best deal on demon's souls

because imported copy doesnt come in delux edition?
also it stated on the site " release date October 6th 2009 "

and ya BNG is american, but free shipping to canada + much better than 79.99 from amazon.ca :)

Ultimately though, the question for me... Is how fast is the price drop and online support going to drop off? I don't really have time until december to really sit down and play a frustrating game (I'd sooner use my time progressing through a game which is why I'm still shelving NGS -- stupid Alma), and will the game really keep up in price until december? Hmm.

I did a T3 + $10 for my copy, might still be a good deal if you can snag some trade fodder...I have a hunch that Demon's Souls might be the game that becomes hard to find in circulation than cheaper on the market (similar to Valkyria Chronicles a while ago)

Unfortunately, I'm horrible with trade fodder -- I have no idea what to buy low and sell for these -- and I don't trade in my single copies of games since I rent them out to family and friends.

Just be forewarned that you're probably going to be waiting at least a month between the time you place your order with BNG and when you actually receive the game.

i think it's worth it though, i bought an extra copy of valkyria chronicles (already had a copy of the game opened & played through) since it was a really good deal & had no problem waiting. But if you are in a hurry, ur better off buying it either locally or off of amazon or something. The price difference is worth the wait in my opinion.

[quote name='JamesX']where is this game available, I tried fs and rcss today but no luck[/QUOTE]

My Toys R' Us had about 7 copies of the standard edition.

Got it through T3 at EB (regular edition) with 3 garbage games I got for $10 each from Rogers. About to pop it in tonight. I'm also #2 in the queue on Goozex for the Deluxe Edition.

Someone REALLY has to give me the heads up on good cannon fodder games since I can never find anything that's alright for under $20 that TIVs at $8 or higher.

That's why you gots to follow the TIV thread! Over the summer I snagged fodder from the FS $9.99 games and the Zellers $2/30 games. Just got to keep an eye out for sales!

I always just thought the TIVs thread tells of trade in values -- not deals. I always have a hard time finding deals on the things above 8 TIV because it seems there is like 2 months when the TIV is down on "sales" games, or the games are $20 to buy which is to hefty for trade in promos.

just to let you know, the game isn't available in Quebec because of the french law (the cover is only in english like most Atlus games)

you won't find it at any stores except some smaller ones like gamebuzz

the only lucky ones that got a copy were those who preordered it at Ebgames

bought my copy for 69.99

Personally whenever I think of buying games for trading in I just look at the $20 pre-owned stuff at EB. With an edge card you can get 3 games for $56. Not a stellar discount, but a discount you really didn't need to do any real legwork for ain't bad.

What do you do though? Take the Tivs list in with you? How do you know what the heck has a moderate TIV? The $20 stuff I always found is clearance.

Honestly, I take the TIV list with me on my iTouch...I just queue it up at home before I leave, then refer to it whenever sales are abound. It was helpful for the BBV buy one get one half price sale (even though I never bought anything) and it's handy if you're involved in those "2/$20" type sales. If you don't have an iTouch or something similar, make a list of games that have a +8 TIV that might be cheaper, based on the frequency of people trading them in.

I technically have an iPhone (girlfriends) and a netbook... So the same could apply. It just might be awkward walking around with the latter.

If anyone wants to help me out... Could anyone give me a heads up whenever there's something that's a good deal for cannon fodder? I really can't afford a lot of full priced games on a 8 hours a week (8 hours is simply to pay the car bills while I go to school) and can only afford about $40 a month... So... The cannon fodder thing always intrigued me; unfortunately, I never got it to work.

The best thing I have going for me right now is like 20 swagbucks friends.

No worries Rogan, if deals pop up that you might be able to take advantage of, I'll shoot you a PM; I'm on CAG wayyy too much. As of right now, the Rogers Video buy one used game, get one for $19.99 free is your best bet for fodder, assuming you can find complete games. Some guys have gotten away with getting inFamous and Chronicles of Riddick for $30 ($29.99 for inFamous, Riddick ends up being free), add one more game for $10-$20 and you're set.

[quote name='RoganSarine']I technically have an iPhone (girlfriends) and a netbook... So the same could apply. It just might be awkward walking around with the latter.

If anyone wants to help me out... Could anyone give me a heads up whenever there's something that's a good deal for cannon fodder? I really can't afford a lot of full priced games on a 8 hours a week (8 hours is simply to pay the car bills while I go to school) and can only afford about $40 a month... So... The cannon fodder thing always intrigued me; unfortunately, I never got it to work.

The best thing I have going for me right now is like 20 swagbucks friends.[/QUOTE]
There's usually always some deal going on where you can get cheap games. The one I just noticed a few days late is at Rogers Plus where its Buy one get one free on games under $20. Get Riddick and another game, and you're one game away from a T3 at EB. The free game I got that qualified was Prince of Persia and third game was a copy of Gears of War that was $10 at Blockbuster. So a little running around and you can get a new release game for ~$30.

edit: drats! beaten by seconds!

Well gees, they've only been doing that and screwed me for the last 6 years... why stop now?

Anyway, thanks Fanatic. I'd really appreciate it. Getting new games at $40 would definitely make me feel better for keeping on my shelf for 6 months before playing them :p

They only demand completeness for the trade-in promos. If you try around you may find some clerk that doesn't know better and takes incomplete games. But it's not worth the hassle. Of course if you just want their rip off regular TIVs they'll still take crappy incomplete games ;)

bread's done
Back