Best deal on a decent Laptop?

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
My current Dell is 3.5 years old and on its last legs. Looking to get a decent replacement that will be used for Internet surfing, store about 50-100 GB of music on it, and be able to handle some basic spreadsheets when I work from home. Budget is around $400 but willing to go $500 if needed. I've heard good things about HP and Acer but wanted to get some other CAG thoughts? Any good deals at retailers like Best Buy or Staples right now for one? Appreciate any help!

I've had both HP and Acer brand laptops.

I don't know of any current deals, Newegg would be good for PC/related items and if you sign up for their emails you get daily deals and promos etc, but I can comment on the brands themselves.

My wife had an HP up until about 5 years ago. Seems she had it for a year, maybe more then that, when the HDD conked out and we lost a lot of important items along with it.

A little ways down the road I got an Acer on sale from Wal-Mart.

That laptop has been great. Had it for almost 4 years and had no troubles from it. The only big issue is the battery started acting up 6 months or so back, but hey up until then it had lasted quite a while. Great for general use and the one I have came with MS Office (which makes me think it would have been good for work related issues).

Too long d/r version - HP we had didn't last long, wouldn't recommend, Acer brand I have, no major hiccups would definitely buy another.

Edit: I would get this Acer Aspire if I was in the market for a new laptop -

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-aspire-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-midnight-black/8274088.p?id=1219321335266

Good specs at a nice price. I hope that this helps my fellow CAG.

bread's done
Back