Best deal on a 360?

gage006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Where can I find a good deal on the 360? (Extras or cheaper price) Probably just going to get the premium but if the elite has a good deal going on, i'll go for it.

The only thing i've been able to find is the 12 rentals from gamecrazy but i'll never use those, so it's worthless.

Also, what kind of risk am I looking at buying it used from craigslist and the like. Do I still get the 3 year RROD warrenty?

Yeah, there aren't too many deals on systems. Unless you get it used, they are all basically the same. Well, Walmart is always a few cents cheaper. haha

I'm in the same situation you are. I'm looking for a 360, but am probably just going to purchase it at Best Buy, because I can rack up some Rewards Zone points.

On the warranty issue, I doubt you would get the 3 year warranty on a used one unless you have proof of when the previous owner bought it. I myself am going to probably purchase a warranty from Best Buy just to be safe. I don't like the idea of having to send mine off and most likely not getting the same one back.

I would just get a used one or a broken one on ebay and have microsoft fix it. Just make sure it has the 3 red rings problem. I've had 3 360's break on me, and everyone i know has had theirs break at least once, so yours will eventually break too. There's no point in getting a new one.

The warranty covers all broken 360's in existence right now that have 3 red rings. Whenever you call them (800-4MY-XBOX) they ask you whats wrong. You say it has 3 red rings. They ask you for the console's serial #, no proof of purchase or any of that crap. They say they'll send you a prepaid box to ship it back to them and they fix it for free. The third time it breaks they even give you a free game :roll: . Anyways, its a really simple process to get it fixed. You just have to wait like 3 weeks to get it back.

[quote name='mj1984']
The warranty covers all broken 360's in existence right now that have 3 red rings. Whenever you call them (800-4MY-XBOX) they ask you whats wrong. You say it has 3 red rings. They ask you for the console's serial #, no proof of purchase or any of that crap.[/quote]

That's good to know.

[quote name='electronicthroat']That's good to know.[/quote]

If you are gonna get a used one make sure its still has the warranty sticker intact.
Its located behind the faceplate and below the power button.
Without it you can kiss that 3yr free warranty goodbye.

[quote name='mj1984']I would just get a used one or a broken one on ebay and have microsoft fix it. Just make sure it has the 3 red rings problem. I've had 3 360's break on me, and everyone i know has had theirs break at least once, so yours will eventually break too. There's no point in getting a new one.
[/quote]

Like someone said earlier, I think i'll just get it from Best Buy with the reward zone points unless I can find an FYE with the 10% off. I've got a 360 currently that I got as an xmas present for me and my brother but i'm moving away and gonna let him keep it. Hence my need for a 2nd. Anyways, that first one just hit it's 1st year birthday and still hasn't had a RROD. Friend of mine just bought Rock Band this xmas and it broke the next day. *shrug*

[quote name='gage006']Where can I find a good deal on the 360?[/QUOTE]

I found a pair of 360s for $80. :D

I went to CompUSA today, but they were totally out of 360's. And I was going to purchase an Xbox this coming weekend, but now with the rumor of Microsoft announcing something new, I don't know if I should buy one yet.

I was planning on buying just the Arcade version, but if they reduce the prices of them, I'd like to get the Pro version.

[quote name='electronicthroat'] but now with the rumor of Microsoft announcing something new, I don't know if I should buy one yet.[/quote]
They are just rumors for now.
When they do eventually come out with a new revision (Jasper) or The so-call rumored one with the 320gb HD, wifi, HD-DVD one it will be at the end of this new year or even later into next if its even true.
So if you want to wait that long and miss out on some upcoming games i suggest you just bite now.
Most likely you'll get a Falcon model now and that version looks pretty good, only time will tell if it is really dependable or not but from a person that owns one ... its runs alot cooler.
I'm very happy that i got one, its my first 360 too.

[quote name='supraazn']They are just rumors for now.
When they do eventually come out with a new revision (Jasper) or The so-call rumored one with the 320gb HD, wifi, HD-DVD one it will be at the end of this new year or even later into next if its even true.
So if you want to wait that long and miss out on some upcoming games i suggest you just bite now.
Most likely you'll get a Falcon model now and that version looks pretty good, only time will tell if it is really dependable or not but from a person that owns one ... its runs alot cooler.
I'm very happy that i got one, its my first 360 too.[/quote]

You really don't need to miss out on good games. I stockpiling all the good games which I bought brand new for less than $20, thanks to this site. Some examples is Rainbow Six Vegas LE, Graw, Graw 2, Splinter Cell, and FEAR. Although I couldn't find Condemn despite all the $20 sales, looks like it wasn't that popular.

bread's done
Back