Best deal on X-Men First Class?

spmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Anyone know who is going to have the best price on X-Men First Class next week? It's weird that it's a Friday release, usually you only see that every once in a while with kids movies. Looks like Target has the best price on it so far for $22.99, Amazon still has it listed at $24.99, although I imagine they'll at least match Target before it ships. Is it too much to ask for a new release at $19.99 or less anymore?

So tomorrow I was going to pick up the Blu-Ray version for myself and the DVD for my mother... until I started reading that the DVD version is only one disc and has very limited special features compared to the Blu-Ray (my mother is a big fan of special features). The DVD does at least have the Children of the Atom 8-part featurette, but that's about it. Does anyone think that the extra DVD included in the Target version will be identical to the DVD release? Or will it be a disc that has the feature only and not the one special feature. I'm kinda thinking at this point it would be best to just buy that version and give the disc to my mom, but I wouldn't mind getting the DVD version so my mother could have a case and the best version available for DVD.

[quote name='ironman206']Fry's has it for 19.99... but it doesnt include the dvd. Just Blu ray and DC.[/QUOTE]

Yup but I'm gonna take the ad and attempt a PM on the Blu/DVD/digital combo pack at Target, so $19.99 plus additional 5% off for Target redcard.

$16.79 at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Obviously, only relevant to people with one in the area, which I believe limits it to Kansas City, Omaha, and Des Moines.

[quote name='BingoBrown']$16.79 at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Obviously, only relevant to people with one in the area, which I believe limits it to Kansas City, Omaha, and Des Moines.[/QUOTE]

And if you live in one of those places...you deserve to get it a little cheaper to make up for...living there.

[quote name='lawdood']And if you live in one of those places...you deserve to get it a little cheaper to make up for...living there.[/QUOTE]

Says the guy living in Sacramento... You're one NBA franchise away from being completely irrelevant. ;)

Oh well, tried PMing at Target, but the guy at the register told me that they want the actual ad and not a print out of the website ad. Didn't feel like driving so far because the closest K-Mart is like 10 miles away.

I should of thought of that but I dont really need a dvd anyway......plus got to used my rewards points go Kmart!!

[quote name='lawdood']And if you live in one of those places...you deserve to get it a little cheaper to make up for...living there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BingoBrown']Says the guy living in Sacramento... You're one NBA franchise away from being completely irrelevant. ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: SNAP and touche. Although the Kings (or Queens as we lovingly call them) haven't been a real NBA franchise in a few years...not to mention they were this close to becoming the Clipper's red headed stepchild, who are in turn the Laker's red headed stepchild.

But back on topic, had no problem pricematching the $19.99 Fry's sale price on blu/digital copy at Target for the blu/dvd/digital copy despite the different packaging.

Target almost gave me a hassle today price matching the K-Mart ad, but finally a manager came over and approved it. Too bad I opened up my copy to find a cracked case, oh well.

[quote name='Kazuya']So tomorrow I was going to pick up the Blu-Ray version for myself and the DVD for my mother... until I started reading that the DVD version is only one disc and has very limited special features compared to the Blu-Ray (my mother is a big fan of special features). The DVD does at least have the Children of the Atom 8-part featurette, but that's about it. Does anyone think that the extra DVD included in the Target version will be identical to the DVD release? Or will it be a disc that has the feature only and not the one special feature. I'm kinda thinking at this point it would be best to just buy that version and give the disc to my mom, but I wouldn't mind getting the DVD version so my mother could have a case and the best version available for DVD.[/QUOTE]

The Target combo-pack DVD has two of the Children of the Atom featurettes, Second Genesis and Band of Brothers. It also has a few previews, an anti-smoking PSA, and instructions on how to use the digital copy.

Mike B.

[quote name='mediamjb']The Target combo-pack DVD has two of the Children of the Atom featurettes, Second Genesis and Band of Brothers. It also has a few previews, an anti-smoking PSA, and instructions on how to use the digital copy.

Mike B.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. How odd that it would be different that the regular DVD release, requiring a separate pressing for a limited release. Or maybe, it's just less of a big deal to make it then I think. :)

I picked up the combo pack today and I just got through watching it. Did anyone else have freezing issues while watching the blu-ray? I had momentary freezes where it would freeze on a frame and I'd still be able to hear audio about 20 times. I think it may be due to these tiny pinpricks on the disc and white stuff toward the center of the disc, but even after completely cleaning it with water and a microfiber cloth it still freezes.

Well, like a fool I had this pre-ordered from FoxConnect before realizing Target had the Blu/DVD pack. However, the free t-shirt and release day delivery got me to keep my pre-order...but of course, the shirt showed up yesterday, and no fucking movie. I'm thinking of running out to Target to grab it and just returning the FC version when it shows up.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Well, like a fool I had this pre-ordered from FoxConnect before realizing Target had the Blu/DVD pack. However, the free t-shirt and release day delivery got me to keep my pre-order...but of course, the shirt showed up yesterday, and no fucking movie. I'm thinking of running out to Target to grab it and just returning the FC version when it shows up.[/QUOTE]

Won't work since the FC copy has a different UPC than the Target copy.

[quote name='jazzman']Won't work since the FC copy has a different UPC than the Target copy.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I mean I'll send it back to FC. I'd rather have the combo pack anyway, even if they make me send the shirt back too.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I picked up the combo pack today and I just got through watching it. Did anyone else have freezing issues while watching the blu-ray? I had momentary freezes where it would freeze on a frame and I'd still be able to hear audio about 20 times. I think it may be due to these tiny pinpricks on the disc and white stuff toward the center of the disc, but even after completely cleaning it with water and a microfiber cloth it still freezes.[/QUOTE]

Yes i had the same problem, i thought it was my ps3 cause it played fine on my samsung bluray player

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I picked up the combo pack today and I just got through watching it. Did anyone else have freezing issues while watching the blu-ray? I had momentary freezes where it would freeze on a frame and I'd still be able to hear audio about 20 times. I think it may be due to these tiny pinpricks on the disc and white stuff toward the center of the disc, but even after completely cleaning it with water and a microfiber cloth it still freezes.[/QUOTE]

It's freezing for me too, on my PS3...pretty annoying...

to solve the PS3 freezing issue you need to disable the internet on your PS3.

Ridiculous that you HAVE to do that but hey it works.

[quote name='spmahn']Target almost gave me a hassle today price matching the K-Mart ad, but finally a manager came over and approved it. Too bad I opened up my copy to find a cracked case, oh well.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to return it in exchange for another copy of the same item. At least that's the way it's supposed to work. ;)

Also, it's too bad that so many people are having issues with the PS3 and the BD-Live connection. There have been too many titles that won't work properly or at all (Zack and Miri comes to mind) with BD-Live enabled... it's total horsesh*t!

I have a PS3 because everyone kept on saying it's the best Blu-ray player on the market, but if it doesn't play brand new discs without skipping/freezing then I would have to disagree with that statement. It's especially ridiculous since the PS3 is so easily and (practically) fully upgradable for new standards in BD playback due to its firmware, but I'm not a programmer so I guess my view doesn't matter.

[quote name='Shady07']Yes i had the same problem, i thought it was my ps3 cause it played fine on my samsung bluray player[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nealocus123']It's freezing for me too, on my PS3...pretty annoying...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iversonwii']to solve the PS3 freezing issue you need to disable the internet on your PS3.

Ridiculous that you HAVE to do that but hey it works.[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys, I'm glad to know I'm not alone on this. I'll try disabling the internet next time I watch it.

Hrm...not only is the upper spine crushed on my Target case but I also had a freeze the first time I popped it in my slim PS3. I had to do a hard boot to unlock the system. After that it played without issue.

Just wanted to let you guys know if you manage to find a copy at target the sale price is the same @ 22.99 and the date for sale now says 9/11-9/17. I was happy to find one after striking out at 2 other stores.

Had to disable my Internet connection and erase the BD data for it to work on my PS3.

The disc holder was also broken.

And there's no activation code printed for my free digital comics.

Got it at Target BTW.

[quote name='jterp7']BB should still have it for 17.99[/QUOTE]They do, as their online-only listing for their Thu-Sat ad still shows it at $17.99.

[quote name='jterp7']BB should still have it for 17.99[/QUOTE]

It was still marked at $17.99 in store when I picked it up today, so no need to price match. On a side note, tried picking up Bridesmaids for the Misses and it was OoS at both BB and Target. They said their new order was sold out in just over an hour. Who knew?!

bread's done
Back