best deal on a ds, what games?

TLFerrill

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I know nothing about the ds, but want to get one for my girl for christmas because to this day she plays mario snes and puzzle games galore.

my question to you is what it the best place to get a deal on a mint ds? I just lost a ds lite on ebay to snipe. im pretty convinved I want the lite, because it's still cheaper than the dsi and i know very little about the system and don't care to use the wifi features and whatnot, just want to play games. I've also read the lite has the same screen quality as the i(way better than the original). I'm planning on getting her the new mario brothers as well as a few of the GBA mario titles to get her started, any sweet puzzle games I should look into?

Thanks guys, I'm a straight consoler, the last handheld I owned was the gameboy color. Educate me.

You'll definitely want a DS lite then as the DSi doesn't have a GBA slot.

As far games, it depends on her age, but these are pretty popular:

Nintendogs
Cooking Mama
Professor Layton series
Animal Crossing
Carnival Games
Scribblenauts

As for ebay, This one is selling for $49.99 plus $10 shipping. It also comes with Nintendogs, which makes it even sweeter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-DS-LITE-/270648275278?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3f03e4f14e

edit: I originally listed a white DS Phat, but the one above is an actual DS and a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='luischav3z']That is not a ds lite[/QUOTE]

lol, that's actually pretty funny. I just took a quick glimpse from the listing page, saw that it was white without a camera on top (i.e. not the DSi) and thought it was. My bad. Knew that price was too good to be true. Did they make the DS Phat in white? That's the first I've seen one like that.

Okay, this one for sure is a DS Lite, and is selling for $49.99 plus $10 shipping. It also comes with Nintendogs, which makes it even sweeter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-DS-LITE-/270648275278?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3f03e4f14e

might pull the trigger on that one. any suggestions for really basic puzzlers? she plays luxor and such on the 360 a lot. I think I'm going to get aniimal crossings for sure.

Tetris DS is the most fun and best puzzle game on the DS IMO.....BUT>.....it is also kind of pricey. I mean if price isn't a factor, I'd highly recommend it.

Here are some Puzzle type games to look at:

Meteos (Disney theme edition available)
Planet Puzzle League
Bejeweled Twist
Puzzle Quest (might be a little too complicated)
Peggle (not really a puzzler, but it's fun!)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Here are some Puzzle type games to look at:

Meteos (Disney theme edition available)
Planet Puzzle League
Bejeweled Twist
Puzzle Quest (might be a little too complicated)
Peggle (not really a puzzler, but it's fun!)[/QUOTE]

Those are all pretty good titles... Mario 64 also has quite a few puzzle/card type mini games in it.

So I'm working on a copy of new mario bros and bejeweled as well as some of the compilations of arcadey/puzzle games.

By the way, when I said "my girl" I meant my girlfriend who is twenty-two. I forget sometimes that such a phrase could also mean my daughter.

lol, yeah sorry thought it was your daughter so I mentioned more kid-friendly stuff. She'd likely like Puzzle Quest then since it's basically Bejeweled with some RPG elements in it.

Nintendo DSi with Mario & Luigi game Bundle - White

$149.99

Free shipping

B001TOQ8WU.01.sm.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DSi-...4I14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287606216&sr=8-1

Update on my hunt.

Bought a ds lite used but in mint condition with a nice case, screen protectors etc for $70. Nice deal.

Traded itunes for Millionheir and Space invaders 2 from sirplue (thanks)

Bought New Super mario, nintendogs labrador, and bejeweled twist in the b2g1 gamestop promo online. Bejeweled was the only one with original case (flippin gamestop). Went to the local store and did the buy-return move on a complete copy of nintendogs, no luck on the super mario yet. Only complete extras I could find online were $9 on ebay. shaq that noise. Have til christmas to hunt down a case/manual for that and hopefully find animal crossing and some cheap puzzle collections. girl loves solitare for some reason.

gohastings' sale netted me animal crossing and midnight play pack for $19 shipped. Pretty good deal. This girl is going to have her first backlog!

bread's done
Back