out there have some extra ram they want to sell/trade me.

I would suggest no skimping out on RAM. Unless you know the name brand that you want, then you can go ahead and search for the cheapest price.

I remember several years ago when RAM was one of those things you didn't buy cheap because it was more likely to be messed up, causing you system errors that you wouldn't be able to figure out.

I've always trusted Cruicial.com

[quote name='phreak5k']I would suggest no skimping out on RAM. Unless you know the name brand that you want, then you can go ahead and search for the cheapest price.

I remember several years ago when RAM was one of those things you didn't buy cheap because it was more likely to be messed up, causing you system errors that you wouldn't be able to figure out.

I've always trusted Cruicial.com[/quote]

Cool thanks for the tip.

[quote name='phreak5k']I would suggest no skimping out on RAM. Unless you know the name brand that you want, then you can go ahead and search for the cheapest price.

I've always trusted Cruicial.com[/QUOTE]

Well, most memory makers use chips from one of the big three makers of memory chips: Samsung, Micron, and A-Data. But name brand is important for the warranty.

Depends how much you're looking to spend. Newegg caries some crucial and corsair 1 GB sticks in the $75 -$80 range that should do well for must uses. If you want to go a little cheaper you can go with a no name brand.

bread's done
Back