Best deal on Bose Companion 3 speakers?

Will

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
Sam's has it for 199.99 and just about everywhere else, even Bose stores have em for 249.99.

If anyone can recommend a better set of computer speakers for the same price range Im open to other options.

2nd on the 5500's. I just hooked up my set last night after my roommate had them this year. We watched fellowship of the ring and The Matrix. Very very nice.

Bose speakers (unless things have changed) are fixed prices. When they go on sale, they're on sale everywhere. So, if you've got your heart set on those, mind you Bose is seriously overrated, you'll have to wait until they go on sale.

Bose just happened to be the ones I ran across at Sam's that I liked the way they sounded. Im looking to upgrade my puter speakers so thats just the start. The next weekend or so Ill be doing a little more serious shopping on em.

[quote name='Redeema']Bose speakers (unless things have changed) are fixed prices. When they go on sale, they're on sale everywhere. So, if you've got your heart set on those, mind you Bose is seriously overrated, you'll have to wait until they go on sale.[/QUOTE]
Uh....no. Any store can put anything it wants on sale at anytime. Manufacturers don't control retail prices. In fact, it's illegal for them to do so. They can only suggest a price to retailers. That's why they call it MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price).

Anyways, Bose sucks, and so does Logitech (yeah, they make great mice and whatnot, but they simply aren't an audio company; they're an electronics accessories company that just happens to make speakers). If you want some real speakers, even if they are just multimedia speakers, try Klipsch's ProMedia line. Klipsch is a real audio company, not just an accessory maker that dabbles in cheap speakers.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh....no. Any store can put anything it wants on sale at anytime. Manufacturers don't control retail prices. In fact, it's illegal for them to do so. They can only suggest a price to retailers. That's why they call it MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price).

No, Bose has 'agreements' with the big box electronics' stores. If the store puts the speakers on an unauthorized sale, the store could be/would be subject to a really big fine. They, the stores, will not risk it.

you maybe able to find a set of refurbished speakers from an outlet store. Sams maybe selling last years models as well.

Thank you, John*s mom. It's obviously not illegal because Bose has been doing the same thing for years now. I've been out of retail for 5 years and for the 5 before that they were doing this practice, so it's not illegal. I would second the Klipsch solely on the fact that they make speakers on a higher end than Bose. JBL might also be a good bet, though I can't attest to their current quality they used to make some pretty nice speakers.

bread's done
Back