Best Deal/Place to get Ipod Video 30gb?

ZeroEclipse

CAGiversary!
Hi CAGS, i am currently looking for an white ipod video 30gb. Where is the cheapest place to get it? The chepest so far is ebay but i dont trust them. mainly because i want the 1 year apple warrenty and most of the cheap ones are refurb. so far this is what i got...

Circuit City

Subtotal: $282.94
Shipping: Free
Tax : $17.68
Total : $300.62
-----------------------

Best Buy

Subtotal: $299.99
Shipping: In store pickup
Tax : $18.75
Total : $318.74
-----------------------

Apple.com

Subtotal: $299.00
Shipping: Free
Tax : $21.68
Total : $320.68

Apple.com offers free engraving and i have a question about it. the site says that ipods with engravings cannot be returned. that being said, is it still under the 1 year warrenty? so i can return it if something goes wrong.
-----------------------

looks like i wont be getting it from BB. and can someone fill me in on what the 1 year warrenty covers? i wouldnt mind the engraving (so i can put my name on it) but it will cost an extra $20 comparing to CC.

So please tell me if theres another way to get it under $300.

If you know anyone in college and the school participates in the educational discount program with apple. You can get the ipod for $269 with free shipping and engraving.

Here's another thing to keep in mind.

If I buy it from Amazon I can get it for $278.50 with free shipping($282.94 sale price - $4.44 from Amazon A9 Discount) and no taxes.

If I buy it from the Apple Store even though I can get the edu discount, it comes out to $290.92 for me after 8.125% sales tax.

[quote name='sirhc-']If you know anyone in college and the school participates in the educational discount program with apple. You can get the ipod for $269 with free shipping and engraving.[/quote]
[quote name='sanjuro']Here's another thing to keep in mind.

If I buy it from Amazon I can get it for $278.50 with free shipping($282.94 sale price - $4.44 from Amazon A9 Discount) and no taxes.

If I buy it from the Apple Store even though I can get the edu discount, it comes out to $290.92 for me after 8.125% sales tax.[/quote]
mmm i never knew about the education program. my total turns out to be $288.50. The resale value is not important to me because i dont plan on reseling it. any other deals?

I should file this under "Bragging Rights", but it might be of use to you in your search:

I picked up a virtually brand new Nomad Zen Vision:M 30Gb for $149.99 at Circuit City the other day. They had a few open/no-box items including an iPod nano for $75 (probably the 1gig model). My Zen V:M was bought and returned by someone who didn't have XP, so they couldn't work the sync programs correctly (it still has the original plastic film over the screen, so it was 100% scratch-free)

CC open-box items have the mfg's warranty intact, and the same return policy as if it were brand new, but you can get it for at least 30% cheaper than retail. I also see all kinds of open-box iPods at Best Buy from time to time. Might be a good idea to check the physical stores and see what they've got...

bread's done
Back