Best deal on Xbox 360 Arcade?

xbltheshadow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Anyone know of a good deal on this system? I'll take pretty much any deal... extra controller, extra game, lower price...

Best thing I know of is Buy.com, I found a $10 off a purchase of $200, bringing the price down to $269.99. Any help would be appreciated!

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Anyone know of a good deal on this system? I'll take pretty much any deal... extra controller, extra game, lower price...

Best thing I know of is Buy.com, I found a $10 off a purchase of $200, bringing the price down to $269.99. Any help would be appreciated![/quote]

couldn't you use the 5% off coupon as well?

I had no idea there was a 5% off coupon. Would you mind showing me where to find it?

Edit: Nevermind, I did find it, if anyone else needs it here it is. Saves $14.

Any other possible deals

Don't know if you would be interested but if I can find some kind of deal on the Elite system, I am thinking of upgrading. I currently have a 1 year old premium system that would then be looking for a new home. I still have the original box and paperwork and all of that stuff. This system has been adult owned and played, I have never had a problem with it other than the occasional disk read error. This is a system that I bought brand new at TRUS not a refurbished unit. In this scenario I am thinking of selling it for around $275. I sell things on Ebay some times and that is probabbly where I would list this. I have over 170 positive feedbacks.
I don't know if you are only interested in a new system, but I thought I would throw this out there.

Yea, sorry. I pretty much am. I want the HDMI port and the falcon chipset. The one I buy is going to become basically a second xbox. One for my permanent home, and one for college.

Theres a deal at tru with a coupon that you can use to get a game for half off with purchase of 360 arcade

C:\Users\Administrator\Pictures\360coupon.gif

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Yea, sorry. I pretty much am. I want the HDMI port and the falcon chipset. The one I buy is going to become basically a second xbox. One for my permanent home, and one for college.[/quote]

If you **have** to have a Falcon, then don't buy one online. You need to inspect the box for the 175W FCC sticker on the outside of the box. Saving $50 isn't worth the risk of getting an older model.

The $40 off $200 purchase coupon from CC works as long as they don't read it (which my store doesn't). I got a Premium two days ago for $310+tax.

I'd also suggest getting the $50 20GB hard drive from TRU.

[quote name='espywork']The $40 off $200 purchase coupon from CC works as long as they don't read it (which my store doesn't). I got a Premium two days ago for $310+tax.

I'd also suggest getting the $50 20GB hard drive from TRU.[/quote] Where's that coupon at?

The easiest way to spot a Falcon is to look on the box's label and any system that includes a 175 W power supply will be the one you want.

The coupon is somewhere in the main forum.

Yea, I actually stopped in Best Buy yesterday in hopes of seeing a 175W, but no dice... All were 203W with a manufacturer date if 10-12-07, so I didn't want to take the chance. I'm guessing I'll wait till after the christmas rush when they will hopefully restock with the new ones.

Have there been recent reports of a falcon console from Amazon? I haven't seen any... If so, that sounds pretty good to me, but however, the 5% off at Buy.com is 14 bucks better.

Yea, and that's exactly why I was probably going to take Tyrannical's advice and just go to a B&M to get one. That little bit extra will definatly go a long way.

Since the arcade version is fairly new and it comes with hdmi why wouldnt it have the falcon chip set? Also if your credit is good you can get $30 off with a credit card thru amazon.

Well, walking into Best Buy yesterday didn't make me feel any better. The systems there had the 203W sticker on them. That doesn't guarantee a falcon like the 175W sticker does. And buying through Amazon doesn't allow me to look at that sticker before I get it at my doorstep. Now if a few days after christmas everyone was saying they were getting falcons from amazon, I'd be all over it, but that has yet to happen.

[quote name='dmes65']Since the arcade version is fairly new and it comes with hdmi why wouldnt it have the falcon chip set? Also if your credit is good you can get $30 off with a credit card thru amazon.[/quote]

Because some are, and some aren't.

Only way to 100% get a Falcon is look for 175W on the box. Anything else is taking a chance.

Great point, Tyrannical. Sorry for reviving this thread, but I'm in the market for a falcon Arcade unit. Has anyone actually seen/bought one from a B&M (or anywhere)? The BB I went to was like xbltheshadow's experience... all 203W models.

bread's done
Back