Best deal on a PSP?

BluesCluesMama

CAGiversary!
I'm looking to find the best deal on a PSP console but I am having a bit of trouble. I'm finding conflicting prices and it's a bit confusing. I've found consoles way up to $259 and some down to $159, and the ones down that low are "slim" and I'm wondering if those are different for any reason other than being smaller? I just want something for a cheaper price that will play all PSP games. I'm a little lost when it comes to these new handheld systems.

The slim models are thinner, 33% lighter, possess video out capabilities for playing games/watching movies on your TV (Please note that the required ~$15 cable is NOT included with any of the slim offerings) and have more RAM which is supposed to lead to shorter loading times.

There are currently three options for buying a slim:
1. Plain Black, $169.99: black PSP, no game, no movie, no memory stick
2. Daxter Entertainment Pack, $199.99: silver PSP w/Daxter game, Family Guy video, & 1GB memory stick
3. Star Wars Entertainment Pack, $199.99: white PSP white Darth Vader on back & Star Wars game, no movie, no memory stick

Something to consider is that if you wish to save games or put any type of music, video, demo on your PSP you will need both a memory stick pro duo and a USB cable (same one most cameras use).

I own the Daxter pack and feel that it is the best deal out of the bunch. The silver unit masks fingerprints a heck of a lot better than the black and comes with everything you need to get started with a PSP (minus the USB cable).

As for deals, I would check the following website for deals on slightly used or sometimes unused PSPs.

http://www.warehousedeals.com/category/2271054561/1/Sony-PSP.htm

Cheers!

O.O You can put MUSIC on them?! OMG I think I'm gonna faint. LOL Now I really want one even more. Its going to be a while before I can save for it though. We're moving and I'll probably have to save ten to twenty bucks here and there. May take me a few months.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']A blood red PSP with God of War is supposedly coming out in June. It also has a movie and mem stick if I'm not wrong[/QUOTE]

Ah, right you are.

The God of War bundle will include a red PSP, God of War game, Syphon Filter Combat Ops game (downloadable online multiplayer shooter), and Superbad movie. I find the lack of a memory stick troubling, I don't know what Sony expects people to download Combat Ops to...

bread's done
Back