Best deal on a PS3?

Unfortunately right now there aren't too many decent deals going on for new systems. But if you want, you could check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread and keep an eye out for a PS3 or game/console bundle. Most are just customer returns from people who received the item and just didn't want it once they received it, so the system may not even have been used.

I got the Black Friday bundle with Pixeljunk Shooter/Uncharted 2/Karate Kid remake Blu-Ray for $225 shipped w/ Prime about a month or so ago. It came with a 160gb hdd(but this is moot since PS3 HDD's are user upgradable), so you won't run out of space for quite a while.

As long as the packing slip/receipt for it doesn't say USED anywhere on it you can register it with Sony as a new console and even get an extended warranty from them($45 for one year, $60 for two years).

But be warned that you WILL need a copy of your receipt from the purchase to be sent in should the PS3 ever need in-warranty service.

yeah this sucks... im selling my ps3 today in fear of the YLOD, but i wanted to buy a new one today so i could transfer everything right before i sell it. nobody has a deal! i shoulda bought one long ago, black friday deal was good.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']yeah this sucks... im selling my ps3 today in fear of the YLOD, but i wanted to buy a new one today so i could transfer everything right before i sell it. nobody has a deal! i shoulda bought one long ago, black friday deal was good.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is if you plan on transferring everything via a USB flash drive or something, as some game saves are locked to the HDD and can't be copied without copying everything else on the console as well.:cry:

so I'm gonna jump in here as I have a 360, but am looking into getting a ps3. While I'm hoping for a 60 gb version for the BC, would you say they're still reliable if I was to get one now? As I would settle for a good deal (looking at AWD atm) on the slim, i would like the ps2 functionality if possible if possible/they still would work fine.

bread's done
Back