Best deal on TV Seasons??

...what season of what show? There's not going to be a single source for the best deals on every season of every show for one format or the other.

[quote name='Scorch']...what season of what show? There's not going to be a single source for the best deals on every season of every show for one format or the other.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? No overall best place? :cry:

Amazon is not bad on a lot of things especially blu-ray, but you owe it to your self to shop around a little. No one place is going to have the best deal on every single tv show.

Deep Discount used to be great, but I'm not sure what kind of deals they run now. I quit shopping there once their customer service became the worst ever.

If you don't mind used, GoHastings has some great prices. Just make sure you count shipping when looking at the final total. Sign up for their newsletter, as they often do free/cheap shipping promos.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Are you sure? No overall best place? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Overall the best place is Amazon, for damn near everything, but you really should just shop around.

Waiting a few months after a show has come out on BD or DVD tends to help with pricing, as prices are often much closer to MSRP on release than afterwards.

Perfect example was a number of shows on WB / Fox that were last season's season sets of a number of shows, which were:
Vampire Diaries S1 - $27.49
Fringe S2 - $27.99
Supernatural S5 - $25.99
Smallville S9 - $27.49

Pretty close to release, they were $44.99 - $46.99. Their current prices on Amazon on BD are listed above. All of the above on DVD are $19.99 right now and were between $27 - $35 close to release.

If you go to camelcamelcamel.com, you can look up pricing on Amazon for any item where it will show pricing history for Amazon's prices, third party prices and used prices. It'll give you some idea of how the pricing for those items can go.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']but you really should just shop around.[/QUOTE]
I think that's what he's trying to avoid having to do. Unlike The Beatles I don't want to hold his hand. Hell, he can't even be assed to name specific shows he's interested in.

[quote name='Shoulda Been Harvey']I think that's what he's trying to avoid having to do. Unlike The Beatles I don't want to hold his hand. Hell, he can't even be assed to name specific shows he's interested in.[/QUOTE]

I have been assed by you it seems. :bouncy:

The reason I didn't name specific shows it because I'm looking for dozens of them. A ton of them.

Best Buy actually has some decent sales right now, but they end on Saturday 3/12.
I saw a few things I was interested in like all 3 Animaniacs sets and Freakazoid for $14.99 each.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you go to camelcamelcamel.com, you can look up pricing on Amazon for any item where it will show pricing history for Amazon's prices, third party prices and used prices. It'll give you some idea of how the pricing for those items can go.[/QUOTE]

While this thread is otherwise full of fail, THANK YOU for this link. I've never heard of this site before, but it is amazing. Awesome link, much kudos to you!

Sam's Club is very reasonable for TV seasons but regular movie dvds they are awful. They have box sets all sorts to choose from depending on what your looking for.

bread's done
Back