Best deals and can't miss games for PSP?

Lord_Kefka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I'm a big Final Fantasy/RPG guy and I'm planning on buying a PSP for Dissidia and the F.F. rehashes already out on the system.

I've paid very little attention to the PSP since it's release so now I could use some help. With the variety of different system revisions and bundles, what's my best deal? New bundle or used system? Can't miss games and acccessories? Cheapest way to get games (i.e. Gamestop B2G1F or ebay/Chuckwagon)?

I'm looking to start with the system, a decent sized memory card and the Final Fantasy games. What say you CAG? Where do I start?

I'm not sure about the cheapest system, though most of the bundles are pretty good and often come with a game and a mem card. Though you probably shouldn't get a psp-3000 with all the rescent problems that have occured. A few must have games are:
Final Fantasy Tactics:War of the lions
God of War:Chains of olympus (Pretty short but worth a rent)
Rachet and Clank:Size matters
Disgaea:Afternoon of darkness
I have heard good things about Crisis core and Monster Hunter Freedom as well but have yet to try them.

The b2g1f at Gamestop is probably your best bet to get the games cheap.

War of the Lions is definitely a must play; the PSX version was already one of the best games of all time and the PSP port has some tremendous improvements. If you are lucky enough to have a friend who's also into the game, the new multiplayer modes are really fun (only local though, and you have to have two copies of the game).

Crisis Core is also a great game and I highly recommend it. The battle system seems a little weird at first but once you get into the rhythm of it, it makes a lot of sense and is really fun to play. It's also a great portable RPG, in that it has a streamlined sidequest system that's built to pick up and play even if you only have a few minutes to kill, and of course you can put the PSP into sleep mode at any time, even in the middle of a battle or cutscene, and resume playing later.

You could make a valid argument that Final Fantasy I and II aren't worth the $19.99 price for each, given that if you have a GBA or DS, you can probably find Dawn of Souls for less than $20 and it contains both games. I picked them up even though I already had Dawn of Souls, but I'm a crazy FF fanboy and YMMV. :)

Other RPG ideas that haven't been mentioned:

Brave Story: New Traveler
Jeanne D'Arc
Wild ARMs XF
Yggdra Union

As for where to find games cheap, I stocked up on a ton of games during the Toys 'R' Us buy one get one free glitch. Good luck waiting for something like that to come around again. :)

Popolocrois is dirt cheap. Valkyrie Profile, and any of the Metal Gear Acid games. The Wipeout games are easy fun too. Patapon is a must. Space Invaders 30th anniversary edition. SSX on Tour has a great and I mean great sound track. You should be able to find any of these games for under 20$ so you won't feel a big dent in your wallet.

star ocean
tales of eternia(import uk version)
Mega Man Powered up
Disgaea
Gurumin
Guilty Gear Judgment(you can download it off the playstation network for 5-6 bucks)

I'll sell my phat, 2gb, 6 games from around 2007 PM me for details.

Also, I didn't upgrade it to 5.0 firmware, so if you want to mod, it'd be easier

bread's done
Back