Best Deals on 8800 Series.

darkchaostitan

CAGiversary!
I need a couple of good cards for an SLI, but I don't want any of the cheap XFX stuff and other such as you always see roaming around. Is there anything on the 8800 ultra that anyone knows about. I'm not looking to run Crysis on high here, but I want some decent performance. Also I have a nagging friend who won't stop telling me to invest in the the 9 series, but I'm really not sure how well they perform, if anyone could give me their opinion of it's use in comparison to the previous generation it'd be greatly appreciated. It seems more prototype though than anything to factor in a steady performance.

Above all I'd like to know if there are any deals on the 8800 ultra or GTS out there that are worth investment. A preferable brand for me would be eVGA, I was told to buy nothing but, however I'm sure that there's equal or greater performance out there eVGA just seems rock solid I guess.

Thanks again, and all help is greatly appreciated.

[quote name='blackhole82']I always get eVGA, but I've heard BFG is good too.[/QUOTE]

Had a BFG, the card broke down, after like 2 and half years, their lifetime warranty is excellent!They sent me a new model after receving my damaged one.GREAT service!

XFX is cheap? It's a pretty good brand from what I've heard and my xfx 8800 GT is working like a champ.

check out ebay using the live search to get the 20% off and maybe use the ebay coupon to get an extra 10% off ...i got my evga 9800 gtx brand new for about $170 after discounts

Really I wasn't sure about XFX, but thanks for the commentary, and yeah I heard that PNY was on the far end of the market. Thx

Yeah especially the 8800, it's really a suitable offer to SLI. I like that nVida made that part of the 8 series an affordable solution for ppl. I hear some ppl take the other 3850 and use 5 or 6 at a time. That's insane. I'd bet they'd be able to run Crysis on high. I still want something that'll last me throughout. Either power of an ultra or GTS in the 8 series or a steady 9 is something i'd want to put together. Thank you for all your help. And if anything pops up or is uncovered please let me know.

bread's done
Back