Best deal on a Virgin Mobile Slice?

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I've decided on this phone and Virgin Mobile's prepaid service, to serve as a cheap cell phone service that will suit my needs (I'll only be using it for a couple minutes a day at most, literally). Unless someone thinks that the Oystr is really cool and wants to convince me to buy it instead, I think I'll stand by my choice of the Slice, as it suits me stylistically. Though I will note, I'm buying it to talk, primarily; fashion statements are secondary.

Anyways, is there any way to get one for $30 or less (shipped, if it's an online deal)? I can get it at Radioshack.com for $37 shipped, it seems, but if I can get it just a bit cheaper, that'd be fantastic.

One thing that's confusing me, is that the product page for the Slice on radioshack.com lists both a "Save $20 instantly" promo and a "Save $30 instantly" promo. When I add it to the cart, however, only the $20 one is applied. Getting both would be ideal, clearly (freebie), but if there's a way to get the $30 instead of the $20, then that's the deal I'm looking for right there. Also, the ship-to-store option is not available for me, so I can't get the free shipping.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Should have gotten it when it was $20 at RS a few weeks ago. I got one, it's ok but the voice quality is very digitalish.[/QUOTE]
I know, I'm an idiot. I kind of don't like cell phones, and I only just caved in and decoded to get one this week. So, just a week ago, I wasn't planning on one at all.

well dont get the rave its horrible sound quality the shorty even beats that.

I seen the snapper around 40 at walmart or somewhere was it last week? That would def be the best deal if u wanna go a lil higher if not maybe try to print out the 30 dollar off and have the phone shipped to store and have them fix it on the spot.

BBY has a special edition Red Slice (link) that is $49.99 and comes with a $10 BBY gift card. (It doesn't say it online, but is in the 12/17 ad about the gift card)

Well, I just made a deal with an individual to buy a (spare) brand-new Slice that he got from the $20 sale at Radio Shack, for $27 shipped. So, I got the deal that I wanted.

Thanks everyone! This thread is done. :)

I'm actually in the market for something like this too.

I'll be home for 2 weeks and I'm 99% sure my Japanese cell phone won't work in Chicago so I'm interested in a cheap prepaid.

So how exactly do these phones work? Does it come with minutes or do you have to purchase the phone and buy phone cards or something?

B/c it looks like you can get $30 off of the one at Radio Shack so it'd only be $20:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...productId=2538413&support=support&tab=summary

(there's a blurb on the right that says: Save $30 instantly when you purchase Kyocera® Slice for Virgin Mobile 1701532. )

It's en excellent phone really. I paid 50$ for mine though on there site. Only bad thing is it has no camera and no picture messeges but I don't need those. The Snapper sucks really, the screen on them is awful.

You can do prepaid but I do the thing where I pay 16$ a month and get 100 minutes and 50 messages a month.

bread's done
Back