Best Decision I have made

mercilessming

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Best Decision I have made "in Gaming"
Prior to Christmas I made a poll based post, asking fellow CAGers what they thought I should get, 360 or PC vid card, based on my career,gaming habits and general lifestyle. I was so on the fence and didn't want to ~waste~ cash buying both.

Well right before Christmas I made the decision to get 360 as a gift to myself. And it has been the greatest console i have owned, Gamecube coming second and NES 3rd over(in no order) xbox1, ps2, ps1,supernes,dreamcast, atari 2600 and 7800, wii, genesis,commodore, "PC". I have played 360 almost non stop since purchase. Nothing beats getting with Friends playing 360 and enjoying 12 pack(s) of Yuengling. Many great games still await me, but I have beaten Tombraider legend, Conan, gotten very far in Pro Street, TMNT, Tetris Evolution,Lost Planet, started Dead Rising and Splinter Cell and played UN:lol: alot and got perfect dark zero to play.

And the list of released games to play seems endless plus the coming soon games.

I feel the same way man. I used to be all Sony, but after realizing that I hated RPGs and was an action FPS kind of guy, I decided to get an XBOX. This of course was facilitate by the PS3 costing so much at its inception. I was an early adopter, and I took a lot of crap from friends when I got it.

Now I look like a genius.

TMNT is a lot of fun, 8hours or so to beat though.
PDZ is fun, not easy though.
I felt the same when I got my box... just go through periods where I play the hell out of it, or dont play any games at all.

MAKE SURE YOU BUY A WARRANTY, THAT WILL BE THE BEST DECISION YOU WILL EVER MAKE.

Dude, excepting Dead Rising, you haven't even played ANY of the best games.

Seriously, if that's all you've played, and you're already amazed, you've got a hell of a lot to look forward to still.

(Call of Duty 4, BioShock, Orange Box, Gears, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, etc etc)

And if you've never owned an Xbox, you have SOOOO many Backwards Compatible Xbox titles to play. Seriously, man, welcome to gaming heaven.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']man, if buying an xbox is your BEST decision, you must have had a really crappy life ;)

but yea, i def. agree with you[/quote] Just because buying a 360 was his best decision doesn't he has a crappy life. It just might be a decision he was most happy with. And if you read his post it said 'in gaming'.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Dude, excepting Dead Rising, you haven't even played ANY of the best games.

Seriously, if that's all you've played, and you're already amazed, you've got a hell of a lot to look forward to still.

(Call of Duty 4, BioShock, Orange Box, Gears, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Halo 3, etc etc)[/quote]

I played others, just haven't owned, care to own or borrowed the others. I am learning to play First Person Shooters with a Gamepad, Never cared for Half Life 2 no matter the platform (lost interest about half way through it). Played halo 3 and gears at a buddies house, Played GH on 360 but got bored of it on PS2, I just race through it to get the songs I like then don't care after that. Yeah waiting to get Gears cheaper and perhaps BioShock, COD4 played some on 360 and PC, just not excited about it seems short and to cinematic. And already beat F.E.A.R. on PC.

Get Earth Defense Force 2017, grab a buddy for co-op campaign and some beers and get ready to bathe in an endless fountain of giant ant blood and missile trails.

[quote name='help1']I feel the same way man. I used to be all Sony, but after realizing that I hated RPGs and was an action FPS kind of guy, I decided to get an XBOX. This of course was facilitate by the PS3 costing so much at its inception. I was an early adopter, and I took a lot of crap from friends when I got it.

Now I look like a genius.[/QUOTE]

How old are you? Or I guess I should ask how old are your friends? Middle school?

I know how you feel. After owning a PS2, PS1, Genesis, Atari and playing on my friends Nintendo consoles since I was a little kid, I NEVER thought that I would ever be playing (let alone enjoying) a console made by Microsoft. About 1 1/2 years later and I still play my 360 constantly and have tons of games I need to get to or am looking forward to. I love the controllers, the aesthetics of the console itself, the OS, XBL and XBLA, etc etc...

Of course I'm sure my enthusiasm is partially bolstered by the fact I have never had a single red ring or other hardware issue (but probably will tomorrow just for having made that statement today).

If the deal where you can buy Bioshock and get The Darkness free is still going on somewhere, then go for that. Bioshock is my favorite 360 game to date (and just look at the reviews if you need further proof of its greatness) and The Darkness is pretty good too. Call of Duty 4 is my favorite multiplayer fps ever (and the same can be said for many other people as well), so if you are at all interested in multiplayer, do yourself a favor and buy COD4. Also, Mass Effect definitely a must-buy 360 game too.

[quote name='hertzy']Yuengling beer? Where are you from?[/quote]
Columbia, SC. Yuengling started being sold here about 4 years ago, now. Most places carry it here, and have it cheap also.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Seriously, man, welcome to gaming heaven.[/quote]
Big Big QFT there.

It truely is gaming heaven. Welcome!

Now just make sure that you don't become a fanboy and become completely unable to logically see the pro's and con's of other consoles.

Some suggestions (in order of priority):

Bioshock
Gears
Mass Effect
Ass Creed
Orange Box
Madden 08 (or any sports games you're into, theyre great on the 360).

Yuengling is delicious. If you go to a bar around here and order a lager, no questions are asked and you wind up with a Yuengling in your hand.

I don't think I'd call it the best decision I ever made. But I've definitely been a much happier gamer since getting a 360 in October. I was pretty let down by the Wii and had played most of what I wanted on the PS2, so I wasn't gaming much at that time.

[quote name='pittpizza']Big Big QFT there.

It truely is gaming heaven. Welcome!

Now just make sure that you don't become a fanboy and become completely unable to logically see the pro's and con's of other consoles.

Some suggestions (in order of priority):

Bioshock
Gears
Mass Effect
Ass Creed
Orange Box
Madden 08 (or any sports games you're into, theyre great on the 360).[/quote]

I loled
Anywho to OP I just got my 360 back in sept and man im kinda happy too that I came in late in the game because im having fun with all the games your talking about as well. I just started getting into most of the real hawt ones like cod4 so far 360 is the best out the three then the wii then ps3. I wish there was more games on the ps3 :bomb:

[quote name='pittpizza']In Pittsburgh, Yuengling flows like chocolate at Wonka's pad.[/quote]

Same thing here in Philly

I used to like Yuengling, but now I'm just not much on lagers period--Sam Adams aside.

My wallet loathes my beer snobbery. :(

[quote name='mercilessming']Columbia, SC. Yuengling started being sold here about 4 years ago, now. Most places carry it here, and have it cheap also.[/quote]

I wish. I live in Chicago, and you can rarely find it anywhere. I think it's strcitly an East Coast thing, or maybe a East and West Coast thing. I used to live in Virginia and it was plentiful around there.

No Love for the North Coast :cry:

Actually, the best thing being brewed in S.C., IMO, is Blenheim's.

But back on topic, I too have been very happy with the 360 Elite I received as a belated Christmas present from my wife a couple weeks ago. I've always been a Nintendo devotee, and still have a deep love for their products, but I've had a ton of fun with my 360. There are so many great gaming opportunities in the Live Arcade alone. I've played Uno and Undertow into the ground, not to mention the stack of games I've acquired so far (Orange Box, Bioshock, Halo 3, Viva Pinata, Battle for Middle Earth 2, KOTOR, Psychonauts).

Tybee, I can totally relate to how you're feeling.

As a Nintendo devotee myself, there was a long time where I felt guilty for buying an xbox and then a 360 (though I never bought either new, fuck you M$!)

After a while I just "fuck it" and abandoned my Nintendo fanboyism. They're just too different for any hardcore gamer to only own one. Like Dmaul, I'll play teh Wii for the exclusives (Endless Ocean, Glaxy, Metroid, Zelda, Smash, Kart, RE4....) but anything else is played on teh 360.

[quote name='pittpizza']Tybee, I can totally relate to how you're feeling.

As a Nintendo devotee myself, there was a long time where I felt guilty for buying an xbox and then a 360 (though I never bought either new, fuck you M$!)

After a while I just "fuck it" and abandoned my Nintendo fanboyism. They're just too different for any hardcore gamer to only own one. Like Dmaul, I'll play teh Wii for the exclusives (Endless Ocean, Glaxy, Metroid, Zelda, Smash, Kart, RE4....) but anything else is played on teh 360.[/quote]

It's not like I loved Nintendo to the exclusion of all others. I just feel more comfortable and attuned to games on their systems (especially the DS). But the 360 provides a very nice complimentary experience (however, watching me play shooters for the first time has unnerved my wife a bit). Honestly, I have so many games to play on all three of my systems (360, Wii, DS), I'm not sure how I'm going to catch up. ;)

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Yuengling is delicious. Just wish they'd expand into distribution in Ohio.[/quote]

Can't even get it in Connecticut...

I've never regretted my purchase of a 360 last April even though the price drop occurred about 6 months later (I got mine new for $370). It's been a constant source of entertainment, fun and networking for me, and I bought a warranty to keep my investment safe :)

[quote name='pittpizza']
After a while I just "fuck it" and abandoned my Nintendo fanboyism. They're just too different for any hardcore gamer to only own one. Like Dmaul, I'll play teh Wii for the exclusives (Endless Ocean, Glaxy, Metroid, Zelda, Smash, Kart, RE4....) but anything else is played on teh 360.[/QUOTE]

I abanonded mine much earlier I guess. The N64 was a huge dissapointment, so I played the PS1 a lot more than gen, and then the PS2 much more than the GC the following gen.

I'm pretty much done with them now, at least in the console arena. The Wii has been a big let down (may well get rid of it soon), and following the disappointments I had with the N64 and GC I really just don't see myself buying their next console unless things change dramatically and they have top of the line graphics and top notch third party support and online play.

They're doing great business for themselves, but they've just gotten away from the type of gaming I like along with my tastes changing a good deal over the years as well.

[quote name='hertzy']Where are you from? I'm only asking you guys because I'm from Pottsville, Pa the home of Yuengling and I'm curious how far it is spreading.[/quote]

I'm in Binghamton, NY and we've had it everywhere here for the past 4 years or so. Literally every bar has it on tap, some also carry the porter and black & tan. Also, when I was at the Outer Banks in NC last year I remember seeing it there.

Okay, just to stay on topic, Xbox 360 is great. Probably my overall favorite system as well.

bread's done
Back