Best Deal on New Sony PSP 3000 + Questions

AnimatedSnow47

CAGiversary!
I am seriously considering picking up a PSP-3000. Is $129 on Amazon the best deal for a new one?

Also, a few other questions--
What's the best memory card/stick to get?

If you've downloaded a PSN/PSOne Classic on PS3, can you also download it to your PSP if you have a memory card/stick? And, if so, is there any fee beyond what you've already paid for the game?

I've eyed a few disk-based games. As a fan of arcade, racing, platformers, puzzle, and sports games, what are your recommendations?

And, finally, for audio/video playback, what formats are supported? Thank you very much in advance!!

I purchased a refurbed PSP-3000 from Cowboom a little less than a year ago for $90. I would say keep an eye there because it was literally new condition, and many other people who got refurbed PSPs said they got new/near-new PSPs too.

I would suggest getting at least a 8GB memory stick. It all depends on what you intend on downloading. I wanted to have FFVII-IX, and they totaled to more than 5GB, so I had to opt for the 8GB. If you won't be using PSOne Classics much, then you probably don't need that large of a memory stick. (then again, those Final Fantasies are probably a large exception since they have multiple discs).

I'm pretty sure you can download it to your PSP without any extra fee, but don't quote me on that one.

Format Support Audio

• MP3
  • ATRAC
  • MP4
  • WAV
  • WMA
Video:

• MPEG-4 (aka MP4)
  • AVI

That is best price you'll get it for at retail or online new, generally. There a lots of bundles out there that have games already included for about $20 more. Problem is they're tough to find. I'd recommend getting a high speed 8gb memory stick, it makes a nice difference.

Once you download a PS1 classic on your PS3 you are free to put it on your PSP, but you must link the systems together first. It's basically just plugging in your PSP to your PS3. Keep in mind that there are PS1 classics that will only work on the PS3, like Capcom's Pocket Fighter. That's a shame, Pocket Fighter is a great game and doesn't really have complicated controls. It would work great on PSP.

The Playstation Store is available on PSP, a smaller version of course, and you can download games directly to them. If you happened to download a PS1 classic on PS3, you can just redownload it on PSP. There's no additional charge here either. You just go to your download history and choose the game to redownload. I download my games onto the PS3 first and then put them onto the PSP because it's a lot faster that way.

Last but not least, I don't work for Sony. I just really really love PS1 games on my PSP. There were some games I always wanted to play that I never got around to, like Final Fantasy IX, Parasite Eve, and Vagrant Story. Playing them on PSP is fucking excellent. Revisiting games like Syphon Filter and Legend of Mana is a blast too.

As far as memory goes, you can usually get microSD for pretty cheap. I paid about $12 for a 32 GB one on eBay (a deal that good is hard to come by, though). Then you can get an adapter for a dollar or two. You'll pretty much be set.

bread's done
Back