Best deals on 30-32 in HDTV widescreens

Lucasp

CAG Veteran
I am looking for a 30-32 in HDTV widescreen. I would like to stay around the 500 buck-a-rooo range. There's an advent at bestbuy for around the price. I do play xbox and a while down the raod i'll prob have a 360. My colors are going out on my current tv so I can't hold out as long as I originally wanted to. Any suggestison?

Im trying not to sound rude when saying this, but save your money. Those advents are junk. I would save up and get either a 30" Toshiba, or for a little more money a 30" Sony. Their is a mailer out for BB right now with 10% off TVs, so you could get the Sony down to $900ish depending if its on sale or not.

Thanks for the info, i'll scratch the advent idea. It's going to be very tough holding out on a TV. Especially with football season starting up. I haven't broke my new years resolution of not using a credit card but oh boy it's tempting.

Just to reiterate: stay away from Advent...

I bought an Advent TV well over a year ago because of the price. Within 6 months, the color on the TV died, but it luckily fell within repair of a 1 year warranty. Everything ran smoothly until a couple months ago when it decided it would be a good time to die, now that the warranty had expired. My TV now generates a high-pitched buzzing sound, accompanied by a nice burning smell, and makes a really nice paperweight, laying dormant on top of my TV stand.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Im trying not to sound rude when saying this, but save your money. Those advents are junk. I would save up and get either a 30" Toshiba, or for a little more money a 30" Sony. Their is a mailer out for BB right now with 10% off TVs, so you could get the Sony down to $900ish depending if its on sale or not.[/QUOTE]

CC has all TVs 10% off right now as well. :D

With no mailer mind you. :applause:

I was just looking at cnet.com for HDTVs, since Ive been eyeing one for a purchase soon, and amazon.com has a deal for $700 on a 30 inch Sony widescreen. Reviews are generally very positive on it, and its going for 900-1000 elsewhere. Right now, its out of stock at Amazon, but you can order it to be shipped when it comes in again.

I got a great deal on Panasonic 32inch HDTV for $750 at Costco earlier this year. Try there (and Sam's Club). Or just wait till the Black Friday sales, if you can wait that long.

[quote name='chargeup45']I was just looking at cnet.com for HDTVs, since Ive been eyeing one for a purchase soon, and amazon.com has a deal for $700 on a 30 inch Sony widescreen. Reviews are generally very positive on it, and its going for 900-1000 elsewhere. Right now, its out of stock at Amazon, but you can order it to be shipped when it comes in again.[/QUOTE]

Thats a really good deal. Thats the same one I have for my bedroom and I think I paid $950 for it a few months ago.

bread's done
Back